GS&WR 10 ton Goods Brake Van

leslie10646

post-16179-0-57285500-1539720035_thumb.jpg

Spurred on by the promise of the forthcoming 00 Works J15, I thought I'd offer the ability to have a complete branch goods to be hauled by it. Hence this kit.

We've finished two in slightly different liveries, although both have the proverbial snail! Above is close to the GSWR "black / very dark grey" which some vans may have kept throughout their long lives. Below is a shot at a more CIE-style livery. 

post-16179-0-72445700-1539720290_thumb.jpg

I am still waiting for my final transfer sheet for the van, which will be simply for its later life as a CIE van.

There are photos of them on branch lines in the 1950s an early 1960s, hauled by the ubiquitous J15, but also with the early diesels like the C and G Class. 

The kit is a gift to the weathering men - no two can have been alike, part from a high level of grubbiness?

Michael Rayner, my modeller, has included some nice touches like the brake wheels on the verandahs, the "safety" equipment in the form of the safety bar at the doors and those very flimsy-looking steps!

post-16179-0-21746300-1539720589_thumb.jpg

I'll have a stock of the kit at Raheny in ten day's time, selling at €35.

Reserve yours by e-mailing me at - 

lesliemcallister@aol.com

I hope that you like it.

Leslie

Edited by leslie10646
  • Like 2

If any of you were hoping to buy my new wagon (and the others, of course) and Raheny at the weekend, I'm afraid I've had to let you down.

The vehicle which carries my kits etc over to Ireland was stolen on Monday night and it hasn't proved possible to get a courtesy vehicle (so much for insurance!). Hiring a vehicle would make the cost prohibitive.

I shall be selling my new brake van at the intended Exhibition price for the next month and will POST it to you within that price. £32 or €35.

Orders either via my normal e-mail or using the link on my website - 

provincial wagons.com

Sorry to have to miss the exhibition. If you're going, have a great time.

Leslie