RAILEX 2019 (Aylesbury) 25 & 26 May

David Bigcheeseplant

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, bourneagain said:

So I was correct in my assumption that there are still those who don`t have a mobile phone or an email address, which is fair enough.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I have a mobile phone and an e-mail address (I must have access to a computer and knowledge of how to get on the internet in order to comment on here). I just choose not to link them to my credit card transactions.

I'm a bit cautious and old-fashioned like that, but it's served me well in recent years.

10 hours ago, bourneagain said:

stand at the ticket desk, holding up the queue while they insist that they be given a receipt for their transaction.

You make it sound like one is being extremely unreasonable, in wanting a receipt.

I always expect a receipt and I do get increasingly grumpy these days when I actually have to ask for something that I feel is my right, especially in places like coffee houses.

It's not my problem if the payment receiving systems or protocols of certain retail establishments aren't geared up to be sufficiently efficient, in order to satisfy those further down the queue, who might want to save a few seconds precious seconds, before they can hurry off to do whatever other business they have, that is clearly more important than my own.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

This is the first year we have offered any kind of non cash payment on the day, we will still be issuing admittance tickets, if using cash or card. in 15 years of Railex at the stadium we have not had issues regarding payment methods.

Anyway we are only a few weeks away and just putting the finishing touches to what should be a good show.

David

• Like 4

Hello All

To remind you all that the applications for Railex 2019 Advance Tickets closes on Friday the 10th May, details can be found either:

http://www.railex.org.uk

Or download the below

Railex2019AdvanceTicketFormPP.pdf

Remember on Sunday only - up to 2 children admitted free with an accompanying paying adult

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

Edited by ANT
Added Childrern option on Sunday

Hello All

Just to remind you all that the competition closes this Saturday that we have setup in conjunction with UK Model Shops, for a chance for you to win one of four adult tickets to Railex.

If you would like to enter click on the link below:

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/

Thanks

SEEYA
ANT

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, wenlock said:

Gulp!  Just noticed Sherton Abbas is next to Arun Quay at the show, I do hope my layout behaves!

Dave

Not at all, keeping the quality together Dave. Looking forward to it.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, wenlock said:

Gulp!  Just noticed Sherton Abbas is next to Arun Quay at the show, I do hope my layout behaves!

Dave

Aren't they both 7mm? Just coincidence ...

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, wenlock said:

Dave

Do they have a history of causing disturbance together? I'd recommend putting a nice quiet N-gauge layout inbetween to stop them coming to blows.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Not at all, keeping the quality together Dave. Looking forward to it.

Thanks Robin, that’s very kind!

2 hours ago, Tim V said:

Aren't they both 7mm? Just coincidence ...

They certainly are:-) Still they’re illustrious company to be next to, railway modelling royalty in my opinion!

Edited by wenlock
Spelling!

1 hour ago, David Bigcheeseplant said:

Sherton Abbas is the first layout visitors see when they enter the hall!

I hope you've got some decent crowd control then ! :mosking:

Superb layout.

G

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 13/05/2019 at 17:19, wenlock said:

Still they’re illustrious company to be next to, railway modelling royalty in my opinion!

I expect Gordon and Maggie are thinking the same thing about being next to you and your layout!

If you forget your high-vis, by the way, I'll have a spare one with me in the car!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

I expect Gordon and Maggie are thinking the same thing about being next to you and your layout!

Very kind of you Captain, although highly unlikely:-)

Best wishes

Dave

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 13/05/2019 at 22:13, wenlock said:

Thanks Grahame :-) I’ll wear a hi viz vest!

Don't forget to take plenty of selfies for those of us isolated on the continent :D 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Mikkel said:

for those of us isolated on the continent :D 

There are still 10 days left before the show opens, plenty of time for you to get to Blighty!:D

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Mikkel said:

Don't forget to take plenty of selfies for those of us isolated on the continent :D 

Make the effort to come Mikkel, some of us would love to meet you in person.:)

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks both, same here. I used to be able to combine with work trips, but difficult now. So maybe time to start thinking about actual hobby trips.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3