CIE 42 ft Liner Flat Pre-orders begin this weekend

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We are opening the order books on our first items of our 42ft project this weekend; the B&I, Bell and CIE Liners. And before you ask; yes, it was due to be the ferts first, but the ferts are undergoing some vigorous fettling which as you may have noticed, has delayed the whole project somewhat. So, while we get that sorted out (and we nearly have it sorted) we have swapped the container liners into first position as they are more advanced. 

We are doing two packs of two wagons with Bell containers, two packs of two wagons with B&I containers., and one twin pack with two wagons each featuring two 20ft CIE containers. Phew! The B&I and Bell containers are of course the C Rail intermodal containers, which are excellent in both finish and fidelity, while the CIE 20ft containers are new tooling from ourselves. We're delighted to say that we will have pre-production samples of both C Rail container liveries on our stand at Raheny this weekend for you to see. While Bell containers have been done before, they have not been done on this pattern of container, which is earlier than other C Rail Bell containers giving them an operating spehere of 70s-90s. They are also new numbers unique to us. The B&I containers have never been done before, and of course the CIE containers are uniquely Irish and all new tooling. 

Cost per pack is €100, with a rake deal in place for CIE, Bell and B&I trains of four packs for €375. Delivery is Q1 2019. Since the production numbers of these is quite small, (half the size of other production runs like bubbles and smaller than the taras) they will sell out pretty fast. So, dont miss out on them. They will be available to pre-order from our stand and online from Saturday morning at 11am.

As mentioned elsewhere, we will also have a new product announcement (Well, two actually!) on our stand at Raheny, so make sure you drop by and have a look!

Cheers,

Fran

post-7114-0-15805700-1540377115_thumb.png

post-7114-0-11141000-1540377148_thumb.png

post-7114-0-29399600-1540377207_thumb.png

post-7114-0-93304400-1540377374_thumb.png

post-7114-0-31313500-1540377395_thumb.png

• Like 3

A question, what time frame does the livery for the container wagons themselves cover? (As I've no interest in the actual containers, as they belong to a period prior to the time frame that I've chosen to model).

Also, are there likely to be any further releases with later period containers or the flats just on their own?

Cheers, Mike C

• RMweb Gold

A question, what time frame does the livery for the container wagons themselves cover? (As I've no interest in the actual containers, as they belong to a period prior to the time frame that I've chosen to model).

Also, are there likely to be any further releases with later period containers or the flats just on their own?

Cheers, Mike C

Hi Mike,

They cover the 80s - mid 90s period for Bell, and early 90s for B&I. We may do later containers and bare flats at a later date due to demand. The wagons themselves are still in limited use for container duty today, but it tends to be more 47ft flats to cater for 45ft containers. The flats themselves can be easily renumbered as the livery has been the same throughout their lives.

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by 071

• RMweb Gold

Well yipee!! bang goes more cash, thanks lads !! 

Hopefully Saturday I will up an order for 4 Bells - both packs.  hopefully containers will be available to fill my 3D print wagons and back of layout in time ..

looking forward of course to the A for haulage but you all know that - I am working on a resin version to ensure its appearance.

Robert :jester:  

Would be prototypically seen in the UK?

Regardless of the wagons, I'd be interested in some of the containers only, to add to my freight depot. Nicely weathered they would be a nice addition. Will you be making them available as separate purchases?

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Would be prototypically seen in the UK?

Regardless of the wagons, I'd be interested in some of the containers only, to add to my freight depot. Nicely weathered they would be a nice addition. Will you be making them available as separate purchases?

Hi Damo,

Apologies, missed this query! I know CRail had done the Bell containers on their own in the past. Our CIE 20ft containers will be available as separate items, but I dont think they left the country. Might be wrong.

Cheers,

Fran

Cheer

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi 

Well to bump a bit . Tara froth subsiding - a great model and well deserving of the adoration how goes work on the more mundane but prolific 42 flats ?  sneaking along the inside rail and about to ...... well overtake the A ?   The Fert has I guess been also kept afloat upon the high sea of project froth - still mulling over working doors?

