Sale of the Century from Hattons

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Premium

Fortunately, when it comes to larger boxes, I can pretend people are sending me things for me to:

convert;

part build;

modify;

use until their layout is built  :nono: ;

swap for something I have that they need (little bit of fibbing I'm afraid);

receive as a horse trade item for something I have sent/will send them (more fibs most of the time).

Small boxes are always wire, bulbs, paint brushes, glue, spare parts etc. I occasionally open one of these at the breakfast table to prove  I am being honest.

Books are always bargains from a sale!

My SWMBO is either very trusting or she is up to something and allows me to do all this  :triniti:

Phil

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

May I just suggest that anyone who is having to wait a few days for their 'bargain' just shuts up moaning; Hattons are doing a grand job despite being overwhelmed due to running a very clever marketing & sales event.

As for missing buffers etc. that is a bit annoying but I bet that if you phone them or email them you will get something sorted, or just source a replacement (or pair) and fit them Yourself.

Phil

• RMweb Premium

Fortunately, when it comes to larger boxes, I can pretend people are sending me things for me to:

convert;

part build;

modify;

use until their layout is built  :nono: ;

swap for something I have that they need (little bit of fibbing I'm afraid);

receive as a horse trade item for something I have sent/will send them (more fibs most of the time).

Small boxes are always wire, bulbs, paint brushes, glue, spare parts etc. I occasionally open one of these at the breakfast table to prove  I am being honest.

Books are always bargains from a sale!

My SWMBO is either very trusting or she is up to something and allows me to do all this  :triniti:

However, when I pop me clogs then there might be some questions asked, but I have asked a friend to be the executor of the loft collection and he will be very discreet and there will be funds from sales to soften the shock(s).

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

Thanks for the heads up, i didn’t realise Hattons had a lingerie department ;)

Not actually lingerie but other electrical items about the same size as a loco and streamlined.

When parcels come for me, fortunately my train room is behind the garage, still have to walk the 20 meter driveway without being seem from the large living room windows though.

Once we had a courier delivering on a Saturday, as luck would have it I was opening the gate at the exact minute he arrived otherwise the bell would have rang...

(Sale of ther Century) Just about the only sign of life there has ever been from Norwich - apart from Alan Partridge.

Anglia TV also produced Tales of the completely obvious in the first five minutes Unexpected (though to be fair, they also made the natural history series Survival fom 1961-2001) 

Edited by Pacific231G

Anglia TV also produced Tales of the completely obvious in the first five minutes Unexpected (though to be fair, they also made the natural history series Survival fom 1961-2001) 

I always understood that 'Tales of the Unexpected' was Cambridge United NOT losing !!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold

Not actually lingerie but other electrical items about the same size as a loco and streamlined.

When parcels come for me, fortunately my train room is behind the garage, still have to walk the 20 meter driveway without being seem from the large living room windows though.

Once we had a courier delivering on a Saturday, as luck would have it I was opening the gate at the exact minute he arrived otherwise the bell would have rang...

Its modelling's largest lingerie section I understand. I, er, read that somewhere...

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the heads up, i didn’t realise Hattons had a lingerie department ;)

A guilty secret...… another Hattons DJ  14/58XX :triniti:

I am not going to confirm or deny what I may or may not have ordered (or not ordered). The package has been announced at Kernow Towers, so CTMK is expecting me to take delivery of something, but the moment it arrives, one of the two items will be whisked away by Kernow Security and placed in a safe vault and probably not opened for 50 years.

I can certainly not reveal any further information until there is no one left around who might get harmed by the revealing of same.

Edited by Captain Kernow

I am not going to confirm or deny what I may or may not have ordered (or not ordered). The package has been announced at Kernow Towers, so CTMK is expecting me to take delivery of something, but the moment it arrives, one of the two items will be whisked away by Kernow Security and placed in a safe vault and probably not opened for 50 years.

I can certainly not reveal any further information until there is no one left around who might get harmed by this information.

... Hmmm, Strange sense from you I have. Secret Smokey Joe fan you be.

Hope your safe vault has better luck than the Blue Peter time capsule.  

The Hatton's "Sale of The Century" has come up at a vital time for me and I've made a very important purchase.

I find myself in the same situation, pre orders I have committed to that are scheduled for delivery end of this year is already over 1K, buying stuff that would be nice to have just for £30 off is still ot easy to justify at this time (but yes I still bought 6 coaches)

Edited by Sails

It depends which items. Some are about 10% less than they were before. Others are practically 1/2 the list price.

I had no plans for a Sarah, 58 nor even an extra 73 this year but they do plug important holes in my South East themed items.

Now, there are also many ex-LSWR. I have about 20 already but they were rare in the South East. Do I need an extra Radial and black motor?

I find myself in the same situation, pre orders I have committed to that are scheduled for delivery end of this year is already over 1K, buying stuff that would be nice to have just for £30 off is still ot easy to justify at this time (but yes I still bought 6 coaches)

Thanks to this sale I was able to make my first purchase of an Irish model. And thankfully the exact model I've been eyeing for years was the only Irish one discounted

ROD ordered. Having read various articles in Steam Days, it would appear they worked freights from Carmarthen to various points west.

Also another Coal Tank which maybe push pull fitted for local services. Banned from Tredegar by the Union in 1950 and sent to Abergavenny for what appears to be limited use.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

ROD ordered. Having read various articles in Steam Days, it would appear they worked freights from Carmarthen to various points west.

Also another Coal Tank which maybe push pull fitted for local services. Banned from Tredegar by the Union in 1950 and sent to Abergavenny for what appears to be limited use.

ROD's from Pontypool Road also worked The Vale of Neath line .The preserved Coal Tank ( aka 58926 ) spent much of its declining years on Abercynon shed.It hauled the last train over the Dowlais-Abergavenny section with a G2

• RMweb Gold

I can certainly not reveal any further information until there is no one left around who might get harmed by the revealing of same.

Try Sellafield for secure safekeeping. :nono: