Planned Bachmann Branchline release schedule published 19 October 2018

lindi

BAA looks good,

Yes, they are a nice Wagon. Like I said above, would have liked alternative ends but never mind.

Had a go myself at creating Railfreight Red & Black BAA’s with different ends. post-33480-0-21902400-1542755218_thumb.jpeg

Renunbered 900172.

Repainted from Grey into Railfreight Red using Ford Carnival Red rattle can. Seen it said that Carnival Red is close to Railfreight Red. I’m not too sure. It’s a bit too orange for my liking so once some Railmatch paint is acquired, it will be changed. Once that’s done I will be happy with it.

post-33480-0-66191200-1542755632_thumb.jpeg

Renunbered 900117

Cut the middle girder and cross sections out to create this. Very quick and simple to do. Looks good.

Edited by 66738

• RMweb Premium

whats happened to 85040 ? i see its not on the list and it didnt arrive with the latest shipment...

One of the models showing on the Availability page of the Bachmann website as TBA. Incidentally, the website has recently been updated/improved as it now has a list of recent releases in a column on the right. Presumably still a work in progress as it only shows Branchline at present, even when on the webpages dedicated to the other brands.

Were you on the March then Phil?.........The exchange rate since the vote has had an impact on the price of most of the models coming out, but Bachmann need to be careful not to kill volume sales. How many people are going to buy a full length train at £60 a couch/ wagon??.....Some of the recent Steam releases are nearly the price of Dapols O gauge tanks/shunters and as i found recently new oo shunters are around the £130 mark!!....I think the pricing of both O and OO needs to stop roaring towards their respective glass ceiling prices or they will kill off casual purchasers.

B     

You won't be seeing them at that price again me thinks, saw one shop selling them (Dapol 08) for £299.99!

• RMweb Gold

Were you on the March then Phil?.........The exchange rate since the vote has had an impact on the price of most of the models coming out, but Bachmann need to be careful not to kill volume sales. How many people are going to buy a full length train at £60 a couch/ wagon??.....Some of the recent Steam releases are nearly the price of Dapols O gauge tanks/shunters and as i found recently new oo shunters are around the £130 mark!!....I think the pricing of both O and OO needs to stop roaring towards their respective glass ceiling prices or they will kill off casual purchasers.

B     

I started cutting back radically on "casual" and "impulse" purchases three years ago, to ensure I have funds available for the models that really matter to me. This isn't solely due to rising prices, as a "mature" buyer with defined areas of interest that have been pretty well-catered-for in recent times, there's simply less new stuff that "floats my boat".

I've also admitted to myself that I already own three or four times more models than I'll ever use regularly. Overall, I'd say my annual purchases by volume have gone down (on average) by almost a third and by value by about 5%.  Conversations with others suggest I am by no means alone in this.

Fortunately "full length" for me no longer exceeds five or six coaches and I suspect we'll see a growing emphasis on new models that, like the Birdcages, ran in short formations.

As for "volume" sales, the price needs to be what it needs to be in order to keep the parent company happy and co-operative. Run sizes will undoubtedly be adjusted downward so that supply matches what the market will absorb at or close to list price. That produces the target return within the target timescale.

Remaindering of slow sellers at levels that generate little or no profit once the cost of storing the stuff for a year or more is taken into account has no upside for any producer and such clearances can adversely affect the demand for, and returns generated by, subsequent releases, potentially leading to fewer new models being produced. .

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

• RMweb Gold

I've just had a trawl through both Bachmann's and Hornby's online catalogue for steam locos, which I do every few weeks to keep an eye on any developments, and due to a paucity of creative imagination, to kill the time...  I notice that B are no longer indicating any form of state of availability or future availability for items in this list.  Some locos do not have prices, and I assume this means that they are very far back up the pipeline and nobody has any real idea of when or if they will actually appear, but no other information is available at all. 

This means that there is no way of telling if a model listed here with a price is currently in production or available.  One may or may not infer this status from the fact that no photograph of the model is shown, only prototype photos; and the fact you haven't seen one in the shops, reviewed in a magazine, or at a show.  It is therefore not exactly clear to me what is being listed here, and I assume the same conditions apply to the rest of the range as well.  

I have to say I find this a bit irritating.  If I decide to buy an item, I would prefer not to waste too much time finding out if it is available, which may well mean my missing an opportunity to purchase second hand (of course, I know B don't want me to do that if there's a chance that I might shell out for a new one in a couple of year's time).  It has a feel of manipulation, of trying to persuade me to commit to a new model not yet available, and for the time being unless this situation changes I will only be buying Bachmann items that I know are actually available, i.e. those in shops or advertised secondhand.

