Loksound select problems

dave750t

I've got a Bachmann class 37 with DCC sound 37418 with loksound select decoder. Today, after some problems with short circuits on the layout the loco has started behaving strangely. Motor control is fine but functions are firing off sound effects seemingly at random e.g. F1 should just turn on / off engine but is also setting off guard's whistle and cab lights. All other function keys are doing similar things. I've tried a reset to no avail. I read in the function table in jmri I can't see anything odd.

Any ideas what I can try next?

Thanks.

One thing you can try if you haven't already is to turn off the locos sound whilst on the track, then turn off the track power and remove the loco from the track.

Leave it off the track for some time then try again a little later.

Failing that it will be a decoder reset.

Make sure you have sorted out the short circuits though.

Wiggy.

No joy with resets. I think I have made some progress though. As it appeared that pressing a function key was triggering all functions at once I tried disabling the functions in the function table and then reenabling them again. It seems as though the function table is corrupted in some way and reprogramming it in jmri might fix it.