Mansfield 2019 is Go!

RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

post-6717-0-05968000-1539952336_thumb.png

Just a quick post to announce that the 11th Annual Mansfield Model Railway Show will be on the 2nd and 3rd March 2019. I'll post details of layouts and traders soon, but so far all usual traders are on board and we have approx 13 layouts booked :)

I'll be operating Fourgig East, Keith will have St Peter's Way and David Fudger will again be setting up his extensive collection of Hornby Dublo. The big layout in the main room will be Kirkby Stephen West. More details to follow.

Oh yes, of course the Scouts will be manning the kitchen once more, there will be cake!

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

We are holding a Box File Challenge at the 2019 Show!

post-6717-0-58597100-1542797579_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Phil Parker for the use of this photo

The idea as many of you know is to build a layout or diorama into a standard office box file like you see above. It's a great way to improve your modelling skills without spending a lot of money, it's all about your imagination to create a scene in a small space. Trackwork can be anything, N, OO, narrow gauge - even O gauge has been done in the past! So come on have a go, bring your entry along to the show.

We will have prizes for adults and kids.

My Scalescenes based "Summat in a Box File" will be there - hope to see many more on show too!

Edited by RedgateModels

• RMweb Gold

Layouts confirmed so far for 2019 are:

Fourgig East- O - My humble offering

David's Dublo  - OO - David Fudger's extensive collection

St Peter's Way - OO - Keith Morris

George's Layout - OO - George will bring his layout for kids to have a go for a small donation, hopefully completely redone for 2019

Child Friendly Layout - TBA - Ian Wigglesworth (Traction of this parish) is building a new child friendly layout for 2019

Bygone Model Railways - TBA - Malcolm Hughes of the Mickleover Club wil once again be bringing his heritage displays and a working layout

Kirby Stephen West - OO - Martin Wright, our "main" layout in the lounge

Albion Estates - 1/12 scale - Bill Bateson's Estate Railway

NO PLACE - OO - Les Richardson

Westbrook - OO - Paul Butler

Duncan's Mine 2 - HO - Steve Grantham (Steve1 of this parish)

Drabford - OO - Shaun (Scooby71 of this parish)

Trackworker's Sleepy Hollow - N - Serena Brunning

Llanforen Shed - OO - Brian Hunt

I make that 14 layouts and we are pretty much full to the brim :)

Really pleased with the mix we have for 2019, a good balance of regulars and newcomers to the show too

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

George's layout is coming on apace. The proof of the pudding in the design is that last Sunday I got up to find he had set it up himself and was running trains 🙂

DSC_0545.JPG.c7799dd2fba7e2a46aa65fdf3a422a39.JPG

Centre board to lay and wire, then some details.

Stock will be DCC this year, using my old Select. This is so I can knock down the Vhigh to limit the speed that kids can run them at. One little darling wore out the axle gear on an old Hornby Pannier Tank and caused a bit of damage to a few wagons too. Hopefully parents will be more attentive this year 🙂

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Meeting last night,

we now have prizes sorted for the Boxfile Challenge - Adult winner will receive a Hornby (ex-Dapol) large prairie and the Junior prize is an R337 "pug"

Not sorted out the judges yet, will probably press the traders into forming some form of committee!

Edited by RedgateModels

On 19 October 2018 at 13:36, RedgateModels said:

post-6717-0-05968000-1539952336_thumb.png

Just a quick post to announce that the 11th Annual Mansfield Model Railway Show will be on the 2nd and 3rd March 2019. I'll post details of layouts and traders soon, but so far all usual traders are on board and we have approx 13 layouts booked :)

I'll be operating Fourgig East, Keith will have St Peter's Way and David Fudger will again be setting up his extensive collection of Hornby Dublo. The big layout in the main room will be Kirkby Stephen West. More details to follow.

Oh yes, of course the Scouts will be manning the kitchen once more, there will be cake!

...and not £4.50 for a sausage roll I hope! Oh, dear, did I just say that?

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

All being well, I will be at Mansfield with my Llanforen Shed, Nothing straight out of a box.

Here is a taster.

If you are at the show please stop and have a chat.

Brian

IMG_5127.JPG

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A very busy first day!

Lots of very interested parents, grandparents all asking questions about building a layout and lots of excited children playing trains.

Lots of food consumed, must have been a good day.

Look forward for tomorrow.

Cheers 

Ian

Edited by traction
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, traction said:

A very busy first day!

Lots of very interested parents, grandparents all asking questions about building a layout and lots of excited children playing trains.

Lots of food consumed, must have been a good day.

Look forward for tomorrow.

Cheers 

Ian

Can't even begin to thank you enough for the effort you put in to contribute to our show. You know Mansfield would not be Mansfield without you mate :)

• RMweb Gold

The layout is as ready as it can be for another mad day. 

IMG_20190303_092722.jpg.522bc17c34da79aed23b465c6b93e818.jpg

15516057915261133900629923457422.jpg.32b79a0c7e7557c7de44ff2ad889babd.jpg

Ran out of time to get all of the detailing done, will hopefully get that sorted over the next few months. 

Still the children playing enjoyed it. 

Cheers 

Ian

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1