IRM To Produce CIE A/001 Class Locomotive

4 hours ago, McC said:

Funnily enough it's only been launched exactly 36 months ago on the 27th of this month :)

Yes understand that, but it's been 7 years since I was told a proper RTR Irish A class was on the cards. Back then I was about to buy 6 SF A classes and a friend of a friend told me to hang on as a proper A class was coming. So a seven year dream for me to get these epic locos. I understood the genesis of the plan to one day produce an A class model was born 7 years ago. Epic achievement by all concerned, the culmination of a dream I'm sure for your team. Congrats to all.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, NoelG said:

Yes understand that, but it's been 7 years since I was told a proper RTR Irish A class was on the cards. Back then I was about to buy 6 SF A classes and a friend of a friend told me to hang on as a proper A class was coming. So a seven year dream for me to get these epic locos. I understood the genesis of the plan to one day produce an A class model was born 7 years ago. Epic achievement by all concerned, the culmination of a dream I'm sure for your team. Congrats to all.

Seven years would pre-date the establishment of IRM and any decision to embark on the A Class project, so I think someone had their wires crossed?

Still, we'll happily take those plaudits... :) 

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

IRM/Accurascale's first loco. What "A Class" delivery! 

1284281357_AClasscontainer.jpg.63f6b6da6362f491b8316cf615f1a738.jpg

An exciting time for us all :) 

Cheers!

Fran 

On the right, the bodies, on the left the chassis, in the middle the bag of extra details bits.  

Get building boys

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Photo from earlier this morning of all the pallets in the warehouse. Now we are breaking them down, sorting the cartons into bays and QC checks will commence tomorrow. Shipping will begin from Wednesday onwards, all going well.

20211004_150401.jpg.8b52a81a61e138e031cdebb88d1ce943.jpg

Exciting times!

Cheers,

Fran 

• Like 12
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Great news! Our A Class is now officially in stock! Orders will be picked from today and dispatch will commence this afternoon. With almost 2,000 orders to get through it will take several days (most likely a week) to get through every pre-order, so your patience is appreciated during this process. 

Due to order changes and cancellations, we are able to offer previously sold out for sale once again. As you will see on the website though, numbers are very limited. So, act fast if you want them! https://irishrailwaymodels.co.uk/collections/locomotives 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 2

8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Great news! Our A Class is now officially in stock! Orders will be picked from today and dispatch will commence this afternoon. With almost 2,000 orders to get through it will take several days (most likely a week) to get through every pre-order, so your patience is appreciated during this process. 

Due to order changes and cancellations, we are able to offer previously sold out for sale once again. As you will see on the website though, numbers are very limited. So, act fast if you want them! https://irishrailwaymodels.co.uk/collections/locomotives 

Cheers!

Fran 

I imagine it is a very exciting time for you guys, simply because it is the very essence of IRM, of which Accurascale was presumably born. The problem for some of us folk is we cannot have everything.  My one and only trip to Ireland was a railtour from Dublin via Mullingar to Limerick with a pair of 121s, then an A class from Limerick vie Ennis and Athenry, via Portarlington to Dublin, then extended to Dun Loaghaire due to late running.  I spent a lot of time in the front vestibule and that A class never missed a beat. Happy memories but sadly cannot justify buying one in the immediate future. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators

Glad they're appearing in the wild now. When I did the review for the mag I only had space to hang 23 Mk1 coaches behind it; anyone fancy taking up the challenge to beat that? Photo/video evidence required of course and a bonus point if you see how many you can get it to move on speed step 1 of 126 on DCC.

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

On 01/10/2021 at 16:54, Patrick said:

Seven years would pre-date the establishment of IRM and any decision to embark on the A Class project, so I think someone had their wires crossed?

Still, we'll happily take those plaudits... :) 

About that long ago I was also told a "A" was on it's way, via Heljan as far as I remember...

Luke

• Funny 1

Had my A class  ( No 054 ) which arrived yesterday afternoon running on my layout this morning, all i can say is WOW ! to say i am delighted with it would be an understatement the sound is superb, well done everybody involved for producing such a wonderful model,  this afternoon i will be composing a letter to that fat bloke dressed in red with the white beard demanding he brings another A class for me on Christmas day.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1