IRM To Produce CIE A/001 Class Locomotive

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

Courtmacsherry 1958

Courtmacsherry C232 1958 img249

That's actually the A's baby brother - a C Class Bo-Bo. :)

Fairly certain no A Class locos ventured onto the Courtmacsherry line; it would have been overkill for the level of traffic on the branch!

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

I'm no overseas modeller by any means, but that boxed silver A1 does indeed look fantastic! 

And this to me looks like how rotating axleboxes should be done...  (if anyone else is looking...) *cough*  :rolleyes:

Awesome stuff!  :)

6 (7).jpg

Best

Al

Edited by YesTor
  • Like 1

I love these Irish models, but there's only so far Rule 1 will stretch. and I'm already stretching things somewhat with my interpretation of 4' 8 1/2" without moving to Irish gauge.

But it's good to see the Irish scene so much better represented by RTR models than it ever used to be.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I love these Irish models, but there's only so far Rule 1 will stretch. and I'm already stretching things somewhat with my interpretation of 4' 8 1/2" without moving to Irish gauge.

But it's good to see the Irish scene so much better represented by RTR models than it ever used to be.

Well I was born on St Patricks, so it feels fitting. 

• Funny 1

19 hours ago, Patrick said:

That's actually the A's baby brother - a C Class Bo-Bo. :)

Fairly certain no A Class locos ventured onto the Courtmacsherry line; it would have been overkill for the level of traffic on the branch!

Ah right sorry. If only there was a clue that it was actually a C Class....

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

21mm track perhaps :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Is that the Irish for EM or is it their P4?

P4:   5'3" at 4mm to the foot = 21mm

Whether one uses P4 standards for flangeways etc or simply just widens the gauge to 21mm is a personal choice.  AFAIK IRM models will accommodate 21mm wheel sets.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, RozM said:

Thanks! Always find this league table very interesting. Will you be doing an up to date Deltic league table soon, as I am still deciding on another Deltic to order? 

it’s on the list :)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

1175938544_11_08.2021-aclasstransitmap.jpg.6e422e0f418546c52b69cc8202a428ec.jpg

Hi everyone,

Great News! Our A Classes are now well into their journey from the factory towards our warehouse for final delivery. With the numerous issues around shipping in recent months we felt it was fitting to deliver our first locomotive by rail.

The locos are currently travelling the 7.500 mile rail journey across China, Russia and Europe where they will then transfer to ship for the final leg to Ireland. They will land with us in the first week of September and arrive with modellers in mid September, smooth travelling permitting!

With four running numbers already sold out on pre-order and others not far behind they are not going to hang around too long. Order yours today: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/a-class-locomotive 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 4