Stafford Exhibition 2019

ELTEL

40 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Morning all

just a quick thank you to Colin and his team for an enjoyable weekend. Myself, Mike and Rhys had a good time playing trains and I hope we didn’t disappoint and kept things moving and interesting. Layout was back home by 7.45 which wasn’t bad, but took an hour to get the car onto the drive to unload because of the need to clear snow and ice!

I may not have mentioned your layout in my previous entry, but I enjoyed watching  it (even when the train containing the military items inexplicably tipped over under the bridge!). Seriously though it is a very nice layout.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to Colin and the Stafford team for an enjoyable weekend. It was a well run and friendly exhibition as always. The attendance looked very good. 

I was back home with the layout by 18:00 but the layout is still in the car this morning.

• Administrators
On 03/02/2019 at 09:32, MarkSG said:

Just about to leave for the show. My daughter is coming with me, so, as usual, we will be doing our best to find layouts that have cats on them! I'm also coming with a loaded wallet, as I want to take the opportunity to pick up some essentials for my W&U project - I need some track, and some scenic materials. So it should be a good day, whatever the weather!

Bet she liked Albion Estates!

Albion cats.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks to Colin and the Stafford team for hosting yet another excellent show.  Arcadia Pennsylvania team thoroughly enjoyed the event and were grateful for the many kind comments.  It would have been nice to have sneaked a bit more viewing time, to see the excellent layouts on offer, but we were there to operate!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

We had a great weekend, as usual, with Oakley Green. Many thanks to Colin and team for another great show.

Finally met with a few RMwebbers and able to faces to names.

However, we did have some major repair work to carry out on Friday afternoon after setting up to repair and refit the storage tanks after the glue had given way during storage in Jamie's garage! Thankfully not too much damage and able to glue all the broken bits back in place. One of the Severn Models pylons took the brunt of the damage, nothing too severe thankfully and able straighten most of the structure and glue back into position. Andy at Severn Models has very kindly given us some spare etch frets to replace any sections at the bottom if we need to replace in the future.

We will be back next year!

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, andyram said:

I may not have mentioned your layout in my previous entry, but I enjoyed watching  it (even when the train containing the military items inexplicably tipped over under the bridge!). Seriously though it is a very nice layout.

Thanks Andy I think the incident referred to was down to operator error (me) and not putting all the wheels on the track! Thankfully it's rare that trains fall off.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Had a good weekend at the show with Freshwater (2mmFS, not N as advertised), despite leaving my stock box at home in snowy Hampshire.

I had not been to Stafford before, and thought it was a good exhibition, plenty of room and some fine layouts. Pity I did not have the time to explore the miniature railway outside. Thanks Colin et. al.

4 hours ago, Phil Parker said:

Bet she liked Albion Estates!

Indeed she did! 

Another one that had plenty of cats on was Durham Road TMD, including this feline enjoying the attention in the neighbouring allotments.

IMG_2605.JPG

• Like 2

End of the spur crew, home save and well, the layout seemed to go down well, lots of question over the weekend, i'm a little horse(should that be pony),good excuse for some falling down water with a few exhibitors Friday/ Saturday night around Stafford.

Thank to Colin and all his crew for making it a great weekend, one bonus for the weekend I now can speak and understand scouse, thanks Chris H!!!!

Ray

• RMweb Gold

I would like to echo my thanks to Colin and all the Stafford team for hosting this weekend. A great show and thanks for all the nice comments on Kyle of Lochalsh...a lot of  people saying they thought it would bigger after seeing the front cover shot :)

My thanks to Bryn, David and Andy for helping out which allowed me to see the show - saw some familiar faces, met some new ones and I thought the ‘pick n mix’ stand was a genius idea :yes:

Packed up and on the road 25 mins after show closed and back in Putney, London 2 hrs 45 minutes later.

Pete

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, bcnPete said:

the ‘pick n mix’ stand was a genius idea :yes:

FYI, also appears at the Wigan show (another good one if you can make it).

Paul.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 04/02/2019 at 10:26, Hobby said:

I should have added, any chance of a bit more narrow gauge next year! :)

STAFFORD EXHIBITION FINAL UPDATE

Well it’s all over again for another year (and it’s only 51 weeks on Friday to when we do it all again)

A massive thank you to all the layout owners & operators, traders, demonstrators and of course all the visitors new and old that came to the exhibition this year and every year.

The weather was kind to us in Stafford but I know many of layout teams, demonstrators and traders had to do battle with the weather, which is much appreciated by our club and it’s members.

No club can put on a exhibition without the support of its members and volunteers, so a big thank you also.

Last but not least thanks to the Warley Model Railway Club and The Chilterns Association  fir the loan of equipment.

Time to do some modelling now and get my layout Camel Quay ready Macclesfield Exhibition on 9th & 10th March

Eltel 

On behalf of Stafford Railway Circle 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hobby said:

Thanks for the quote! Is that a yes for next year then? ;)

We will all have to wait and see what Colin has booked for next year.

My understanding as one of the features in 2020 will be a 3mm section.

Happy Modelling

Eltel  

On 06/02/2019 at 22:37, ELTEL said:

My understanding as one of the features in 2020 will be a 3mm section.

Ah! My TTe layout wouldn't be any use, then, as it's 2.54mm/ft!! Ask him to expand it to include TT, not just TT3, there's some really nice layouts around...