Cavalex Models All new RTR BBA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

17 minutes ago, GordonC said:

Did many BBA's make it into Railfreight Metals sector livery? The couple of photos on Paul Bartletts site only seem to show one wagon

Good morning Gordon,

Our understanding is that only two BBAs received Metals livery, 910265 and 910333.

Links to photos on Paul Bartlett's site:

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/bba/e3c4213cf

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/bba/e27dc5a9d

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

The EWS ones are more than tempting me, if I were to get any others which ones would fit into 2010-2018 era brackets, or wouldn't it matter because of how I'd need to weather them? As I know I need to add some to both the flats and the coil rakes I have.

BSC Lackenby slab / bloom pool , these worked to BSC Shelton , BSC Workington , BSC Scunthorpe , BSC Skinningrove , within the pool a small amount of BBA wagons worked to BSC Hartlepool with coil , later a dedicated pool was formed for the coil traffic ( these are coded ISHRCL in the TOPS report) Dated 1988

bba lack.jpg

bba lack 2.jpg

bba lack 3.jpg

Edited by bazjones1711
  • Informative/Useful 2

BSC Scunthorpe to BSC Lackenby slab pool .361058965_scunslab.jpg.42776822f34a3dbe13b2a6472d4f3d56.jpg

BBA and BAA slab wagon pool TOPS report from 1988. This is the pool for the slab traffic that ran from BSC Scunthorpe to BSC Lackenby , not seen many pictures of this train , those that i have seen are class 56 and pairs of class 20's as i assume this was a Frodingham duty. To model this train formation , i have worked out that the consist was usually about 10 wagons being a mixture of both types of wagon. By looking at the report it gives us thus :

Consist at 23.25 : ( empty )

BAA 900003 , 170 , 175 , 184 , 205 , 266 , 304 .

BBA 910092 , 309 , 511.

Total 10 wagons

Consist at 20.20 : ( loaded )

BAA 900017 , 020 , 088 , 113 , 150 , 171 , 173 .

BBA 910011 , 169 .

Total 9 wagons

Consist at 00.20 : ( empty )

BAA 900132 , 139 , 161 , 236 , 241 , 259 ,288 , 299 , 300 .

BBA 910577.

Total 10 wagons .

• Informative/Useful 2

Pool for the BAA and BBA from Grimsby

All the BBA in the pool had wooden cradles , the BAA had a mixture of wooden and the early type metal cradle , of these i know 900090 , 900118 and 900193 had these fitted sidewards and 900172 had them longitudinal.

21121 is the code for Grimsby dock

25208 is BSC SPACE at Tinsley where the coil was unloaded

baa grim.jpg

• Informative/Useful 2

Hello everyone,

Colin, Mike and myself at Rainbow Railways are absolutely delighted to be able to stock Cavalex Models with the General release BBA’s and BLA’s now available on our website to preorder. No payment is necessary until they come into stock and VAT is deducted for international orders. 

They are already proving popular. If you missed out on the first batch I will have one of my own models from the first batch on display when we open our new shop in Linlithgow next week. 

For details of our shop opening and to order please visit our website:

https://rainbowrailways.co.uk/new-products/

Thanks

Mark

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hmrspaul said:

What the H..l is that? Please explain the Facebook link. 

This is the correct link https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/bba/e3e24d6c

Paul

I have corrected the link , so I do apologise , I have used links only to your wagons photographs on my Modelling Railfreight Metals Facebook group for members to click and follow , no photographs  have been published or copied onto the group , I inadvertently copied the link from the Facebook group onto this  RM Web page ,  I apologise for any upset I may have caused . I have included a screenshot of the links I post for wagon posts on the group .

Regards Barrie 

Screenshot_20210421-232524.png

Edited by bazjones1711
  • Thanks 1

I've checked a few websites and the Cavalex page, but can't see any of the EWS livery versions anywhere, so I can place an order. Anyone got an idea where I can order them from. And there's none at all available on the Cavalex webpage only the TEA tankers. 