Keep up the work but do keep time back for refreshments as the season of jollity takes over!

Robert   

• RMweb Gold

Hi 

Well to bump a bit . Tara froth subsiding - a great model and well deserving of the adoration how goes work on the more mundane but prolific 42 flats ?  sneaking along the inside rail and about to ...... well overtake the A ?   The Fert has I guess been also kept afloat upon the high sea of project froth - still mulling over working doors?

Keep up the work but do keep time back for refreshments as the season of jollity takes over!

Robert   

Hi Robert,

42 project is in tooling and we should have our Liners here by March/April 2019, with Fert to follow them, then Guinness liner, spoils and weedsprayer throughout 2019. So lots on the way and all will land before the A!

Cheers,

Fran

• 2 months later...
On 06/11/2018 at 14:07, 071 said:

Hi Damo,

Apologies, missed this query! I know CRail had done the Bell containers on their own in the past. Our CIE 20ft containers will be available as separate items, but I dont think they left the country. Might be wrong.

Cheers,

Fran

Cheer

Hi Fran,

An timeframe on when the CIE 20ft containers will be available separately?

Thanks

D

28 minutes ago, 071 said:

Hi Damo,

They will arrive when the liners arrive in a couple of months time.

Cheers!

Fran

Thanks Fran,

Just curious, as I was hoping to order / preorder a few on your website and couldn't see how to do this. Is this possible?

D

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, Damo666 said:

Thanks Fran,

Just curious, as I was hoping to order / preorder a few on your website and couldn't see how to do this. Is this possible?

D

We haven’t put the container themselves on pre-order yet, but will when they are close to delivery.

Cheers!

Fran

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've recently received my "bundle" of container flats with containers and am very pleased with them.

Two questions;

a) Are the containers available separately? I would like to have some sitting on the ground and perhaps one on a road vehicle.

b) Is there a suitable rail vehicle to represent the type CIE used to carry just one of the 20ft containers?

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

I've recently received my "bundle" of container flats with containers and am very pleased with them.

Two questions;

a) Are the containers available separately? I would like to have some sitting on the ground and perhaps one on a road vehicle.

b) Is there a suitable rail vehicle to represent the type CIE used to carry just one of the 20ft containers?

Hi Colin,

Many thanks! C Rail intermodal produced the 40fts for us and have quite the extensive range on offer. As for the 20ft CIE container we will have them available in 2020 as separate items. Prices TBC.

I’m not sure about a suitable truck being available, something from Oxford diecast could be repurposed?

merry Christmas!

Fran

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Robert Shrives said:

Colin,

Yes 20 foot flats as a kit from Provincal Wagons CIE 27xxx wagon  mine were £20 a couple of years ago. 

http://www.provincialwagons.com/cie-wagons/

A great almost one piece kit.

Robert  

Thanks Robert

That's a very interesting site which I  will study more after the holidays.

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Colin,

Many thanks! C Rail intermodal produced the 40fts for us and have quite the extensive range on offer. As for the 20ft CIE container we will have them available in 2020 as separate items. Prices TBC.

I’m not sure about a suitable truck being available, something from Oxford diecast could be repurposed?

merry Christmas!

Fran

Thanks Fran

I will follow up with C rail and look forward to your 20ft containers in the new year.

Merry Christmas.

Colin

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/12/2019 at 09:40, Colin_McLeod said:

Two questions;

Hi Colin

I too have recently received the lovely IRM 42ft with BELL 40ft loads. In the past I collected 20ft BELLs and run them on these 20ft skeletal 3D container flat chasss kits from IFM. 20ft BELLs were part of my child hood memories as they were prominent in Waterford and were just beginning to make an impact on pick up goods traffic which had been manually handled and carried almost exclusively on CIE H-Vans and CIE Bulleid open wagons. Being 3D they are a little on the light side but run well on our layout especially with the containers atop. I fitted mine with Kadees

Noel

Kadee18_IFM_20ft_flats.jpg

IMG_2977.jpg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• 4 months later...