Accurascale PCA STS Wagons

Hi Gilbert?

In the Castle cement range or over the three liveries we are doing in this first run?

Cheers,

Fran

Three liveries in the first run - how many more liveries are there on these wagons? 

What will a second run look like?  Just thinking different no's on the Castle Cements?  The wagons do look really really nice. and the factory looks pretty clean too....

Regards, 

C.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Gilbert,

No problem, STS grey was the earliest from 1982. Rugby was from about 85 and both lasted till the early 90s.

Cheers,

Fran

Thanks Fran

Appreciated

Chris

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Three liveries in the first run - how many more liveries are there on these wagons? 

What will a second run look like?  Just thinking different no's on the Castle Cements?  The wagons do look really really nice. and the factory looks pretty clean too....

Regards, 

C.

Hi Dogbox,

There are some variations of Castle Cement, then a variation on STS with sulfacrete branding. We may do them in the future but it will be after this run sells out as it's a pretty big run!

Cheers,

Fran

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/01/2019 at 13:57, 071 said:

Hi Dogbox,

There are some variations of Castle Cement, then a variation on STS with sulfacrete branding. We may do them in the future but it will be after this run sells out as it's a pretty big run!

Cheers,

Fran

Hi Fran, sorry to be a pain - on the variations of Castle Cement - will they be the same modern era livery, as the Castles in the first run, or is it an earlier livery?

Many Thanks,

C.

• RMweb Gold

Hi C,

This run includes 6 Castle Cement 'modern' liveries, for 18 individual wagons. The individuals are

VTG 10607, VTG 10612, VTG 10625

VTG 10615, VTG 10642, VTG 74035

VTG 10602, VTG 10610, VTG 10613

VTG 10606, VTG 10644, VTG 74030

VTG 10634, VTG 10647, VTG 74044

VTG 10609, VTG 10640, VTG 10651

You can explore those here https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pca-bulk-cement-wagon/castle-cement?grid_list=grid-view

As well as future runs of more of this livery, there are the sulfacrete and all red castle branding. 

Some pics of the earlier 'all red' Castle branding in action and also highlighting they ran 'mixed' with the newer branding as it was rolled out!

60036 at Peterborough

19970604 Scan1230 58042 6M93 East Goscote

St Neots

(Photo - Paul Townsend - https://www.flickr.com/photos/d1015/16271894092/)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Very interested in the the Castle Cement packs, but I'm not sure which would be the most accurate for a current modern image layout, i.e. 2017/8/9?

Packs J/K/M with Green lettering on logo 'Building a Better Environment'

Packs L/N with the 'HeidelbergCement Group' logo off to the side under Castle Cement logo

or 

Pack O with the 'HeidelbergCement Group' logo directly under the middle of Castle Cement logo

Or would all packs be suitable, as 18 individual wagons does sound mighty tempting... :O

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Richy59 said:

Very interested in the the Castle Cement packs, but I'm not sure which would be the most accurate for a current modern image layout, i.e. 2017/8/9?

Packs J/K/M with Green lettering on logo 'Building a Better Environment'

Packs L/N with the 'HeidelbergCement Group' logo off to the side under Castle Cement logo

or 

Pack O with the 'HeidelbergCement Group' logo directly under the middle of Castle Cement logo

Or would all packs be suitable, as 18 individual wagons does sound mighty tempting... :O

All of them :)

we chose wagons where the depicted livery was the longest lived. 

On 08/02/2019 at 19:14, McC said:

Hi C,

This run includes 6 Castle Cement 'modern' liveries, for 18 individual wagons. The individuals are

VTG 10607, VTG 10612, VTG 10625

VTG 10615, VTG 10642, VTG 74035

VTG 10602, VTG 10610, VTG 10613

VTG 10606, VTG 10644, VTG 74030

VTG 10634, VTG 10647, VTG 74044

VTG 10609, VTG 10640, VTG 10651

You can explore those here https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pca-bulk-cement-wagon/castle-cement?grid_list=grid-view

As well as future runs of more of this livery, there are the sulfacrete and all red castle branding. 

Some pics of the earlier 'all red' Castle branding in action and also highlighting they ran 'mixed' with the newer branding as it was rolled out!

60036 at Peterborough 56006 19970604 Scan1230 58042 6M93 East Goscote St Neots

Thanks for the info,

Best Regards,

C.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Richy59 said:

Do I have to pay upfront for the models, is it a free pre-order or is a deposit taken? Quite interested in the 18 wagons in Castle and don't want to miss out, but not sure I can put down all the money at once right now.

Hi Richy,

drop me a PM with your email address and I’ll sort something for you.

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, SouthernMafia said:

Are the bulk pack pre-orders finished now? I can't see them on the website anymore.

Hi Rich,

If you click into any of the respective packs you’ll find the bulk orders. Same with Cemflo and HUOs. Having a bit of a web glitch with them atm so not appearing on main product pages but will get them restored there again very soon.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Thanks to Fran and Patrick at the recent Glasgow show, the Castle PCAs had a guest outing at New Bryford's last show.

Appropriately named 60024 "Clitheroe Castle" delivers the rake into the former cement unloading siding.

60062a.jpg.455e8b63c766a8366acedf2bef2958bf.jpg

60062b.jpg.5a0c5a548aedda79bb5e1e4666a68d44.jpg

60062c.jpg.2bfb2703388c631c0d339e27ebb6cb12.jpg

WHen they later departed, one was left behind.....

66101- a regular on the Mossend-Clitheroe duty (usually JPAs....) collects the errant wagon.

66101.jpg.065be1e52fefad0f6b9071e21f54a71c.jpg

The rake did a few full circuits of the layout with no problems whatsoever.

Superb wagons - can't wait to take delivery of the production batch.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 10
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 071 said:

Hi Paul,

Allowing for some slack in couplings, 18 of them is around 2133mm.

HTH

Fran

Hi Fran,

Thanks for the swift reply.

At my age, it would have been better in feet & inches.

You youngsters have no consideration for the elderly !!!

Lol

Thanks again.

Paul

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Perfect Paul said:

Hi Fran,

Thanks for the swift reply.

At my age, it would have been better in feet & inches.

You youngsters have no consideration for the elderly !!!

Lol

Thanks again.

Paul

Sorry Paul, we're metric over here! In old money it's around 7ft! 

Cheers,

Fran

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 09/03/2019 at 16:36, blueeighties said:

Afternoon all. Can anyone tell me which liverie(s) would be most suitable for my running period/location of mid 80s, North East?

Hi there,

The STS grey wagons worked to Middlesbrough in the 80s. https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/pca-bulk-cement-wagon/products/pca-bulk-cement-sts-pack-a

Cheers!

Fran