On Shed - Part 5, The Scottish Region, out Feb 1st 2019, cover pic added

18B

• RMweb Premium

#5 has landed. Waiting for me on the doormat this afternoon!

Previously issues have been dispatched in quite a stout thin cardboard envelope but this arrived in just a bog standard brown paper envelope! Perhaps some indication as to the distribution issues that have been mentioned up thread^

Luckily all in order and hasn’t been creased to death in the post.

• Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, Banger Blue said:

#5 has landed. Waiting for me on the doormat this afternoon!

Previously issues have been dispatched in quite a stout thin cardboard envelope but this arrived in just a bog standard brown paper envelope! Perhaps some indication as to the distribution issues that have been mentioned up thread^

Luckily all in order and hasn’t been creased to death in the post.

Mine has arrived too, again as above in a plain unprotected envelope. Looks good though, plenty of green diesels.

Tony

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Got mine at Model Rail Scotland. A quick glance shows a pretty interesting publication . Already picked up a few mistakes in it though. The map of Scotland seems to have eradicated the River Clyde and Loch Fyne .  There’s also a reference to Mk3s top and tailed which should be obiouslynmk2s, the Mk3s and DBSO are covered later.  Some good photos though . 

• Informative/Useful 1

On 23/02/2019 at 10:12, Alcanman said:

Still not arrived at Blyth. I'll try the Metro Centre today.

2 copies left at the Metro Centre. Well worth the wait, bringing back great memories of visiting Scottish depots in the early 1980s.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

OK, ordered all 5 issues so far on 22nd Feb.

1-4 arrived in one (slightly flimsy) envelope on Feb 27th but no5 was missing, with no clue where it was.

Emailed them today (having given it a couple of days to catch up), and within 20mins I received a reply stating that no5 had got delayed by up to 10 working days, and I should have mine by 8th March. 

Hope this helps some of you.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On ‎01‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:41, Tim Hall said:

OK, ordered all 5 issues so far on 22nd Feb.

1-4 arrived in one (slightly flimsy) envelope on Feb 27th but no5 was missing, with no clue where it was.

Emailed them today (having given it a couple of days to catch up), and within 20mins I received a reply stating that no5 had got delayed by up to 10 working days, and I should have mine by 8th March. 

Hope this helps some of you.

Arrived safely today.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Wife's just got me a copy from Smith's in the White Rose outside Leeds, wasn't available at either the Station or City Centre shops. Sat with a cup of tea and my reading specs on ! ;):)

Edited by 03060
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, caradoc said:

Inside the back cover of Issue 5 the publication date for Issue 6 (WR, South Wales and Bristol) is shown as Friday 3rd May.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't seen that on the inside of the back cover. 3 May is not that far away so hopefully we'll here some news soon. The WR issue should be a cracker too.

4 hours ago, caradoc said:

Inside the back cover of Issue 5 the publication date for Issue 6 (WR, South Wales and Bristol) is shown as Friday 3rd May.

Advertising copy deadline is this week I think, so looks about right for hitting the shelves and doormats that weekend!