Cavalex Models All new RTR BBA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

On 02/07/2019 at 13:52, Grimleygrid said:

Good afternoon David,

We will be providing an update on the BBA and other projects at the weekend.

Hope that helps.

Will there be any news on the n gauge version? 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

July 2019 update

OO BBA:
Tooling is progressing well - we are hoping to have the first samples out of the moulds in early August. We will of course post any updates as and when we receive the first wagon samples. After we’ve received the first samples we will contact customers requesting second payments in preparation for production.

https://www.cavalexmodels.com/july2019-update

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi heres the August update,

The BBA moulds are currently being tested at the factory and we expect to receive samples over the coming weeks. Due to the holiday season our next project update will be provided early September. We will still of course be replying to any queries via email or social media.

Below are some of the first metal chassis frames out of the mould. 

IMG-20190812-WA0000.jpg.4a5f584d794626cef046a228afa07851.jpg

Regards

Cav

• Like 15

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mike knowles said:

The chassis on the PGA wagons was also metal.

I didn't buy any PGA wagons.

Am I right  these BBAs are going to be higher-detail than say Bachmann's BAAs because they're metal?

No, it will be higher detail because we have put more detail into it as a model, being metal doesn't instantly mean higher detail.

The metal frame adds weight without us needing to add a separate weight to hide somewhere in the wagon. This allows us to make parts that you can see through on the prototype such as the mesh deck on the BBA without having to sacrifice those levels of detail.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Superb progress already to get to this point. I totally agree about the metal chassis. The real wagon has a solid heavy look to it and I think having a painted metal chassis will really help to bring further realism in model form.

all the best

Mark

• Like 1

September 2019 Update

We have had the first (T1) samples which we’ve hand assembled. Please see photos below:

IMG_2218.jpg.f81719788c92485f0a0f4b0b9ffff285.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg.ab201f9fe4cf38e1a49ff89fbd908948.jpg

We are expecting T2 samples within the next week or so and we will post photos once they arrive. We will be sending out emails later this week to collect the balance on outstanding invoices to allow us to go to production in the next few months. We would like to extend our thanks to everybody who has supported the BBA project so far!

More details can be found on our website here:

https://www.cavalexmodels.com/september-update

Edited by Grimleygrid
  • Like 15

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2019 at 18:08, Grimleygrid said:

September 2019 Update

We have had the first (T1) samples which we’ve hand assembled. Please see photos below:

IMG_2218.jpg.f81719788c92485f0a0f4b0b9ffff285.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg.ab201f9fe4cf38e1a49ff89fbd908948.jpg

We are expecting T2 samples within the next week or so and we will post photos once they arrive. We will be sending out emails later this week to collect the balance on outstanding invoices to allow us to go to production in the next few months. We would like to extend our thanks to everybody who has supported the BBA project so far!

More details can be found on our website here:

https://www.cavalexmodels.com/september-update

This post said you would be sending emails out to collect the remaining balances within the week. I’m slightly concerned as I have not received any email and it’s been nearly a fortnight. Have I been missed off, or have they not gone out yet?

Thanks.

On 02/09/2019 at 08:57, mike knowles said:

Will the wagons be supplied with the screw couplings ready fitted?

Good evening Mike, apologies for not replying sooner. The screw couplings will not be fitted to the wagon but included as a separate item in the detailing pack.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clagsniffer said:

This post said you would be sending emails out to collect the remaining balances within the week. I’m slightly concerned as I have not received any email and it’s been nearly a fortnight. Have I been missed off, or have they not gone out yet?

Thanks.

Good evening Clagsniffer, thank you for your post. There is no need to worry, we have not sent out the emails yet.

We have been waiting for the samples to arrive before sending out emails and share some photos of the models beforehand. Unfortunately there has been a delay during their journey to the UK.

We hope to provide an update next week and have the sample wagons to display at the Shenfield exhibition on the 21st of September.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

Good evening Mike, apologies for not replying sooner. The screw couplings will not be fitted to the wagon but included as a separate item in the detailing pack.

Hope that helps.

No worries, just thought you may have saved me a job! Nice to see they will be included with the wagon though.