Accurascale announce Rawie Buffer Stops in 4mm

5 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Our Rawie Buffer Stops have arrived!

We are currently breaking down pallets and getting them checked before preparing them for dispatch from tomorrow! But finally, they are here with us! 

What do you mean, finally?

You said you hoped to have then in time for Warley.

Then you estimated mid-November.

That sounds about on time to me. Almost unheard of in this hobby!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

What do you mean, finally?

You said you hoped to have then in time for Warley.

Then you estimated mid-November.

That sounds about on time to me. Almost unheard of in this hobby!

Thanks Pete, but we had originally said the beginning of this year, so even we cant get away with a delay like that! We're so grateful by the patience shown by those of you who have pre-ordered, thanks so much! 

Cheers,

Fran

14 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

Well email today to say on their way , thanks gents looking forward to the arrival of a parcel.

Must admit have yet to start on the Irish themed trackage but at least these are a start - or perhaps a stop ! 

Another layout for the office Rob?

• Like 1

Just order two sets myself. Just a quick question lads, why are the Irish versions on the AS site while there is no UK standard on the IRM site? I think there are a few of the UK standard on the Irish network around the DART line.

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Fitzer said:

Just order two sets myself. Just a quick question lads, why are the Irish versions on the AS site while there is no UK standard on the IRM site? I think there are a few of the UK standard on the Irish network around the DART line.

Great idea - all done

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/buffer-stops

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/rawie-bufferstop

Edited by McC
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

and.. happy to confirm every single RAWIE pre-order (as well as orders placed in the last few days) have been shipped. 

Everyone should have an email notification with tracking data, if you don't and think you should have, do please contact us via email or live chat!

Many thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This may be a silly question, but is it a case of 'once they're gone, they're gone'? Or when stock levels get low will there be more made?

I'm currently in the very early stages of my loft layout and will want to get a load of these buffers for it, but don't know how many I'll need. Will I be best off ordering a load now to guarantee I have some?

Cheers!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, JackB95 said:

This may be a silly question, but is it a case of 'once they're gone, they're gone'? Or when stock levels get low will there be more made?

I'm currently in the very early stages of my loft layout and will want to get a load of these buffers for it, but don't know how many I'll need. Will I be best off ordering a load now to guarantee I have some?

Cheers!

Hi Jack,

We have made lots, so we should be okay for a while, especially with the non LED buffer stops. The LED ones are flying out the door though, so would probably recommend stocking up on a few of them if you want them, then get the non LED fitted later?

Cheers,

Fran

• Like 2

On 01/12/2019 at 07:02, Marcus-Jay said:

Well done chaps.

y4mDOzQpEDlExHDId44_1OWtnJRARw51PwjwDi2U

Now if only it hadn't been delivered at a time when the entire family wants me to run them around Xmas shopping. Spare time - denied

:laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini::laugh_mini:

I know the blokes in IRM are like gods these days and I know I might sound like a grump but christ that a lot of packing for something that would fit into a Largish Matchbox.

Despite the escalation in concern about single use plastic packaging there seems to be no end to companies using single use plastic. With Peco going non Eco switching from Carboard to fancy plastic cartons for a few sqaure of walling or tiles I am feeling very guitly of buying such items now.Of couse I could used the plastic for glazing but some tend to be a bit opaque.

nice product otherwise lads.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Georgeconna said:

I know the blokes in IRM are like gods these days and I know I might sound like a grump but christ that a lot of packing for something that would fit into a Largish Matchbox.

Despite the escalation in concern about single use plastic packaging there seems to be no end to companies using single use plastic. With Peco going non Eco switching from Carboard to fancy plastic cartons for a few sqaure of walling or tiles I am feeling very guitly of buying such items now.Of couse I could used the plastic for glazing but some tend to be a bit opaque.

nice product otherwise lads.

Hi George?

Gods? Ah now, not sure about that! We certainly don’t see it that way. Just a few lads making models is all. We have plenty of customers to keep our feet on the ground anyway.

Very valid point on the plastic, the shape of the buffers, particularly the LED one, was a challenge for packaging, and a box wouldn’t work. It’s something we going to look at in the future, but the nature of mail order shopping makes it a challenge not to use some form of plastic along the way.

Cheers!

Fran

• Friendly/supportive 2

Fran, I seriously understand the challenges for a packaging for such a fragile product. But there are some substitute materials available today with similar characteristics (like clear and durable) like plastics but sustainable and partly compostable. Recycled plastics are also an alternative.

You are trying  to deliver the best models on the market (and I am sure you will). Take the challenge and be the first model railway company with an eco friendly packaging and a green label on the product...

Cheers.

Guido

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fluo66 said:

Take the challenge and be the first model railway company with an eco friendly packaging and a green label on the product...

They have, the IRM Irish RAWIE buffers are in "green" packaging. :D

• Funny 2

Just ordered two of the lit pair for my table-top shuttle over the xmas period (operation in low light conditions when others are watching TV).

I undersand from youtube that on DC they only illuminate in one direction. Would it be possible to isloate the LEDs from the track (with tape) and feed off a 16vAC accessory output from controller?

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Just ordered two of the lit pair for my table-top shuttle over the xmas period (operation in low light conditions when others are watching TV).

I undersand from youtube that on DC they only illuminate in one direction. Would it be possible to isloate the LEDs from the track (with tape) and feed off a 16vAC accessory output from controller?

Hi there,

You can indeed, you can just take the pick ups off and use the wire to feed to your accessory output.

Cheers,

Fran

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi there,

You can indeed, you can just take the pick ups off and use the wire to feed to your accessory output.

Cheers,

Fran

Fran, when you say 'take the pick ups off' is this permanent (cutting) or can the springs be lifted out?

Are the exposed wires on the rear 'live' (i.e. can be wired up')

Thanks for the help, looking forward to playing!