Sale of the Century from Hattons

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold

Morning All,

We have just launched our Sale of the Century on our website.

We've discounted over 1000 overstocked lines to bargain prices covering multiple scales and a wide range of manufacturers.

OO Gauge

N Gauge

O Gauge

Diecast

post-28458-0-28485000-1540890763_thumb.jpg

All items have limited stocks and may sell out quickly so we encourage placing your orders so you don't miss out.

The sale will end on Monday 31st December 2018 (or whilst stocks last).

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1

Well although there are some VERY good bargains there many are just a little off the going price elsewhere, so I think "sale of the century" is a little over-the-top.  However, I think it much better having a sale now when parents/grandparents (and wifes, partners and sweethearts) can buy for Christmas presents is much better than a January sale).

A shame (but rather unsurprising) to see the competing Class 71s and Adams Radials being well represented.

• Like 1

That's brilliant I bought the LSWR terrier last week at full price. From tower. My timing is brilliant as normal.

Slightly miffed of north wales

Don't worry - I've just tried twice to buy a couple of sale items, only to receive at the end of the process the message that their sales system is too busy to process the order, so try again later - the items having in the meantime been deleted from the basket, necessitating starting the whole tiresome process all over again (complete with searches full of useless (to me) 2nd hand items, N gauge items, etc).

Paul 

• RMweb Gold

Don't worry - I've just tried twice to buy a couple of sale items, only to receive at the end of the process the message that their sales system is too busy to process the order, so try again later - the items having in the meantime been deleted from the basket, necessitating starting the whole tiresome process all over again (complete with searches full of useless (to me) 2nd hand items, N gauge items, etc).

Paul 

Sorry about this Paul. Would you be able to provide any more information regarding this error so I can pass it over to the IT team?

A screenshot may be useful as well.

In the meantime it may be best to either give us a call (0151 733 3655) or if you let us know your phone number by email (info@hattons.co.uk) or Livechat then we can call you back so you don't miss out on anything.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks for the mail.

I am giving up buying stuff right away in future. Looking at stuff there and one item in particular a 1/48 lightning I bought some time back (not from Hattons) at  £131 quid now £95 grates me a fair bit. 

Are the prices initially OTT in the 1st place hence they products do not shift enough, do people think the prices are not value for money, Stuff sit there and then the massive price drops.

Luckily I passed on a 2nd hand Heljan class 33 in a Dublin show at €95.00, Brand new on is £66.00. Looks like I will be pressing buy on that one.

Sorry about this Paul. Would you be able to provide any more information regarding this error so I can pass it over to the IT team?

A screenshot may be useful as well.

In the meantime it may be best to either give us a call (0151 733 3655) or if you let us know your phone number by email (info@hattons.co.uk) or Livechat then we can call you back so you don't miss out on anything.

Cheers,

Dave

Er... Despite doing nothing, I've now had confirmation emails that both (identical) orders actually went through. Which is unfortunate... (I had checked at the time before attempting to place the 2nd order, and the items were not listed in the pre-orders section of my account. So at least two parts of the system claimed I hadn't ordered anything.).

Ah well: looks like I'm getting even more than I bargained for!

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Er... Despite doing nothing, I've now had confirmation emails that both (identical) orders actually went through. Which is unfortunate... (I had checked at the time before attempting to place the 2nd order, and the items were not listed in the pre-orders section of my account. So at least two parts of the system claimed I hadn't ordered anything.).

Ah well: looks like I'm getting even more than I bargained for!

Paul

How peculiar. Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this Paul.

I believe one of my colleagues has located your order(s) and has tried to contact you but I think you may have been on the line to the Helpdesk already.

In any case, the duplicate has been cancelled and refunded. 

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 1

How peculiar. Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this Paul.

I believe one of my colleagues has located your order(s) and has tried to contact you but I think you may have been on the line to the Helpdesk already.

In any case, the duplicate has been cancelled and refunded.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Cheers,

Dave

All sorted, thanks, as is usual with Hattons impeccable customer service. Though the nice man said how slow their computers were today - presumably overloaded with bargain-hunters.

Paul