Sale of the Century from Hattons

Hattons Dave

Well I bit and bought a Heljan EWS bone. My first ever model train set was Hornby's Midnight Freight so I have always had a soft spot for the 58. Previously had the Heljan Mainline one but sold it and regretted it ever since - so this ones getting Howes sound fitted to it.

• Like 2

Well I bit and bought a Heljan EWS bone. My first ever model train set was Hornby's Midnight Freight so I have always had a soft spot for the 58. Previously had the Heljan Mainline one but sold it and regretted it ever since - so this ones getting Howes sound fitted to it.

Same! 58016 for me.

• Like 1

58012 for me. It actually appeared on the ile of Sheppy and blue large logo 73. So keeps within my South Eastern theme.

Drumming my fingers over a London Transport electric loco (technically I would need to add a forth rail). Might look good with the Warwells.

• RMweb Gold

58012 for me. It actually appeared on the ile of Sheppy and blue large logo 73. So keeps within my South Eastern theme.

Drumming my fingers over a London Transport electric loco (technically I would need to add a forth rail). Might look good with the Warwells.

The Met electric is one of Heljan’s finest offerings.You will not regret it.

Ordered a Dapol o gauge pannier tank, and BR brake van plus Heljan tank wagon at £35, luckily held off buying the loco a few months ago so saved 30 odd pounds, would have saved more if i hadnt bought Heljan cls 20 when first released!!

• RMweb Premium

You have to laugh at the 'Sale of the Century' - stock that won't shift including LE stuff fro Olivia's :-)

Worked for me, always wanted a 76/77 but at Olivia’s always high retail prices I just couldn’t justify it, but at £99.......why not?

It’s not even the gauge I model in, then again I did also succumb to another Dapol 08..........shoot me, I like ugly locos! :)

• Like 1

It's like they know that I'm just about to start laying the track on an O gauge garden railway and have fancied a Jinty for quite some time to run on it. I'm just glad that I hadn't succumbed and bought one the other week as I can quite understand how anyone who had would be somewhat miffed now.

I tell myself not to be miffed. If I want something badly, I don’t want to take the chance of missing it. If it is discounted more later, well, at least I didn’t miss it.

• RMweb Premium

Bit worried at the moment, on Thursday I ordered a Dapol 08......Friday I ordered a Class 77 Olivia’s loco, today I got confirmation of the 77 but have had nothing regarding the 08 as yet, hoping it is just a glitch rather than anything else........

Bit worried at the moment, on Thursday I ordered a Dapol 08......Friday I ordered a Class 77 Olivia’s loco, today I got confirmation of the 77 but have had nothing regarding the 08 as yet, hoping it is just a glitch rather than anything else........

I placed an order yesterday and got a confirmation email, but not the usual order processed email.  Tried the web chat this morning, but no-one responded at their end and no response so far to a follow up email.

They're either snowed under by orders  and its all hands to the pumps OR there are problems reconciling stock levels between the old and new websites and orders are being accepted by the system from the new website for stock that is marked as sold out on the old one.

• RMweb Premium

I placed an order yesterday and got a confirmation email, but not the usual order processed email.  Tried the web chat this morning, but no-one responded at their end and no response so far to a follow up email.

They're either snowed under by orders  and its all hands to the pumps OR there are problems reconciling stock levels between the old and new websites and orders are being accepted by the system from the new website for stock that is marked as sold out on the old one.

You correct I reckon, the 08 arrived a few minutes ago but never had any order confirmation or delivery notes, they must be a “bit” busy :)

• RMweb Gold

i was emailed that my order Had been “picked” on Tuesday but silence since.

Edited by adb968008

The Met electric is one of Heljan’s finest offerings.You will not regret it.

Yes, it's a fine model (although five of the six cab ends I've got have had their lighting boards fitted upside down). I'm a bit disappointed that 11 "George Romney" hasn't made the cut, considering the stock levels are the same as the other reduced bargains.

i was emailed that my order Had been “picked” on Tuesday but silence since.

I think they may have been a tad overwhelmed...  I got the initial advice my order was being processed within minutes, but it was then three days before the shipped email and tracking number was sent thru.

Cheers

Scott

• RMweb Gold

Judging by this thread, a lot of it IS shifting. And if it doesnt, it will get reduced further, I'm sure.

That is the judgement call, will prices go down further?

I think they need to be a little bit careful as having pre-ordered and bought Hattons Limited Edition 121's at full price it is mildly irritating to see them discounted. The same happened to me with a Hornby "limited edition" items a few years back that really got my goat. They need to ensure they don't replicate the pricing and value mistakes the big manufacturers made in undermining their full price commissioned products. Given the large range of 66's being produced will people hold off to see if there is discounting later?

Drumming my fingers over a London Transport electric loco (technically I would need to add a forth rail).

No you don't ............................ think it went to Sheerness too that day See below for tour details

Photo is Gillingham on the Up approach to Ingram Road LX

post-5198-0-30420500-1541239793.jpg

Edited by Southernman46
  • Like 8

Living reasonably close to Hattons, take it from someone who was there yesterday to grab some bargains that behind the calm of their front desk it is bedlam!

At least two vans departed with postal orders whilst I was there and another was being loaded.

Anyhow, some useful tastiness acquired as future projects continue to ccome into focus....

• RMweb Premium

I ordered a Dapol Gauge 0 terrier Wednesday evening, it was picked the next day, reached Warrington RM depot yesterday and delivered while we were out today from Loughborough. No complaints here but I'm off to test run it. DCC fitted, it's about 7GBP more than the first Terrier I bought when they came out three years ago.

Dava

No you don't ............................ think it went to Sheerness too that day

attachicon.gifSarah Siddons Gillingham 1985.jpg

Dam - I have no excuses left in me... Gillingham Kent, South east, 80s, mk1 stock blue grey,

Thanks for the picture.

Edit; I'm not sure if the roof is grey or maroon in the pic though. Other images suggest it should be maroon for the 80s.

Edit 2 this site gives details of the 1985 tour. Its Maroon : https://www.sixbellsjunction.co.uk/80s/850921lt.htm

Edit 3: and the order went in.... Being a sort of LT Met hybrid livery, I might just get away with her on Warwells as well as the 80s south east tour special

Edited by JSpencer

• RMweb Gold

No you don't ............................ think it went to Sheerness too that day

attachicon.gifSarah Siddons Gillingham 1985.jpg

I think it was this tour, in which case it didn't go to Sheerness but not far off.

https://www.sixbellsjunction.co.uk/

Edit: The link only seems to work to the home page. You want 21Sep 1985.

Edited by Metr0Land
  • Like 1