The Festival of British Railway Modelling

BRMExhibitions

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Weather forecast seems to have improved - if you're coming from the south anyway....boundary of yellow wind area is a line from Liverpool to Bradford according to Met Office...

and now its just back in the yellow..... :( ..I knew once I'd bought my rail ticket that would happen...

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

My toolbox is packed. I'm trying to anticipate everything Andy Y might break...

I was going to post 'the internet' and use a well known celebrity with Andy's face - but my initial search on a work computer made me reconsider.

Thank goodness Google defaults to 'safe search'

3 hours ago, DaveC46026 said:

Well Charwelton is loaded up and were en route! Come say hello over the weekend

20190208_100520.jpg

20190208_095937.jpg

These guys are fast! Last boards being erected. I daresay a pub's waiting for them. 

IMG_20190208_143910.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Just a note to say that someone left a small black (A5-ish) diary/notebook and white envelope on one of the free shuttle buses that arrived at the bus station around 1640 today (Saturday), and it was handed to the driver if it belongs to anyone here.

• RMweb Premium

Yes, it was worth a walk around, not that many layouts that took my fancy but that's personal preference rather than a comment on the quality of the show.  Busy but not too busy you couldn't move.  Plenty of trade support.  Easy to get to/park.  On-site food was expensive though...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Just arrived home from this show, some good layouts and although busy room enough to get round. The main crushes seem to be around the trade stands rather than round the layouts which seems to be the way of these large shows nowadays, but there is obviously a demand and people were saying it was even busier on Saturday.

1 hour ago, George Woodcock said:

Hello

Has any-one been to this show?

Cheers

George

Yes thanks.

steve :D

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

3 hours ago, steve1 said:

Yes thanks.

steve :D

Yes George, saw  Steve, Mick, Spike, Dave from Ten commandments, Scottish Andy, Grahame, Brian Hanson, Cathy and her mum and dad at Booklaw, Charlie and ian ( Legobiffoman), Chris Tipping, Andy York

and then tonight i saw you .................

"T.G.B. Metal Recycling & Block Pavers" and "Rosamund Street (Low Level) Sidings" are now both home and unloaded at Penarth & Cardiff respectively.

Doncaster Racecourse to home in 4hrs. dead, including a stop for fuel.

Very, very enjoyable weekend with a variety of modelling subjects, of very good quality, displayed by some exceptionally friendly types !

Nice catch-up with the Ballyconnel Road team - don't try and blame us for your heads this morning.

Well organized show, thanks to the BRM staff and the Doncaster club members.

All in all a "damned good" weekend

Brian R & Paul R. 

Edited by br2975
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Deadmans Lane unloaded at it's place of storage and finally home by 8.30pm.

On behalf of the DL team, thanks to all the BRM/Warners staff for arranging the event (and all others involved behind the scenes.)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, JDW said:

Yes, it was worth a walk around, not that many layouts that took my fancy but that's personal preference rather than a comment on the quality of the show.  Busy but not too busy you couldn't move.  Plenty of trade support.  Easy to get to/park.  On-site food was expensive though...

Use the Chippy across the road. Next time?

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

I've just tried to post a link to my Flickr Album but the website seems to have embedded the link and will not allow it to open - sorry

Try this.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/103471893@N02/albums

A selection of stunning photographs 

Many thanks for sharing them.

Eltel

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

HI all,

On behalf of the Charwelton into the 80's team we just want to say a big thank you to Sam (who booked us after seeing a few photos in our thread) and the BRM/Doncaster MRC team for inviting us to the show with the layout.

We had a great time and it was nice to meet so many people who have been following us on here and through our social media channels. We also got a chance to talk to a few people who had been to the station whilst it was open.

We also got called young by one lady who enquired about our contraption on one of the fiddle yard roads. :D

Last of all, many thanks to those of you who stood at the barrier and watched the trains go by. Hope you enjoyed it. All we could see was a sea of faces.51651222_1173314659498570_3149546045537517568_n.jpg.18c2e7fedf425b3ccad772c279225dbc.jpg

Thanks

Simon

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Had a good day out Saturday having come up Friday and popped into Rails' new showroom just before closing time! Show was good but rammed. Much calmer after mid-afternoon. Good to see lots of kids/families. Really liked Charwelton -  loved the long distance view down to the tunnel, probably the most realistic/natural looking I've seen. Lots to buy, managed to resist a TPE 68 but they look gorgeous in OO and some competitive pricing on them. Good day out :)