Gare de Brindille

Gilbert

• RMweb Gold

Some superb modelling of a grim subject.

Appreciated. The research has given me a much better knowledge of the whole business not just the trains. I don't think anyone from our generation can conceive of what it must have been like.

• RMweb Gold

The straw-load and tarpaulin is one of the most pleasing bits of modelling I've seen.

Andy - Praise indeed - does that count as a handshake!?

But seriously - thanks it took a bit of working out and still needs a bit of tweaking!

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Tremendous bit of modelling.

This does the subject proud.

Top drawer stuff and looking forward to seeing it at Yate.

Rob.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

You're very kind but I fear I've fooled  you - its really quite a bodge (just carefully photographed) and entirely inaccurate - getting the gun over the brake wheel stand would be a challenge and the F wagon is not quite correct dimensionally but little did I know when I bought it....not so much 3 feet as 3 metres recommended distance for viewing!

On the upside I have learnt how to bend Plastruct girders....and I now have the correct drawings for the framework purpose made to fit on two bogies....I'll be using the very nice versions made by Slaters.

Chris

• 1 month later...
On 04/02/2019 at 08:06, Gilbert said:

You're very kind but I fear I've fooled  you - its really quite a bodge (just carefully photographed) and entirely inaccurate - getting the gun over the brake wheel stand would be a challenge and the F wagon is not quite correct dimensionally but little did I know when I bought it....not so much 3 feet as 3 metres recommended distance for viewing!

On the upside I have learnt how to bend Plastruct girders....and I now have the correct drawings for the framework purpose made to fit on two bogies....I'll be using the very nice versions made by Slaters.

Chris

Chris, you're too modest if I could bodge like you I would be a very happy man! Whilst some aspects might not be 100% prototypical, the overall picture the layout paints is superb and that is the important thing!

Hope the upcoming show goes well.

David 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 04/02/2019 at 08:06, Gilbert said:

Chris

Might the brake standard be removable? The drawing I have for the Warflats that came from BOAR to the UK a few years ago showed a chain-dotted brake standard in the middle of one end. They must have been removable, as they weren't evident on the wagons.

• RMweb Gold

Certainly the replica Gun Carrier at Apedale only had a brakestand on one bogie - which is the way I've built mine. Whether it was built that way or it was removed on the originalversion I don't know. I'm sure I've also seem drawings with a low brakewheel side-on below the top of the bogie....in reality I'm sure there were all sorts of local adaptations.

Chris

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 12:43, Gilbert said:

Gare de Brindille has an article in the current Continental Modeller.

Bonnet de douche,  Gilbers, bonnet de douche. 

Rob.