www.railex.org.uk

Saturday 10.00-17.30
Sunday 10.00-16.30

Free Vintage Bus between Aylesbury Railway Station car park and Railex

Layouts Attending:

7mm Scale

Arun Quay, 31.2mm Gauge, Exhibited by Gordon & Maggie Gravett,

Central Works, O Gauge, Exhibited by Luton Model Railway Club,

Crowsnest Wharf, 16.5mm gauge Exhibited by Trevor Hughes.

Midland in Bristol O Gauge exhibited by Richard Ellis

Newhurst, O Gauge, Exhibited by Cliff Williams,

Newton Heath Works 31.25 & 16.2mm gauge Exhibited by Mike Baker & Martin Finney.

Penfold Priory, O Gauge, Exhibited by Bridgend Model Railway Group,

Sherton Abbas, 31.5mm Gauge, Exhibited by David Stone,

4mm Scale

Bottom Works Sidings OO Gauge, Exhibited by Chris Matthews.

Dewerstone EM Gauge Exhibited by Steve Sims

Ellesmere, OO Gauge, Exhibited by Phil Greaves,

Leighton Buzzard (Linslade), EM Gauge, Exhibited by Tony Gee and Members of the Denny Family,.

Leysdown, P4 Gauge, Exhibited by Adrian Colenutt,

Longwood Edge P4 Gauge Exhibited by Iain Rice.

Newhaven Harbour, OO Gauge, Exhibited by Wirral and Wigan Finescale Railway Modellers,

New Kensal Green, OO Gauge, Exhibited by South Coast Rail Modellers Development Group,

3mm Scale

Lananta Quay Broad & Standard gauge exhibited by Nick Salzman.

2mm Scale

Cameo Callaton 9.42 Gauge Exhibited by Mick Simpson

Llangerisech, 9.42mm Gauge, Exhibited by Nigel Ashton,

Mini-MSW, 9.42mm Gauge, Exhibited by Alan Whitehouse,
1:148 Scale

Wickwar, N Gauge, Exhibited by Farnham and District Model Railway Club.

Traders

Note revised opening times 10am start on Saturday and 4.30pm close on Sunday

Edited by David Bigcheeseplant
  • Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello All

I have now updated the Railex 2019 website, see link below

http://www.railex.org.uk

The site now contains information about the 6 Model Railway Journal Cameo Finalists Layouts with photos.

Plus we have also have the first showing of Iain Rice & Don Leeper’s Longwood Edge layout, this started the whole Cameo layouts off from the publication of Iain Rice’s book 'Creating Cameo Layouts' that was published back in 2016.

Due to circumstances beyond our control Radley Models cannot attend this year.

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Edited by ANT
Grammer

Having just seen Arun Quay again at the Basingstoke show today, I shall be looking forward to seeing it again. The real attraction for me though will be Leighton Buzzard, as to see a part of the Rev Denny's wonderful model railway will be an absolute treat. I dare say the Cameo's won't be bad either.........certainly better than anything I'll ever be able to come up with! ......and a very good narrow gauge layout in Crowsnest Wharf as well.

Can't wait.........

Martyn

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I am really looking forward to bringing Leighton Buzzard along to the show. As an extra, Stephen Denny will be bringing along a display of models from Peter Denny's garden railway, the TVLR. As far as we know, these have never been seen at a railway exhibition before.

It will be lovely to share operating duties with both Stephen and Crispin Denny.

This is the last booked outing for the layout and after this, we will probably have done all the shows on my "wishlist" so appearances will be limited to special occasions, such as major anniversaries, so please come along and enjoy the old layout while you can.

• Like 4

I am looking forward to seeing a part of Buckingham "in the flesh" for the first time having followed it in the modelling press since I bought my first Railway Modeller in September 1972 ("Buckingham goes AC")

I have acquired a big collection of mags featuring Buckingham over the years - the earliest being a 1949 RM!!

Can't wait!!

Martyn

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 5050 said:

And say hello to all the old operators too?

We may be old but we are highly skilled, massively experienced and ....... er... there was something else but I can't remember it.

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, David Bigcheeseplant said:

Midland in Bristol by Richard Ellis

06Icm4Hg.jpeg.jpg

That will be a real highlight for me, after having enjoyed the two layout threads on here immensely.

• RMweb Premium
On 27/03/2019 at 21:49, Martync said:

I am looking forward to seeing a part of Buckingham "in the flesh" for the first time having followed it in the modelling press since I bought my first Railway Modeller in September 1972 ("Buckingham goes AC")

I have acquired a big collection of mags featuring Buckingham over the years - the earliest being a 1949 RM!!

Can't wait!!

Martyn

There will be a good number of items on the layout that were in that 1949 magazine.

It will be interesting to see just how well the layout compares and holds up with what looks like a superb line up of modelling.

I'm not sure it's appropriate to compare Buckingham with today's models. It stands by itself in my opinion.  It relies on the fact that it was built in a time before "off the shelf" models, and the multitude of products available today.  When I started at Xmas 1963 with the Triang "Pick up goods" set with Series 3 track, the Rev was already building models easily comparable with the first wave of finescale models in the 1970's.

Just my thoughts...…..my copy of the Peco Buckingham book remains one of my favourite railway books bar none.

Martyn

• Like 1
  • Agree 1