Upgrading an 00 gauge Lima Class 33 - waste of time?

• RMweb Gold

Have you considered the CD tray motor conversion? It's incredible how quiet and smooth it becomes, I've just remotored 3 Limas with them. You need to add diodes to drop the voltage down, though, otherwise they are faster than a Smokey Joe!

• 2 years later...
On 15/10/2018 at 13:22, richscylla said:

I've been detailing my Lima Class 33 recently, and I'm really pleased with the results. The first 3 parts of the detailing are in YouTube videos - might give you some ideas. I'm by no means an expert, so if I can do all this so can anyone else - and I'm sure many far better that I. 

Hi @richscylla.  Just watched your St Michael's Hill videos about this on YouTube (assuming that that is your channel).

I'm fixing to do a similar upgrade job so have been looking through this thread for ideas of what to do.  A question for you if I might:  In the last one of your videos (number 5 I think) you made a comment about investigating a website for the parts to do the route blinds.  Did you ever follow up and what did you find?  At the moment that's the one bit that is defeating me.

Thanks

Elliott