Accurascale announce Rawie Buffer Stops in 4mm

Accurascale announce Rawie Buffer Stop packs in 4mm

acc_2002_shrf.png

11 October - Accurascale today announces the launch of the latest model in its 4mm accessory line; the Rawie buffer stop.

Several variants of this distinctive buffer stop can be found across the rail network, from terminus stations, to locomotive stabling points, to motive power depots and freight yards. The variant that has been modelled by Accurascale first appeared in the early 1990s and remain a bright red distinctive feature to this day across the network.

The Accurascale model will come in multiple variants, with a basic buffer stop with traditional buffer pads, a buffer stop with Scharfenberg coupling box attachment and a buffer stop with a Scharfenberg attachment with lighting pole and functioning lighting, with pick up from the track.

Tooling for the models has been complete with undecorated pre-production variants of the Scharfenberg box buffer on display at the Great Electric Train Show on October 13th and 14th. Tweaks to the design are currently being undertaken by Accurascale’s factory in China.

The buffer stops will be in packs of two for the basic and buffer stop with Scharfenberg coupling box attachment priced at £5.95, while the LED fitted buffer is in a single pack for £6.95. Prototypical friction pads will be provided in each pack to be placed on the rails behind each buffer stop as per the prototype. They are suitable for both Code 100 and 75 00 gauge track.

Delivery is expected to be Q4 2018 and can be ordered directly from the Accurascale website once it arrives in stock. https://accurascale.co.uk/

basic.png

acc_2001_led.png

• Like 12

These are stunning. Out of my time range but I've no doubt they'll sell like hot cakes and especially at this price, you've got these spot on Fran and the inclusion of the friction pads is a very nice, nay essential touch.

Well done!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks E3109 - these Buffer stops would have been introduced from the 1980's onwards.

The packs include a spacer tool to ensure prototypically accurate spacing of the friction elements also.

Glad you like them!

Stephen

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Once again, an inspired choice of product, who would have predicted this?

Clever concept, design and marketing. Hat is off.

Thanks Andy! We felt it was about time we had a nice up-to-date buffer stop for up-to-date modellers. There are still some refinements required but they gained lots of admiring glances on our stand today. 

Cheers,

Fran

Hi,

I was really delighted when I discovered them on the stand on Sunday morning, I'll certainly be buying at least 6 and probably even more, I would just ask if you can get them out before the end of the year so I can fit them to a layout prior a show in January! :sungum:

Could I ask, have you thought about other versions that could be done in terms of lights? There are also the single red and double white versions that are needed for really up to date people!

I really hope you continue with the modern accessories side of things, if you want suggestions, I have loads of them!

Simon

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

I was really delighted when I discovered them on the stand on Sunday morning, I'll certainly be buying at least 6 and probably even more, I would just ask if you can get them out before the end of the year so I can fit them to a layout prior a show in January! :sungum:

Could I ask, have you thought about other versions that could be done in terms of lights? There are also the single red and double white versions that are needed for really up to date people!

I really hope you continue with the modern accessories side of things, if you want suggestions, I have loads of them!

Simon

Thanks Simon - and yes please suggest away :) On delivery times, the buffer packs are in manufacture stage and we'd hope to have them shipping before year end.

Like most things, if these accessories sell well, we'll absolutely look to widen the ranges.

Edited by McC

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Final decorated samples are with us now (more news in the coming week) with full stock due within the next 4 weeks or so, so it's now possible to order on the site for immediate dispatch later in April, 

HTH!

Stephen

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...