Cavalex Models All new RTR BBA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 25/03/2019 at 21:24, Grimleygrid said:

BBA Wagon project update:

BBA invoices will be sent out this week and over the weekend. We have made a few minor tweaks to the design ready for tooling to commence.

I've just paid my first instalment

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold

First installment paid.

I am really looking forward to these.

As a satisfied customer of the Redland PGAs I am very confident that the BBAs will be another great model. The CADs look amazing.

• Like 1

Alex/Cav, are there sufficient similar wagons to produce multiple running numbers? (I think FTG did this with the SPA). I'm not sure if the answer would be dependent on livery. I would like to purchase a number of BBAs in Railfreight and it would be awesome if they don't all have the same number.

On 05/04/2019 at 19:12, bazil31 said:

Is it possible to make a  payment over the phone using the phone number on the invoice provided?

Baz

Good evening Baz, unfortunately we cannot take payment over the telephone. If you have any queries regarding payment, please contact us by email.

On 06/04/2019 at 09:50, tommyboy said:

The Dalzell to Tees Yard empty slab train with a mix of BBA BDA and BAA wagons

43903852742_6e22594c19_o_(1).jpg

Nice photo Tom, it would have looked better with a pair of 37s or a 60, in my opinion!!

Look forward to seeing this recreated in OO.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

April 2019 Update

BBA bogie steel wagon

As of the 7th of April 2019 all BBA invoices have been issued. If you have not received an invoice for your pre-order, please contact us via email.

If you have not placed a pre-order yet and still would like to, please follow this link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfsYhibdco6ikCdimdnhuxk8CFO7z0ky4Zc_WEY7YSv9SI9yg/viewform?usp=sf_link

We are aiming to start the tooling stage of the process at the end of this month.

BLA bogie steel coil wagon

We are excited to announce that we have completed the design of this wagon and more information will be given in due course.

Here are some renders of our BLA wagon:

40446964_BLAColouredRailfreight.png.e958d2e072f8586c9459213a8360dbd8.png

1581248223_BLAColouredRailfreightTopDown.png.8093ebf915903cf0792fff037d83b661.png

840147976_BLAColouredRF3.png.13cb2881d9d50954d88b69290c6c44bc.png

• Like 16

Looking at prototype pictures of BLA wagons it seems like they ended up with a semi-circular weathering pattern following the shape of the coils on the exterior of the cradles. Is this some kind of corrosion? Out of interest what is the exact cause of this effect, is it some kind of galvanic corrosion or something else?

e.g.

BLA_910220_a_CardiffCentral_6E30_12062012

Edited by sorabain
  • Like 2

On 06/04/2019 at 05:12, tommyboy said:

The Lackenby to Dalzell

IMG_9729.JPG

I Remember when the slabs for Dalzell were taken whilst still warm from Ravenscraig, put on to the back of a truck, driven across the waste ground separating the two plants, and taken whilst still warm into the Plate mill....

by the late 80’s, British Steel management, to. Try and make the Ravenscraig works look less profitable, insisted that the slabs for Dalzell were loaded onto trains, taken down to South Wales, or Teesside, then sent back to Dalzell....  they tried every accounting trick in the book to try and make Ravenscraig appear unprofitable.... despite their attempts, Ravenscraig  was still recognised as the most efficient single blast furnace plant in the world....

• Agree 1

Hi Cav/Alex,

Great to see these progressing so quickly, I’m going to have to get the new layout built so I can run all my 90’s era trains. Pair of metals 37’s ready for them and will make for a great site with a rake of BDA’s passing the other way! 

All the best

Mark

• 2 weeks later...