Mansfield 2019 is Go!

RedgateModels

Thanks to Jeff and Neil for running the Duncan's Mine  yesterday as I came back from Scotland. Colin and I are on duty today. 

Enjoying the show and ended up spending more than I expected!

If you're in the area then come along. You'll regret it if you don't!

steve

IMG_1722.JPG

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Well, that was a really good show. Numbers were up on the last two years, 521 through the door for the weekend, second highest ever 

I really must thank the layout owners for providing a great selection of high quality and varied layouts and the scouts for their sterling work serving food to the masses. Indeed they sold out of two day's worth of food on the Saturday alone :)

Roll on Mansfield 2020 - March 7th & 8th

• Like 8

I really enjoyed the event, there were some fantastic models and of course lots of stalls to hunt for bargains and unusual items. I managed to purchase some good books too, which I had to smuggle past the BOSS when I got back home.

thank you, looking forward for next year.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

On 21/11/2018 at 20:21, Les1952 said:

post-13358-0-25030000-1542831601_thumb.jpg

post-13358-0-53482300-1542831573_thumb.jpg

For the one person who may not have been bored to tears with the NO PLACE thread, this is what is being inflicted on you....

Les

I really liked this layout it was packed with details. One thing that I was asking myself, why were there all those monks around the engine shed? Was it an outing for them? 

FF2A6FBD-78E2-4417-BA19-18170BAE5194.jpeg

Edited by RJL

As always I think this layout is fantastic. Plenty of length to run prototypical trains, I could stand there for ages.          ( and I did) watching the trains go by. They could do with putting a smoke generator in that Fell that is always stuck in the head Shunt!

7D5A36A9-FF1A-4848-9BEE-09B87E7AF0DA.jpeg

A77D3D95-ACEA-4F14-9012-27E1A2739F17.jpeg

Edited by RJL
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RJL said:

I really liked this layout it was packed with details. One thing that I was asking myself, why were there all those monks around the engine shed? Was it an outing for them? 

FF2A6FBD-78E2-4417-BA19-18170BAE5194.jpeg

There is a seminary not all that far away.  Why so many?  Preiser do them in a pack of six, three sober, one walking and two getting very drunk.  Made sense at the time to use them all and make a cameo of the two drunk monks at the front- with the walking one disappearing behind the bike sheds looking to relieve himself....   I did go trainspotting with two guys from the seminary when I was at college so priests and monks aren't that way out as far as railways are concerned.

No Place now has si extra drop wires to the power bus to sort out one or two slight issues we had operationally- allowing locos in the screens yard to come closer to the exit points, and keeping the shed roads powered all the time for the sound-fitted locos to sit there sizzling between duties- I had no sound-fitted locos when the shed was originally wired so feeding power only through the points seemed not to matter.

Pleasant show, low stress.  The team and I enjoyed it.  Hopefully you'll have us back with Hawthorn Dene next year.

Les

• Like 1