Cavalex Models All new RTR BBA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

27 minutes ago, Grimleygrid said:

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone that has taken the time to post on our thread and for the kind comments.

We are really pleased with how well received the BBAs have been.

Thanks to all those that have supported this project.

There's a reason they've been well received, its because you've done a top job on them! ... ;) ... keep producing things like that and I'll keep having space for some on my layout!

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, GordonC said:

There's a reason they've been well received, its because you've done a top job on them! ... ;) ... keep producing things like that and I'll keep having space for some on my layout!

Thank you Gordon, we will certainly do our best to keep you interested and on board!

1 hour ago, 37501 said:

My full rake of BBAs received now. Loving them. Now looking to making up suitable loads. I have Cambrian BBAs with steel blooms made of plastic and painted / weathered so might do the same with these, or possibly steel coils laid eye to sky...

I always knew that if I built enough Cambrian BBAs, a RTR one would appear.

John

Good evening John,

Glad to hear that you are pleased with your BBAs.

I share your sentiments about a RTR BBA appearing, I have a few Cambrian BBA kits which are yet to be finished.....

463811200_PHOTO-CamBBAs.jpg.c5e932eecb10bb3fc9b86acfea9a6981.jpg

The above was taken some 10 years ago with no progress since!!

• Funny 1

Hi Alex/Cav,

I realised I never posted here when I received my BBA’s. Too busy chatting on messenger with Will so you’ll no doubt already know my thoughts on how good these wagons are. So glad that I ordered these when you announced them, and as someone has said on here, even the high quality photos you posted don’t do full justice to the detail you’ve incorporated. The mesh deck is superb but it’s all the detail underneath you don’t appreciate until you have the wagon in your hands. The pipe work is excellent and those bogies really are a clever bit of design, brake disks on all wheel faces is a very nice touch as are the brake callipers.

I only had chance to pose one on Morecambe and yes the big layout needs to get finished so I can run them all with the 37’s up front.

Thank you both for doing them.

all the best

Mark

0375B1AF-E55F-473F-BB60-2F9CAE77C6C7.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mevaman1 said:

My BLAs have arrived from Rails.  As Mark has indicated above, these are fantastic models.  The underframe and bogie details are amazing.  

Seen here on the rare hot rolled coil train to Par Docks!

01023F5B-E15F-4683-B93D-7EC7C749D307.jpeg

Nice looking layout Andrew, I’ll need to find that to have a proper look.

cheers

Mark

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Tugs said:

Glad its not just me! Trying desperately to remain patient, but all these excellent photos are not helping!

Interesting that, I have had no email confirmation from Rails on my last order  - normally get it within seconds (placed yesterday). I wonder if they have IT problems?

Roy

Aggghhh! I was out and missed the delivery. Going to have to wait until tomorrow now before I can get my hands on my Rails BBA packs A and B. 

Edit: Went to the post Office just on the off chance they had already got there, and they were. 
Amazing chaps. I love the slight differences in variation. 

D9A33A58-DC87-4E57-9E95-1CEC56B9BDBF.jpeg

47F07019-8320-4683-A4D8-58CC8FEDC28F.jpeg

Edited by 66738
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got my Rails Exclusive BLA's (x2 packs B & C) and yes they are superb, can't get over the fine pipe work underneath the wagons which is really pushing the bar even higher in regards to detail not to mention the wheels/bogies as well.

Absolutely fantastic wagons & great job Cavalex, looking forward to your TEA's now.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I have to admit these were not my particularly on my list of things to get, not sure why as they are perfect for my modelling era. Anyhow, I got quite jealous seeing all the photo as I have a thing for fine detail! Now have 5 on order and on their way to me.

Well done from me chaps - looking forward to them.

Edit: and it made me order some TEAs.

Roy 

Edited by Roy Langridge

1 hour ago, Trains4U said:

I still have a big stack of PGAs if anyone needs an interim wagon fix from Cavalex!

;)

Do they run or are hauled today?...sorry got no idea about these wagons and whether they are still current or completely withdrawn.

Edited by classy52

3 hours ago, 66738 said:

Aggghhh! I was out and missed the delivery. Going to have to wait until tomorrow now before I can get my hands on my Rails BBA packs A and B. 

Edit: Went to the post Office just on the off chance they had already got there, and they were. 
Amazing chaps. I love the slight differences in variation. 

D9A33A58-DC87-4E57-9E95-1CEC56B9BDBF.jpeg

47F07019-8320-4683-A4D8-58CC8FEDC28F.jpeg

Glad that you are pleased with the wagons 66738.

We have modelled the exact wagon down to buffer types and printing elements.

2 hours ago, classy52 said:

Do they run or are hauled today?...sorry got no idea about these wagons and whether they are still current or completely withdrawn.

Good evening Classy52, these PGA wagons were withdrawn from service last year and so unfortunately are no longer running today.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grimleygrid said:

Whilst on the subject of PGAs, now that our BBA wagons have arrived we thought it was a good opportunity to see our first two projects together.

Thank you to everyone that has supported our projects so far. It really is appreciated.

Where's the fantastic BLA?

I know you're only a small operation but please keep new product announcements coming especially for modern/current day!...I'm just being selfish.

4 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Where's the fantastic BLA?

I know you're only a small operation but please keep new product announcements coming especially for modern/current day!...I'm just being selfish.

Apologies I meant to include a BLA!!

Please do keep an eye out for our next update which will be posted at the end of the month......

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I received my 6 BLA wagons yesterday and have half weathered 3 of them already. Really nice wagon and comes alive with some grime. Next is some powders, Matt varnish and airbrush weathering to the lower half. 
Will have a nice rake of 14 wagons with my Accurascale JSA wagons. Going to look great behind a DB 60.

Great job Cav and Alex.

B04C4898-B60F-40FC-841B-39A142E96A32.jpeg

519EAE8A-059A-46B1-93DD-8F1FA0D81139.jpeg

• Like 7