MK3 RUB Question

Cbpete

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, I have just received My MK3 RUB Blue & Grey, has I have never seen the real one on the west coast and I am struggling the find photos of it.  I just want to know if the interior seat colour should be orange like it was in the HST sets and not the colour which Oxford Rail as used, Also should the red line above the window finish at the seating area not half way.  

Peter

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, I have just received My MK3 RUB Blue & Grey, has I have never seen the real one on the west coast and I am struggling the find photos of it.  I just want to know if the interior seat colour should be orange like it was in the HST sets and not the colour which Oxford Rail as used, Also should the red line above the window finish at the seating area not half way.  

Peter

Pete,

Check the mk3 coach thread, your answer re the livery is in there in the last couple of posts....

As to the colour of the upholstery, I can’t remember now, but does the tinted windows not make it difficult to discern the colours anyway?

Mine should arrive next week down here in the colonies....

The seats were first class style, and in orange, but stated as "Unclassified" so that second class passengers could sit and eat in them. During 1984 they were reclassified RFB anyway and received yellow stripes. Strictly speaking they are Mk3a, Mk3 is for HST stock.

I've plenty of photos of them in blue and grey from books but I'll admit that a quick search just now only found one on the net. Although it is a RFB and has first class 1s on the doors it still hasn't received the yellow stripe yet.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blue-diesels/7620732316/sizes/o/

the next two photos show them in class 87 rakes, they can be enlarged in flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/86020500@N06/7995258678/sizes/k/

8213471263_45421a931a_o.jpg87004 by Dave Jolly, on Flickr

Edited by Flood
  • Like 2