Edited by Tony Walker
Added a bit more on

1 hour ago, Tony Walker said:

I've checked a few websites and the Cavalex page, but can't see any of the EWS livery versions anywhere, so I can place an order. Anyone got an idea where I can order them from. And there's none at all available on the Cavalex webpage only the TEA tankers. 

Hi Tony,

The links to all of the retailers stocking the BBAs are on the BBA update on the blog. The EWS ones are available exclusively to @KMS Railtech - link to the order page is here: https://www.kmsrailtech.co.uk/422-bbabla-wagon

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Will

48 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Might sound like a silly question, but are any of these models how they are now? I.e. they look a bit like the bauxite at the moment but I don't know if this just they are really weathered/rusted EWS or just with no relevant models

Good evening Tom, thank you for your question.

The Plain Brown version is a generic base colour for a dirty/rusty version of the wagon. The idea behind these are really to represent a base to a weathered finish more often as seen today. 

As you mention the wagons are in a very dirty, grimy and rusty state these days!

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Southwich said:

Hi Tony,

The links to all of the retailers stocking the BBAs are on the BBA update on the blog. The EWS ones are available exclusively to @KMS Railtech - link to the order page is here: https://www.kmsrailtech.co.uk/422-bbabla-wagon

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Will

Thanks Will, I'll get some ordered now.

15 hours ago, Grimleygrid said:

Good evening Tom, thank you for your question.

The Plain Brown version is a generic base colour for a dirty/rusty version of the wagon. The idea behind these are really to represent a base to a weathered finish more often as seen today. 

As you mention the wagons are in a very dirty, grimy and rusty state these days!

Hope that helps.

You can judge for yourself how this works. 

One of the newly painted EWS wagons https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/bba/e8c736f1c

And the same wagon about 21 years later https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/bba/eadabf131 (and a series of details). There is no sign the basic EWS colour had been overpainted; all the main writing remains identical, but DB have overpainted some parts and the maintenance panels have, of course, been updated. 

Paul

• Informative/Useful 1

Agreed Paul, no one is saying they are overpainted, the brown is to allow an easier weathering job rather than trying to get EWS maroon to look like a rusty 21 year old brown finish. Having crawled all over these at Scunthorpe when doing the model there was no sign at all of the maroon finish, or any other finish for that matter, they previously had.

Edited by RBE
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Down_Under said:

Just to confirm, the Bauxite coloured ones would be correct for 1976 until rail freight livery was introduced? 

Good morning Down_Under, yes the Bauxite livery would be the correct livery for 1976 and prior to Railfreight livery being introduced.

I’m pleased to say that in addition to stocking the 13 variants announced in the general release, we will also have three previously unavailable versions of Railfreight BBA, exclusive to Trains4U.

BBA 910045

Railfreight red and black, large central BR Railfreight logo and round buffers

67F61CB2-B379-4B0A-9038-4837B07A5C59.png.d41d7899f9a9539fafde13b1b3cc4f62.png

BBA 910342

Railfreight red and black, large central BR Railfreight logo with white infill and rectangular buffers

CAE01D68-7521-46EF-B2FA-F03BDB15FCAF.png.89b3ac796b10432804a4219d7d199618.png

BBA 910163

plain Railfreight black and red, no logos, rectangular buffers

C6AC00D7-661C-4289-BC45-4ED3520A2E20.png.a67665ad12428830cc0985a7f1067f6a.png

We are not set up to take card details for pre orders, but we will open an order form shortly to allow you to register an order for any of the 16 versions.

Edited by Trains4U
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Been away for a while, missed the first batch and wondered if anyone is selling any of the Railfreight models (Rails' triple packs or the general release ones)? I can guess the answer but might as well ask.

Please send a private message if you do. Thanks,

Edited by faa77

Hi, several retailers will be stocking the Railfreight liveried wagons from the second batch which is due to go into production shortly. Trains 4U in the previous post and Rails being two of them.

On 14/05/2021 at 08:09, RBE said:

Hi, several retailers will be stocking the Railfreight liveried wagons from the second batch which is due to go into production shortly. Trains 4U in the previous post and Rails being two of them.

Hi, thanks. Yeah i'll order those. I just wanted to try and get the models from the first batch too.

Edited by faa77