Accurascale PCA STS Wagons

• RMweb Gold
On 04/04/2019 at 12:26, LaGrange said:

Are they still available via the collectors club??

Hello LaGrange,

Apologies for not responding earlier but I've only just got round to ordering the stock boxes. They are still available for purchase from Bachmann but they mention on the Collector's website that they will only ship to the UK.

Keith

15 hours ago, tetsudofan said:

Hello LaGrange,

Apologies for not responding earlier but I've only just got round to ordering the stock boxes. They are still available for purchase from Bachmann but they mention on the Collector's website that they will only ship to the UK.

Keith

Thanks - I've ways around that thankfully :)

• RMweb Premium
On 18/03/2019 at 20:37, newbryford said:

They have also been receiving extra VTG safety markings, 

I'm hoping to get a clearer shot and have some decals made.

1523796901_PCAsticker1.jpg.97aa1b72f41735505f7cf84e6d5fb60d.jpg

1930906562_PCAsticker2.jpg.9af00f78bef054cc7f12505b18df22d3.jpg

Thanks to SM and Jo for more pictures of the safety signs and Steve at Railtec for coming up with the goods.

For those wanting to make their PCAs bang up to date:

http://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3737

I believe these safety notices are starting to appear on other wagons in the VTG fleet.

Cheers,

MIck

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

I got my bundle of 18 Castle Cement versions yesterday and just wanted to say that they are amazing!

Now we all know the wagons are brilliant but I have to say also the boxes are top quality too...it had all the satisfying, smooth, soft-touch pleasure of unboxing a new iPhone, great work all round chaps!! :good:

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Couldn’t resist taking a quick video before putting them away for a while whilst continuing to build the layout....

Video via my Flickr site to large for here!

2C36030E-CA29-4829-B06C-89B3C845BBA1.jpeg

• Like 10

On 12/04/2019 at 19:57, newbryford said:

Thanks to SM and Jo for more pictures of the safety signs and Steve at Railtec for coming up with the goods.

For those wanting to make their PCAs bang up to date:

http://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=3737

I believe these safety notices are starting to appear on other wagons in the VTG fleet.

Cheers,

MIck

Hiya Mick, I’m unfamiliar with these wagons having never seen them in the flesh myself so can I ask if the ‘egg’ safety notices are applied on both sides of the wagon or are they on just the one side.

many thanks in advance :)

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Shoey said:

Hiya Mick, I’m unfamiliar with these wagons having never seen them in the flesh myself so can I ask if the ‘egg’ safety notices are applied on both sides of the wagon or are they on just the one side.

many thanks in advance :)

The safety egg stickers are recent additions - in the last couple of months or so.

They are on both sides.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone, 

Some online reviews have popped up in the last few days on the PCAs, showing a closer view of the models. Here is the 'Dean Park Station' and some views on his excellent layout that may be of interest to some.

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Can’t wait to receive my rake. I have paid for them but I’m still waiting to get them in my hands. Also had no delivery instructions so just want to check that payment has gone through.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Andy7 said:

Can’t wait to receive my rake. I have paid for them but I’m still waiting to get them in my hands. Also had no delivery instructions so just want to check that payment has gone through.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Hi Andy

if you’ve  not had a dispatch notice do drop us a line to support@accurascale.co.uk

• RMweb Premium

Coincidence today as I managed to be in teh right place at the right time.

Celebrity 66718 at the front pulls up at signal DS9 with 6M90 Avonmouth-Clitheroe.

pca6.jpg.e2ad84037e6d40e63f0218d0245dab98.jpg

I managed to photograph most of the rake

Showing that the VTG "egg" has just been stuck on over the graffiti and that there are minor variations in the position of it.

All bar one had it in this position (or thereabouts).pca2.jpg.9bd341c09a62ced200d1cf571393ddde.jpg

pca5.jpg.6b178285c280093988d22c974c87d58d.jpg

pca3.jpg.b0bf988d293c66023af6398f5d61a474.jpg

pca4.jpg.e4cd5d6f737e8dbdbec778c9a58e3103.jpg

and then there was this one.

pca1.jpg.78f7cb2a2cb1dfd0802434f35685b242.jpg

It will be a few weeks before I get around to weather/graffiti my fleet and quite looking forward to the challenge.

My sheet of VTG eggs arrived yesterday -thanks to Steve at Railtec - again.

Cheers,

Mick

pca6.jpg

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 11

Mick,

Does any of the graffiti refer to Regus, Herzog, 2hot or Severnside crew?

The style on those you've posted looks very similar to a lot of the stuff down our way, but I doubt the train sits in the Bristol area long enough

Jo

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Steadfast said:

Mick,

Does any of the graffiti refer to Regus, Herzog, 2hot or Severnside crew?

The style on those you've posted looks very similar to a lot of the stuff down our way, but I doubt the train sits in the Bristol area long enough

Jo

I have no idea.

I always thought that they got tagged in Bescot.

Cheers,

Mick

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Received my wagons a couple of weeks ago and they are stunning, so pleased with them. Anyway I have applied frame dirt to all the wheels (18 wagons worth) and Tuesday night I started applying graffiti to one (criminal you may say, but, as per the prototype). Now finished and I’m really pleased with the result. I have also changed the running number. Picture is not mine but one of newbryford’s (Mick’s) seen earlier in the thread.

Hope you like.

DE15E221-D24C-4E06-B846-2FE0BC2B30F7.jpeg

FA0D64ED-490A-40FA-8EE2-7BEC79B6CA0F.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 9

I now have a single STS grey wagon courtesy of a friend and wow so much detail. All I can say guys is keep on doing more wagons especially PCA and some PGAs if you fancied trying some of those (plenty of designs begging to be modelled!)

Cheers Paul

• Thanks 1