Cavalex Models All new RTR BBA wagon in 4mm scale

Grimleygrid

Sorry for not answering this.

We have not finalised the liveries yet on these. The render was done with out the edge stripe but it may be a case of choosing from a few livery variations. As I said though nothing has been finalised at this point.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also submitted my pre-order request, didn't hear anything back yet though as an acknowledgement. Just wondering if six is going to be enough?  :dontknow:

Depends how many BDA and BAA you already have, :onthequiet:  they worked very mixed. Saw a 41 bogie wagon train through York Saturday week ago - a good mix and all looking their c40 years of age!

Good luck to Cavalex. They look nice for an historical model.

Paul

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/bba

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Like 1

Sorry for not answering this.

We have not finalised the liveries yet on these. The render was done with out the edge stripe but it may be a case of choosing from a few livery variations. As I said though nothing has been finalised at this point.

Have the pre-orders reached a point where you can say whether there will be a second Railfreight livery/design-variant?

Can we pay the pre-order deposit using Paypal?

Edited by faa77

• 2 weeks later...

Have the pre-orders reached a point where you can say whether there will be a second Railfreight livery/design-variant?

Can we pay the pre-order deposit using Paypal?

Apologies, but could someone answer this? Thanks (in advance)

Hi Al,

The brown livery isn't so much a livery as a generic base colour for a rusted version of the wagon.

Here the prototype one is seen in this condition in 1980 (albeit with some of the stancions in red on this example), its sister wagon to the left is also like this so is not unique to the prototype.

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/bba/h215AA1FB#h3758edbd

This EWS version in 2015 also sports the brown look. This may half answer your EWS related question in that the brown livery can be used to create a modern day set.

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/bba/h215AA1FB#h91c88fc8

Indeed this is how the rakes looked at scunthorpe last year when myself and Alex visited there to photograph and measure the them.

post-6894-0-13350500-1548659389_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-26868300-1548659900_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-27596400-1548659940_thumb.jpg

So just to clarify, these are really to represent a base colour to a weathered finish more often as seen today rather than a livery par se, but is applicable to the all eras of these wagons.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Cav

• Like 1