Bonsai RhB in Nm9

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

This one is very narrow because it has to fit my limited space. The endplate is 150mm wide, the principles behind it are the same as for the Freem009 standard on here. There isn’t one for this as I haven’t decided on the scenery ends yet ;)

• Like 2

This looks great! and Alp Grum would be good candidate.. not to mention a landwasser module:D

I really like modular idea and that fact I could swap in and out. I am pondering a couple of ideas for Nm9 and have some ideas for how I mount them to my wall. I think this might need a separate thread?

• RMweb Gold

Yep I’ll probably add to this when I do mine as this was the tester for it. I’ve ordered a few laser cut ends so I’m going to start Bonsai Rhätia as a first test ;) prob early next year as I want to finish the HOn30 next, well move it on a bit ;)

• RMweb Premium

I saw this lovely layout 'Fichtelbergbahn' at an N gauge show at Redhill. The unit has been re-gauged to run on Z track as metre gauge. The layout is actually an accurate portrayal of an East German line, with the correct gradients and definitely not straight.

post-11458-0-88177000-1541500234_thumb.jpg

post-11458-0-08410200-1541500247_thumb.jpg

post-11458-0-41983600-1541500257_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ian Morgan
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Ian, yes I’d like to regauge it but the cost of buying them done is too much and I don’t have the tools to modify them easily so I’ve decided to compromise and go for operation in Nm9. The Om however is finescale :)

I’m still mulling over gradients as it introduces a complication of a modular setup unless I set 2 or 3 heights and have spiral or similar boards to join them.

Edited by PaulRhB

I saw this lovely layout 'Fichtelbergbahn' at an N gauge show at Redhill. The unit has been re-gauged to run on Z track as metre gauge. The layout is actually an accurate portrayal of an East German line, with the correct gradients and definitely not straight.

That looks nice Ian. I do have “some” Swiss z scale locos but don’t think I would have the courage to butcher them. But I’m happy to accept the infidelity.

Edited by backofanenvelope

• RMweb Gold

The Kato stuff will go round 150mm radius as on this micro. The coaches look a bit odd but run fine. For a better look, where the punters don’t find a sudden 8ft gap on curves then 250mm plus looks better. Like you though this is just a bit of fun and I was testing ideas.