IRM To Produce CIE A/001 Class Locomotive

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

I would suggest that in such a scenario, a  three position (on-off-on) DPDT switch is used so that the change over is not instantaneous, allowing time for any capacitance to diminish.

Roy

Good point Roy.

I'd forgotten that DCC supply is still live after the train has stopped.

A class (A23r) meets C class (B233) meets 181 class (B188). 1960s heaven. Thank you IRM/AS. What an incredible milestone to reach by producing your first model loco to such a high standard with sublime chassis performance. 

IMG_4083.JPG.f1feb62b0665e4b5c5cbf1e26bb8545a.JPG

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

At the expense of sounding banal, is the box a slide affair (similar to Dapol) or the Nuclear Flask type with flaps and magnets?

It's a slide affair, like most of our wagon packs. There is the posh box option with latch, though!

2116678786_a1box.jpg.71cf1bf98852dcea738f90343ba31f47.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

22 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Heres some food for modelling your A class i found on the tube,give the guy a like as it is not my content.

looks like a good time was had by all.......

Shame, look at 17:35s, a scum bag appears to be throwing some sort of a missile at the train. Pops up out of the long grass and throws something at the passing train, then ducks back down into hiding. Watch it on the video. They are not waving 

1836989500_Screenshot2021-11-15at11_50_07.png.563e5b13c263e6a64a0681be5b8a9117.png

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We've finished our audits of cancelled orders and have also freed up some of the stock we kept behind for warranty repairs. All numbers apart from A3r are now back on sale in extremely limited quantities. So, if you had previously missed out on a running number... 

Bag yours here: https://irishrailwaymodels.co.uk/collections/locomotives

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 14/11/2021 at 13:50, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Heres some food for modelling your A class i found on the tube,give the guy a like as it is not my content.

looks like a good time was had by all.......

For those unsure about the IRM EMD soundchip, this is the perfect comparison, including the horns at each end sounding different, they had a very distinctive growl at high revs and this is heard several times throughout this video, starting at around the 6 minute mark. Depending on wind direction you could hear them a fair distance away, even miles...... Just ignore the chap hanging off the front cleaning the windscreens during the shunt at Waterford :D

Edited by LaGrange
  • Like 1

On 15/11/2021 at 11:55, NoelG said:

Shame, look at 17:35s, a scum bag appears to be throwing some sort of a missile at the train. Pops up out of the long grass and throws something at the passing train, then ducks back down into hiding. Watch it on the video. They are not waving 

Oh crumbs, isn't that disgraceful and naughty behaviour. You sound very cross, you should telex the local garda barracks immediately indicating your great indignation at this most heinous of actions. 

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, LaGrange said:

Oh crumbs, isn't that disgraceful and naughty behaviour. You sound very cross, you should telex the local garda barracks immediately indicating your great indignation at this most heinous of actions. 

You sound as if you condone the stone thrower.  I hope I am wrong.

I have seem at first hand the injuries caused to a train driver as a result of stone throwing.  Not a subject for sarcasm.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

I have seem at first hand the injuries caused to a train driver as a result of stone throwing.  Not a subject for sarcasm.

I have been on the footplate of a steam loco when somebody took pot shots with an air rifle. You feel very exposed as there is nothing you can easily do.

Roy

• Friendly/supportive 3

On 17/11/2021 at 18:07, LaGrange said:

the-big.gif

On 17/11/2021 at 20:14, Colin_McLeod said:

This is Ed at his finest. Take no notice. Never see any modelling pic from him but lots of these type of comments.

• Friendly/supportive 2