The London Festival of railway Modelling

BRMExhibitions

18 hours ago, sanspareil said:

Does anyone have a date yet when the 2020 show weekend will be? I have to book a late weekend in March away for 2020 in the next days and dont want to choose the show weekend!

Hi. The dates next year are 21st & 22nd March 2020. See you there.

Edited by BRMExhibitions
logo to huge
  • Thanks 1

Pendon Museum has some of the finest dioramas anywhere and is a source of inspiration and delight to all modellers. The central feature of their stand this weekend in London is a completely new 22 foot panoramic 3D photograph of The Vale Scene. Come and see the photographs and learn more about the Museum.

Visit https://www.world-of-railways.co.uk/shows/show/the-london-festival-of-railway-modelling/ for the upto date list of layouts, exhibitors and everything else that is happening.

Two Up Trains -Pendon.jpg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Meet the TV stars at Ally Pally

We've enjoyed an amazing few months for model railway-based television recently. Has our hobby ever enjoyed such a high profile, or such positive coverage?

This year's London Festival of Railway Modelling gives you the chance to meet some of the stars of the programmes.

For starters, we have Barry Cossins and the Missenden Modellers group with their layout ‘Ealing Road’ (featured in BRM’s Spring issue which is on-sale now). It’s a fascinating model and we have a feature in this newsletter where Andy and I visit the group to find out all the interesting bits on the layout the TV people don't have time for.

Then Colin and his crew, last seen on the James May Hornby documentary, can be found on the Double O Gauge Association stand where I'm sure they will be happy to spill the beans on how they found themselves in front of the camera. If you can't make it to the show, we've a feature in this issue too.

Don't forget that Phil Parker & Howard BRM TV will also be around, so stop by and say hello!

Box_1.jpg

• Like 2

I've been trying to sign up to the BRM pre-subscription offer for the FREE TICKET for Ally Pally, but cannot get beyond the first page in the link, where it requires a Promo Code to progress to the signing up process.

No Promo Code is given in the advertising email from Rails, or the post announcing the offer in the BRM part of this forum.

Does anybody have any information about this, or the code?

Thanks

Ron

Edit, Monday 18th March.

All sorted out, courtesy of BRM.

Free Ticket to this coming weekend's Ally Pally show on the way.

Edited by Ron Ron Ron

• RMweb Premium
On 27/02/2019 at 18:20, The Stationmaster said:

The venue is far nicer than Warley - much lighter and far more airy.  Also the layout of the stands always seems to me to be easier to follow than at Warley.  Overall I rate it as a consistently good show and one where you can actually get to all of it in a reasonable time but that does of course depend to some extent on what floats your particular boat model railway wise.

What might not be so good is the accessibility - while you get a top notch view of London going up the hill on the 'bus that has meant that you have either had to get on a 'bus or walk up the hill to get there from the Alexandra Palace  station or from a station which is covered by the same 'bus routes.  Plus of course you need to get to Kings Cross or elsewhere on the GN suburban network if you are coming that way.  Oddly after including the faff of changing mainline stations in London plus our decidedly pedestrian local train service into London it is usually a shorter journey time for me to the Warley show than it is to the much closer Ally Pally show - but generally it's well worth the extra hassle involved for me  in getting there.

I went by car once a good few years back and on the Sunday so it wasn't too bad but despite having to use at least 4 separate trains (including the UndergrounD, where LUL could easily ad a fifth train to that lot ) plus the 'bus up the hill I wouldn't even consider driving there on the Saturday (nor probably on the Sunday) as I long ago had my fill of driving in London traffic on routes I knew well (and this is one I don't know well).

Hi Mike

I hope you have enough time to come and say "Hello" to me when you view Pig Lane (Western Region).

If other RMwebbers are present please do introduce yourselves.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, stewartingram said:

Exit the tube, the bus stop is just down the road opposite (Station Road). Bus W3 also runs from Northumberland Park to Finsbury Park station via Ally Pally.

Stewart

1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

Thanks Stewart, to the show guys, that would be worth putting on the website as there’s no obvious location when you check google ;) 

Here! - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5970729,-0.1109895,3a,75y,98.79h,81.59t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s9ksYN113U4ArRNcj30ttOQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Thanks 1

The shuttle buses are quite frequent - I guess about every 10 - 15 minutes. Get on at Wood Green and avoid the station if you can - on several occasions, the coaches have filled up at Wood Green, so no room for passengers getting on en route.

If you use the W3, you have to pay unless you have a bus pass. It takes a bit longer from Finsbury Park.

David C

MRC member

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

If anyone needs a mini Andy, Howard or Phil, ModelU will have both 4 and 7mm scale versions on the stand this weekend. Get in quick before the stampede!

Does he also sell pins?

:diablo_mini:

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

If anyone needs a mini Andy, Howard or Phil, ModelU will have both 4 and 7mm scale versions on the stand this weekend. Get in quick before the stampede!

Modelustand.jpg

Too cheap.:jester:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Be aware if travelling across London tomorrow, there is supposed to be some sort of anti Brexit march with hundreds of thousands expected which given how fractious the subject is, could easily lead to trouble so you may wish to avoid areas like Westminster and the West End.