Random encounter - model shop in Cologne

torqueofthedevil

Good evening all,

On a trip to Cologne earlier this month, I happened upon a small model shop in Cologne which hadn't shown up in any searches.  It's on Trimbornstrasse which is the street linking the station of the same name with Bundesstrasse and the Arcaden shopping centre.  It's a small shop packed from floor to ceiling with railway models and plastic kits (mostly aircraft).  The railway stuff I saw is mostly second-hand continental HO but some of the displays are partially hidden by boxes piled up in front.  The owner speaks English and explained that it is more of an office for his eBay shop (sammlefreund-1, although I can't trace him on eBay) than a conventional retail shop.  It's hardly the biggest or best model shop in Germany, but that said, it's the kind of place where you might find an absolute gem if you were lucky!  The current opening hours are Monday to Friday 1400-1830.   Might be worth popping in if you're passing!

post-22694-0-10793700-1540763780_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good evening all,

On a trip to Cologne earlier this month, I happened upon a small model shop in Cologne which hadn't shown up in any searches.  It's on Trimbornstrasse which is the street linking the station of the same name with Bundesstrasse and the Arcaden shopping centre.  It's a small shop packed from floor to ceiling with railway models and plastic kits (mostly aircraft).  The railway stuff I saw is mostly second-hand continental HO but some of the displays are partially hidden by boxes piled up in front.  The owner speaks English and explained that it is more of an office for his eBay shop (sammlefreund-1, although I can't trace him on eBay) than a conventional retail shop.  It's hardly the biggest or best model shop in Germany, but that said, it's the kind of place where you might find an absolute gem if you were lucky!  The current opening hours are Monday to Friday 1400-1830.   Might be worth popping in if you're passing!

THanks we are going to Cologne for the Christmas Markets ans i am going to be given some time on my own for good behaviour

• Like 1

I didn't have time to visit all the listed shops in the city, but I did go to the two Lindenberger shops (one on Hohe Pforte, the other round the corner on Blaubach, at the southern end of the old town).  I would highly recommend both;  the former is purely second-hand stock and the latter is a large and modern model shop.  Enjoy!

• Like 1