Cityscape/Georgia Lane

ECML180

Hello,

This attempt at a layout is really but from the odds and ends lying around!

It will be built permenantly in the garage and the baseboards will be an inverted 'L' shape with the top of the 'L' nearest the garage door, this is formed by the main board, 4x8 foot. This will have a 4 platform station with 2 through lines and 2 terminating lines. Each will be able to hold a 5 car Voyager DMU. Terminal platforms have points for running a loco round some coaches, these platforms will be on the outside so a loco must pass it's coaches, cross to the opposing line,reverse, travel into the through platform, reverse, before reaching the small stabling sidings.

The through lines (leaving the station from the 2 platform end) continue 'into the city' or to be correct through 180 degrees and hidden pass around the back into a (currently unbuilt) fiddle yard. The other end (through platforms and entry/exit to/from terminal platforms) continues 'to the suburbs' and 'the countryside'. At the back of the board is a city-centre freight yard, delivering mainly containers for transfer to lorries or local factories/suppliers/etc. It will have an attatched TMD.

I will upload diagrams and more info later tonight smile.gif

The stock intended is

(n) is the number of coaches per set wink.gif

158 TPE (3)

153 Central (1)

170 Central (2)

66 GBRf

56 EWS

37 EWS

221 Virgin (5)

It will be DCC and will use as many LEDs as possible! Streetlamps, car lights, etc! Look out for cameos too! Including Abbey Road, Mr Bean and many others! smile.gif

Thanks for reading!

-ECML180

Here is the current trackplan.

Red lines are lower level track, blue are higher level. On the far right, the track is inclined so the trains travel both levels.

The long line at the top of the image will house a fiddle yard.

A few pictures to follow soon!

The station from the entrane to the terminal roads(the two2 furthest right)

post-7086-127187418929.jpg

221130 posed by a retaining arch(wills of course)

post-7086-127187425341.jpg

2 views of thestation fromthe freight yard(high track at the top of the trackplan)

post-7086-127187427248.jpg

post-7086-127187428619.jpg

He is the trackplan that refused to turnup in he last post rolleyes.gif

post-7086-127187379328.png

hey

look like another great layout on it way :)

"What good would a model Pope be on a modern image North East layout?"

well he may be coming to uk soon i heard some where lol

u could got for the queen and get the royal train for her:)

rob

hey

look like another great layout on it way smile.gif

u could got for the queen and get the royal train for her:)

rob

I hear he's partial to a bit of Brown Ale...

Abbey Road and Mr Bean?

Don't forget that Preiser do #28060, the Pope smile.gif

http://www.gaugemast...sp?code=PR28060

That's going on the wish list! :)

What good would a model Pope be on a modern image North East layout? laugh.gif

hey

look like another great layout on it way smile.gif

To fit in with the current politics, I may have to buy some policeman figures then! :P

I hear he's partial to a bit of Brown Ale...

I'll put him near a pub then!

That's going on the wish list! smile.gif

No need to wish, Gaugemaster stock it - him? - and less than a fiver.

I have a model Pope still in his plastic box waiting to figure out quite what to do with him, at the moment both arms are up in a 'blessing the crowd' position but I'm tempted to move one arm down so the Pope is straightarming whatever departs my station...

The pope has so many possibilities!

The latest update is only a small one with our local handyman putting up a new baseboard section, I left my dad with detailed plans(in inches so he could understand) this outlined a multi-level board (for a river...okay and a hidden nuclear bunkerwink.gif), with a lower section at near left, a higher section near right and two higher sections farleft and farright, only problem was that I got home from school with a 4ft square table left outside. rolleyes.gif Thankfully this will just fit until the correct boards are build and then it can be pushed to the corner to form 180 degree turn(bottom right on the trackplan)

Keeping calm and carrying on

-ECML

A few hours were spent fiddling in the garage today altering the TMD to include as many strange points as possible, a quick change to the trackplan will help a bit of description.

post-7086-127222159959.png

Area 1:

The TMD, now with unusual point settings, and I will hopefully be able to show a better trackplan of this area...

Area 2: The new motorway bridge to form the city(left) and country(right)'s scenic break-not original I know but ...ah well!

Area 3:

The green line represents a lowered baseboard (if it ever is made :/ ) with a footpath along a lifted double track with a derelict siding that is consumed by bushes towards the end. Looking at my slightly surreal cameos you would think that this would be some mad scheme...well it is! laugh.gif

The bushes will be motorised and through use of a reed switch will automatically separate to let DRS locos collect nuclear flasks from within the ground(who knows what goes on in there!)

Area 4 is an automatically operated siding that allows a 'downward' train cross the other line and also provides a crossing for the return loop in theory, but it will probably not outlive the current sunshine we are having up north!

Next weekend is a large athletic meeting and if I get a PB I earn £40...so fingers crossed I'll have a ViTrains DRS 37 to play with!

KBO wink.gif

-ECML

Small update for now! I have been devising names during the above mentioned athletics meet(8 hours in freezing hail in a tent-what would you do?). The sidings at the back of the layout are now named 'Georgia Lane' after a good friend, this will be under DRS signage but will accept many operators locos! The attached TMD will be EWS(not yet DBS) and will probably be along the same lines, maybe 'Georgia Lane TMD'. I am still stuck for station names especially for the main station(lower left of area 1 in the above trackplan) but the smaller station may be called 'Hatfield & Stainforth' after a station where I have many happy memories :D

I am thinking of adding a very small station in the sidings as an alternative terminus for 153 and pacers, my question to you is do you have any name suggestions or thoughts on the extra station?

-ECML

• 2 weeks later...

Not much happening but the plan now is to buy track and work on the scenics of completed sections. this means creating the backscene(maybe some kit-bashing ;) ) and alot of printed models, if anyone has any faves feel free to share them :)

Still at it!

-ECML

Archived