BEXLEYHEATH SHOW 2nd Dec

Selkent

Large show now in its 3rd year with lots of trade support and first outing for the impressive ADAPTUS 24ft 0 gauge from Southwark MRC and the show is run by Selkent Model Rail Group who are always looking out for people to join us (Have you heard about our monthly drinkies nights)

Discounts on pre booked tickets and early entry to the show see www.modelrailwayexhibition.com

BEXLEYHEATH MODEL RAIL SHOW
Sun 2nd Dec

Selkent Model Railway Group

BEXLEYHEATH ACADEMY
Graham Road Entrance
Bexleyheath
Kent
DA6 7EG

Situated directly behind ASDA in Bexleyheath Town Centre

layouts all gauges from 'Z' to 'O'
Host of Traders
Club Stands
Full Wheelchair Access
Café
Buses from Woolwich, Bluewater, Dartford, Bexleyheath, Plumstead, Bromley, Eltham, Blackheath, Sidcup & Greenwich stop 100 yards away at Bexleyheath centre bus terminus & Bexleyheath BR station is a 10 mins walk

Tickets 
Adults £6  (£4.95 if pre booked)
Child/ over 65  £5   (£3.95 if pre booked)
Family  £15   (£12 if pre booked)

Pre booked ticket holders get entry 15 mins before the offical start time of 10am

purchase tickets here  www.modelrailwatexhibition.com

Layouts Include

DOVER TRAIN FERRY 1966 (N) 9ft
ADAPTUS MACHANICUS (First Show) (0) 24ft
KINGS NORTH (N)
KONIGSHAFEN (H0)
NEWBERRY ROAD (00)
SUTTON PARK
CECILY BRIDGE (00)
MEDWAY QUAY (0) 16ft
POVOLIVA (Russian HO)
LOCO GRAVEYARD (00) 8ft
RHEILFFORDGULNESAFIRHABWRYNYPENTREFGYDARENWHIRAFARMODELARDDANGOSFA (009)
(Narrow railway next to harbour in welsh village with longest name for a exhibition model)
DOGSFRIOG (N)
TRAIN TO PLANE (Z)
HARRINGTON WHALF (00)
CARROW LANE (N)
BATCOMBE (featured in Hornby Magazine) (00) 17ft x7ft
ROSS CROSSING (first show HO)
LAMBOURNE (00)
TITANIC 8ft
NOUVIAN, LE QUINZE (G)
WINDMILL HILL (00) Have a Go! 8ft x 6ft
SMALL & WORKING (N)
TOOT N' COME (009)
ROYSTON WHALF
PICKET LANE (00)

Traders include
INVICTA Model Rail
KENT GARDEN RAIL
PETER HOLLANDS
RONEO MODELS
MODELS U DRIVE
HARRISON BROWN
SOUTHWARK MRC PreLoved
ALLWHEELS
CLASS 47 PROJECT
SELKENT MRC
00 Gauge Assoc
RAIL RUSSIA HOLIDAYS
ABC MODELS
FALCONWOOD TRANSPORT BOOKS
MIKE PETT
ANDY LYNCH MODELS
GB MODELS
Edited by Selkent

Free entry ticket for the first person who can answer  these three questions regarding one of the exhibition layouts at this years Bexleyheath show 'Dover Train Ferry 1966' from the piccys of the layout

What is the name given to the unsual wagon placed between the French coaches and the loco and what was its purpose?

What is the name of the Hotel?

put answers below

Good luck

post-29624-0-60379400-1540461253.jpg

post-29624-0-40541800-1540461260.jpg

post-29624-0-71035200-1540461267.jpg

post-29624-0-60379400-1540461253.jpg

post-29624-0-40541800-1540461260.jpg

post-29624-0-71035200-1540461267.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Extra trader GB Models added to the list - static grass experts.   If our carpark is full when you arrive, there is 2 hour free parking at Asda next door.    BR trains are also running a good service to Bexleyheath station which is 15 min walk away or 5 min bus ride.  Please remember there are excellent bus connections direct to central Bexleyheath (Asda Stop). 

Please use the postcode for the Graham Road entrance which is behind ASDA,  once in our car park, we are situated at the far end in two big halls, past GOALS.

Edited by Selkent

Well done everyone who came and exhibited and traded.  Total adults through the door was 710 plus lots of kids so we gotta be near the 900 persons altogether  which was great to see and kept 'Small and Working',  Windmill Hill and 'A Load of Balls' busy all day with the kids. Our two catering girls sold our our entire stock of 150 hotdogs, so they were kept busy also, Thank you also for the two small layouts donated, one already is earmarked to go out today to primary school once we re-DCC it and get a controller and buying a small seconhand N gauge loco and coaches for it.  Speaking of which will have a interesting week on ebay  picking up as many secondhand controllers as possible, our waiting list for roundy layouts will be getting a nice surprise from Santa this xmas, well hope to have bult at least three by the weekend to go out and more next week.  Great also to pick up some new members and also one of our exhibitors wants to come on board so means we can do  more visits.

A few cock up's like one layout not working as ABC models forgot to pack their controller and the moment I took a representive for the 'Men In Sheds' charity to see the debut and impressive 'Cecily Road' as soon as I said, 'This is one amazing layout with all the sounds and lights' The power failed on it. Lucky I managed to redeem myself my telling him 'Actually this is sH'T'.   so I saved face, lucky it was a simply points outage and Steph soon had it up and running again a minute later much to everyones amusment.   By the way it was the one he liked most along with the O gauge 'Allo Allo' themed one with Rene at his Cafe.  Steve Rogers setting up the 24ft Adapatus the wrong way the night before so it faced it's own club secondhand stand instead of the public, lucky I spotted this early or that would have been weird but also very funny the next day when we opened. 

Easy show to run with just the four of us, Larissa and Emma on catering and Shannon and I on the door with everyone setting up and striking their layouts on time and me at the end of the day, pretending to panic, telling exhibitors that the man with the Titanic exhibition has just crashed his car in the car park, then the look of concern on their faces until I told them, he has just hit a iceburg.   I think Colin from the 00 gauge Assc fell for the same joke twice.

Planning now for next year and also our summer show in Sevenpoaks.