Kader are not going to lose any sleep on my behalf over this; future plans are for no more than 2 new locomotives from them and to be honest one of these will probably be sourced secondhand.  I'm not the sort of customer who has any affect on their margins.  But I am becoming impatient with what I perceive as this company's continued dismissive attitude to it's customer's reasonable concerns and need for reliable information, which seems to be increasingly obscured in spin and in smoke and mirrors.  

Hornby do a little better, indicating at least that items are available to 'pre-order' if they are not currently hitting the market, and listing those 'out of stock' or 'sold out'; I am not sure what the difference is between these two are; both categories mean you can't have one!  But at least you can gain some idea of what items can be purchased at the current time.  I would have thought that basic good business practice is to ensure that potential customers are at least informed as to what you are selling and how much for, and I'd say that Hornby are out-performing Bachmann very considerably in this respect!

• RMweb Premium

listing those 'out of stock' or 'sold out'; I am not sure what the difference is between these two are; both categories mean you can't have one!

I think one means that Hornby’s online shop has sold out its allocation but it is still available in the warehouse for retailers to order, and the other means both the online store and warehouse has sold out. But I can’t remember which is which.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am sure some of you are aware already but incase some people have missed it, all the following are expected in stock on January.

I have copied and pasted from our site as it saved me ton of time

32-002A.jpg?preset=large-thumb Hall Class 4971 Stanway Hall BR Black E/Emblem 32-002A
  •  

Expected: January 2019

Buy now - £140.21 RRP: £164.95
32-007.jpg?preset=large-thumb Hall Class 4920 Dumbleton Hall GWR Green Locomotive 32-007
  •  

Buy now - £135.96 RRP: £159.95
32-122.jpg?preset=large-thumb Class 08 834 BR Railfreight Triple Grey Diesel Shunter Locomotive 32-122
  •  

Buy now - £106.21 RRP: £124.95
32-763A.jpg?preset=large-thumb Class 57/3 57302 'Chad Varah' DRS Compass Blue - Weathered Diesel Locomotive 32-763A
  •  

Buy now - £152.96 RRP: £179.95
32-764A.jpg?preset=large-thumb Class 57/3 No. 57312 'Solway Princess' Northern Belle 32-764A
  •  

Buy now - £144.46 RRP: £169.95
33-435C.jpg?preset=large-thumb 51 Tonne SSA Scrap Wagon 'SR' Blue & Grey Weathered 33-435C

Buy now - £21.21 RRP: £24.95
33-857B.jpg?preset=large-thumb 30 Ton Bogie Bolster Wagon LMS Grey 33-857B

Buy now - £19.51 RRP: £22.95
33-858.jpg?preset=large-thumb 30 Ton Bogie Bolster Wagon BR Bauxite Weathered  33-858

37-990.JPG?preset=large-thumb Conflat with BA Standard Container 'Speedfreight' 37-990

Buy now - £0.00
37-991.JPG?preset=large-thumb Conflat with BA Vented Container 'Speedfreight' 37-991

Buy now - £0.00
38-054.jpg?preset=large-thumb 31 Tonne OCA Dropside Open Wagon Railfreight Distribution 38-054

Buy now - £19.51 RRP: £22.95
38-056B.jpg?preset=large-thumb 31 Tonne OCA Dropside Open Wagon Railfreight Red - Weathered 38-056B

38-061A.jpg?preset=large-thumb 45 Tonne glw MEA Open Box Wagon Mainline Blue - Weathered 38-061A

Buy now - £20.36 RRP: £23.95
38-063B.jpg?preset=large-thumb 45 Tonne glw MEA Open Box Wagon BR Coal Sector - Weathered 38-063B

Buy now - £20.36 RRP: £23.95
38-111B.jpg?preset=large-thumb 100 Ton TEA Bogie Tank Wagon 'BP'  38-111B

Buy now - £37.36 RRP: £43.95
38-220b.jpg?preset=large-thumb 100 Ton TEA Bogie Tank Wagon BP Crude Oil Heavily Weathered 38-220B

Buy now - £39.06 RRP: £45.95
39-550.jpg?preset=large-thumb BR Mk 1 CCT BR Maroon 39-550

Buy now - TBA
39-551.jpg?preset=large-thumb BR Mk 1 CCT BR Blue - Weathered 39-551

Buy now - TBA
39-556.jpg?preset=large-thumb BR Mk 1 CCT Van Tartan Arrow 39-556

Buy now - TBA