Cavalex Models All new RTR BBA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

Did they ever make it into Metals subsector yellow/black?

Not difficult to find, next to the one referred to a couple of hours ago https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/bba/e27dc5a9d https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/bba/e3f59c890   https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/bba/e321f4893     Note the yellow stanchions

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Like 1

Assuming I did it correctly I placed a pre order last week for 3 wagons in brown livery. As yet I've not received an acknowledgement of this. Should I have?

Mine took a few days to come through, give it a week before worrying too much ;)

Thank you for your patience. This is a new setup for the pre-orders using the Googledocs form, we are looking at setting up an automatic confirmation process so please bear with us.

Hopefully you should receive a confirmation email within a couple of days.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve put my order in for a dozen to recreate the trains to Workington with pairs of 37’s or a 60 in the early 90’s. The PGA looked a superb wagon just sadly not for my modelling needs so I’m looking forward to this release. 

Thanks to Paul Bartletts wonderful wagon photos there are even several

shots taken at Workington. The all over black one is also a contender.

Get your orders in so these get made please!

thanks

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

14006956112_059baf7c53_k.jpg.ae92f2c16c150c6f5a201264f39f1e9d.jpg

Photo courtesy Ian Cuthbertson

4mm
The 4mm BBA has proved to be very popular in the month or so that we’ve been taking pre-orders. We will be issuing invoices over the next few weeks with the intention of starting tooling at the end of the month.

2mm
We will be providing further updates on the 2mm BBA in the coming months.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

A modelling question for the better informed! When carrying coils on cradles, have BBAs used the same cradles as those found on Bachmann's BAAs?

I'm pretty certain they have; coil cradles seem to move between types. The type of cradle seems to depend on the diameter of coil being carried, whilst the orientation ('eye to side' or 'gunbarrel' ) depends on the handling facilities at the receiving terminal.

• Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

A modelling question for the better informed! When carrying coils on cradles, have BBAs used the same cradles as those found on Bachmann's BAAs?

There were13 BBA re coded  to BWA with 5 eye to side BZA cradles ( Bachmann type ) all these wagons having their ends removed  , but have seen pics of BBA with the same cradles with ends still in place  , my models of a BWA using  5 Stenson Models etched cradles , these wagons ran from Grimsby to Sheffield  / Wolverhampton etc ... with imported coil . The other BBA with 6 eye to side cradles of which there were 33 in the pool with ends removed ( Stenson Models also do these  , but have forgot to model the middle support  ! ) , these were dual use wagon  , used for carrying stainless slab from Sheffield to East coast ports , Lackenby  and Port Talbot for rolling with the slab resting on the cradles  , then used to bring the coil back ! will post the wagon numbers when i find them

blogentry-19557-0-84147800-1452541393.jpg

Edited by bazjones1711
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

15 hours ago, bazjones1711 said:

There were13 BBA re coded  to BWA with 5 eye to side BZA cradles ( Bachmann type ) all these wagons having their ends removed  , but have seen pics of BBA with the same cradles with ends still in place  , my models of a BWA using  5 Stenson Models etched cradles , these wagons ran from Grimsby to Sheffield  / Wolverhampton etc ... with imported coil . The other BBA with 6 eye to side cradles of which there were 33 in the pool with ends removed ( Stenson Models also do these  , but have forgot to model the middle support  ! ) , these were dual use wagon  , used for carrying stainless slab from Sheffield to East coast ports , Lackenby  and Port Talbot for rolling with the slab resting on the cradles  , then used to bring the coil back ! will post the wagon numbers when i find them

blogentry-19557-0-84147800-1452541393.jpg

Those coils look really good, how did you do those?

9 hours ago, GordonC said:

Those coils look really good, how did you do those?

the coils are simply made from strips of thin card  wrapped around a suitably sized piece of tube / bar and stuck with pritstick as you go along  , sprayed with humbrol polished steel paint  with the banding made from very thin strips of self adhesive labels coloured black with permanent marker . a  fine white pen to add some markings and the odd yellow label ( made from 4mm overhead flashes decals painted yellow! )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

The 13 BWA were 910223 , 234 , 264 , 269 , 307 , 413 , 421 , 422 , 426 , 440 , 450 , 484 , 489 . these were fitted with 5 BZA type cradles  and no ends , having come from a pool of 33 BBA again without ends that worked from Tinsley  with slab and coil ,  these were :  910003 , 006 , 112 , 170 , 179 , 216 , 223 , 234 , 235 , 258 , 264 , 269 , 275 , 292 , 307 , 413 , 420 , 421 , 422 , 423 , 424 , 425 , 426 , 427 , 440 , 441 , 447 , 450 , 461 , 465 , 469 , 484 , 489 .

Steel slabs heading for immingham

As for BBA with 5 cradles and ends i  have no numbers for these  , assume they did not last long as with the the ends still in place may have made it more difficult to load ?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwihqsLm3-vgAhVCUxoKHVxpBPcQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.flickr.com%2Fphotos%2Feagle50043%2F6681451379&psig=AOvVaw27FHoWVUJANMoSic4E8Wdu&ust=1551900958979466

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Alex/Cavalex, if the BWA wagon posted by BazJones is simply a BBA without ends, could you re-use your BBA mould to produce BWA too? (assuming you can remove the ends?)

You would produce two wagons from one investment.

There might be a third similar wagon too, BazJones could probably confirm?

Edited by faa77

On 03/03/2019 at 23:53, YesTor said:

When do pre-orders close for this model please?

thanks

Al

Hi Al,

Sorry we missed this.

The pre-order pricing has been extended to midnight on Sunday, however they can still be ordered at full RRP after that.

Regards

Cav

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A meagre pre order from me has gone in for just one, but I can't really fit much more into my sidings! I dare say I'll add a few more eventually once I've got a bit more space to play with! 

I presume they can realistically be mixed in a rake with BDAs as well, nice and dirty with a LoadHaul 60 on the front! 

Cheers

J

Ordered a rake of 10 of the brown ones last night, will look superb behind a Hattons EWS shed or one of my EWS tugs. Came across this video on YouTube.

just wondering if my wallet can stretch a couple more now the preorder price has been extended...

• Like 3