Peco PL-13

David Pell

Hi all, I’m after some advice please. I’m building my first ever layout and am using DCC as the control but the turnout motors are analog through a CDU. I’m using PL-10e motors with peco passing contact switches PL-26 and will have a mimic panel fed from peco PL-13 switch through a resistor to LED lights.

My question is, to improve reliability of running over the turnouts I’ve read that minor adaptation to the Peco electrfrogs is useful as per the turnout packaging. Can I feed this into the connections on the PL-13 switch or do I have to get PL-15 switches.

Many thanks

• RMweb Premium

Hi all, I’m after some advice please. I’m building my first ever layout and am using DCC as the control but the turnout motors are analog through a CDU. I’m using PL-10e motors with peco passing contact switches PL-26 and will have a mimic panel fed from peco PL-13 switch through a resistor to LED lights.

My question is, to improve reliability of running over the turnouts I’ve read that minor adaptation to the Peco electrfrogs is useful as per the turnout packaging. Can I feed this into the connections on the PL-13 switch or do I have to get PL-15 switches.

Many thanks

Hi David,

Have a look at this website, it may help answer some of your questions. https://www.brian-lambert.co.uk/DCC.html

A short way down the page is where you need to look.

HTH

Rob

• RMweb Gold

If you require two switches (ie one for LED indicators and one for frog polarity switching) then the simplest, and cheapest solution is to use the Gaugemaster GM500. This is a relay-based switch that is operated together with the turnout, with the advantage that it is not  mechanically linked. It has the two changeover switches that you need. 

You do however have to modify the points to isolate the frog if you use this method, details of which are in the reference on the previous post.