Great Model Railway Challenge - "Go Forth" - (Blackadder Themed Layout)

After 5 months of being on display at Signals Models, Midsomer Norton, it was finally time to say Goodbye to our Great Model Railway Challenge Heat Layout, "Go Forth". The layout has provided us with many hours of enjoyment, both on and of set, as well as entertaining many fans of the show, who have come to visit it at  our Public Running Days. However, the time has come for us to part with the layout and find it a new home. 
In this video, I take you though the dismantling process, as we prepare the layout for it's journey to a new home.  
Full listing coming soon...
Hope you enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B95Ovi9NIjA

GMRC-Go-Forth-Farewell-Scre.gif

Edited by SDJR7F88

• 3 months later...

Spent the morning rebuilding "Go Forth" at its new home! Got to admit it's held up very well, during its storage and travels :)
The new owner is a 9 year-old, who was a massive fan of the show, and best of all, doesn't know it's now his! 
Can't wait to see the look on his face! :D
For me and the team, this is what the "Great Model Railway Challenge" was all about :)

IMG_20190514_133944.jpg

IMG_20190514_133513.jpg

IMG_20190514_133843.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Stay tuned tomorrow evening, 5:00pm for the Final Installment in the Story of our Great Model Railway Challenge Blackadder Themed Layout - "Go Forth", where the layout goes to it's New Home, and a very unsuspecting New Owner! ;) For me and the Team this is what the Great Model Railway Challenge was all about! It's certainly not to be missed!

GMRC-Go-Forth-Goes-Forth-Sc.jpg

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The final chapter in the story of our Great Model Railway Challenge - Blackadder Themed Heat Layout - "Go Forth". 
Since the show, me and the team having be trying to find a permanent home for the layout, and back in May 2019 we found one. It was decided that we would give the layout away, to an unsuspecting young fan of the show, called Tommy, and best of all he knew nothing about it! 
The layout was carefully transported to it's new home, before being rebuilt in secret. Once the rebuild was complete, Tommy's parents keep the layout under wraps, before revealing "Go Forth" after watching the Episode in which the layout featured. As you can image, Tommy's reaction on seeing the layout for the first time was priceless! 
For me and the team, this is what the "Great Model Railway Challenge" was all about, inspiring the next generation into building Model Railways. We really couldn't think of a better home for the layout!   
In this episode, we see "Go Forth" being resembled at it's new home, in complete secret, before the grand reveal! 
I would like to say a massive Thanks You to Tommy and his Parents for letting me use their footage of his reaction, and we hope the "Go Forth" will bring him many years of enjoyment! 
Hope you enjoy!

2019-06-05_17-04-23.jpg

Edited by SDJR7F88
  • Like 3

As you might of seen in our recent video of the Grand Reveal, Tommy was over the moon with the layout! Of course, he needs a proper engine to run on it, so I renumbered a second Bachmann O4 to the same ROD number we had on the show :)

IMG_20190611_125722-01.jpeg

IMG_20190611_125654-01.jpeg

IMG_20190611_130209-01.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

A quick video taking a look at the September 2019 Issue of Railway Modeller Magazine, which features a look our Great Model Railway Challenge - Blackadder Themed Layout - "Go Forth". 
Not only does the issue feature a full write-up about the layout and animations featured, but it also features small segment on the Warley Summer Open Day - YouTube Diorama Competition! 
Be sure to grab a copy!

Edited by SDJR7F88