IRM To Produce CIE A/001 Class Locomotive

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Careful here,all these comments will sell out the 92,Deltic,37 and Manor, then what will we buy,its been weeks since they announced anything

Lol, only 2 weeks since the Chaldrons! Sounds like you hope for weekly announcements ^_^

Roy

• Like 4

A big, and I do mean big, green box was waiting for me when I got home. Accurascale really doesn’t mess around with packing, the model is centred in this really dense black foam with a sturdy plastic ice cube gripping it. Yet nothing feels too stiff or  hard to get at, the model itself is in a word, solid. I mean that positively, there is a wonderful ‘firmness’ to all of accurascale’s products. I sometimes feel like I have to grip a Hornby product at the edges, lest I feel that awful sensation of a part bending under my fingers. The build quality on the A class is simply sublime. If you’re an Irish railway modeller then you really have gone from famine (metaphorically, it’s just a metaphor) to feast… ‘awkward cough’.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 16/10/2021 at 13:58, NIRCLASS80 said:

They do look great!

a class1.JPG

a class 5.JPG

a class 8.JPG

a class 7.JPG

Yes they look stunning. The culmination of a dream for the Tesla of the model rail hobby, disruptive, innovative, game changing. My orders haven't arrived yet hope they turn up in the next few days.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 15/10/2021 at 16:55, AY Mod said:

Glad they're appearing in the wild now. When I did the review for the mag I only had space to hang 23 Mk1 coaches behind it; anyone fancy taking up the challenge to beat that? Photo/video evidence required of course and a bonus point if you see how many you can get it to move on speed step 1 of 126 on DCC.

There may be a plan in the pipeline* to see how many things one can move but don't tell the lads as they may ............ :butcher: :laugh_mini2:

*Said plan may be a few months away, well till we get the big train set out next

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

On 04/10/2021 at 16:50, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Photo from earlier this morning of all the pallets in the warehouse. Now we are breaking them down, sorting the cartons into bays and QC checks will commence tomorrow. Shipping will begin from Wednesday onwards, all going well.

20211004_150401.jpg.8b52a81a61e138e031cdebb88d1ce943.jpg

Exciting times!

Cheers,

Fran 

What ye doing with the empty pallets, I Need some kindling for the fire? Nice spacious warehouse there for sire.

• RMweb Premium

There is a detail bag to fit to the buffer beam at one end, should you decide to remove the NEM coupling.

Oddly enough, I’ve had two of these loco’s and only one includes a pair of spare roof horns too.

I cannot stress highly enough how good these models are !

Detail, weight and slow running on DC straight from the box are superb.

Obviously Irish locomotives won’t be for everyone, but it bodes well for Accurascale’s forthcoming releases.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Arrived today. Very impressive model and booklet.  Thank you IRM.  There is a black and tan one to follow.

20211022_123456.jpg.2ea0abfcba6eab86993990e3121aa6f6.jpg20211022_123533.jpg.93d82c32b9d9db304d6ff15ffeab8f23.jpg20211022_140607.jpg.7dba39941926367048b0be4a29187de1.jpg20211022_124009.jpg.fe5046437888b5073dd9f051b8cc1645.jpg

Would not be the first BNT down in Kerry! looks lovely! Glad I plumbed for a green one too, I had a Silverfox one but was never happy with it and luckily got rid of the 2 I had before these were announced.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

I don't see anything ugly about them at all.

What they do demonstrate is how liveries can completely change the apparent shape of a loco. Green = big "forehead", Orange / Black = not so much for example. To me, even teh plain silver makes the forehead look smaller even though it is still a plain livery.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

It is the sane with the large GM locos.   They looked longer with the Irish Rail  livery with the black stripe than with the NIR plain blue.

I notice a similar thing with smokebox doors, an engine with a number plate, seems to have a completely different character to one without. This is especially true on late BR A3s.

spacer.png

The engine looks like its frowning. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, scots region said:

I notice a similar thing with smokebox doors, an engine with a number plate, seems to have a completely different character to one without. This is especially true on late BR A3s.

spacer.png

The engine looks like its frowning. 

I'd be frowning too if someone stuck elephant ears on me. The indignity!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2