Oxford rail Adams on curves

Oxford Rail Adams also needs flat track, it is rigid and slopes can lift the drivers off the track and leave it stranded.

Better off with a Hornby unless you need one in a livery only Oxford do.

There is a little mod with an emery board that fixes the Oxford locomotives and even then I believe it was only the first batch.

There is a little mod with an emery board that fixes the Oxford locomotives and even then I believe it was only the first batch.

What’s the trick with it? Only run my original batch version once or twice due to layout building. Bottomed out on the slightest level change.

The info below comes from the old thread for the loco but basically you are adding some play in to the interface between front bogie and it's mount.

When it went over a piece of poorly laid track or point with a dip in it it would lift the driving wheels off the track and come to a halt. I decided to give it a miss. Paul has investigated the problem and by simply filing off the front top surface of the front bogie the problem has been solved. I

• RMweb Premium

The difference between the first and later batches can be seen here.

post-6821-0-59594800-1540849260_thumb.jpg

The thickness of the bogie above the coupler socket was reduced to allow more vertical movement before hitting the buffer beam.

The same result can be achieved with a file.

• Like 1