BRM December '18 - LAYOUT SPECIAL

SteveCole

• Administrators

The print copy goes on-sale on November 8th.

post-14186-0-22780100-1541157539_thumb.jpg

Here's what's inside this month's LAYOUT SPECIAL...

On this month's BRM TV

* Layout: Uppingham - skilful scenic modelling set in Rutland

* Layout Special - 4 more great model railways

* 4mm scale 3D-printed footbridge kit of test

* Behind the scenes at Gaugemaster's weekend event

Inside this month's LAYOUT SPECIAL: 10 inspiration layouts

Bournemouth West (OO)

Annesley Woodhouse (OO)

Portsea (TT)

Compass Point (OO9)

Uppingham (TT)

Six Quarters (OO)

TGB Metal Recyclers (O)

Thakeham Tiles (0-14)

Scratchy Bottom Halt (Gn15)

Knot Littlefield (N)

News, reviews and more...

Inbox - reader layouts and letters to the team

Prototype Inspiration - a look at the real Rutland location of Uppingham

Selling Old Layouts 

Interview: Vectis Auctions

This month's Product News

DCCconcepts Point Rodding

Bachmann Conflat 'A'

Marklin My World

Revolution IZA Cargowaggon Vans

New Build Novelty Card Kits

TMC Wagon Loads

New Books

Tail Lamp

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I'm currently a paper version subscriber, but I have been vaguely considering going digital for a while, but having just perused the Pocket Mags site via the link, I'm somewhat bemused to learn that a 6 monthly digital subscription (per year) is a whole fiver less than a year's subscription. Am I alone in finding that rather bizarre?

Edited by whinge-n-moan

• RMweb Gold

I mentioned a while ago that the prices seem to be out of whack on there - I've a feeling someone did half a job on updating them. If you look on the Pocketmags app the prices makes more sense.

• Administrators

I'm currently a paper version subscriber, but I have been vaguely considering going digital for a while, but having just perused the Pocket Mags site via the link, I'm somewhat bemused to learn that a 6 monthly digital subscription (per year) is a whole fiver less than a year's subscription. Am I alone in finding that rather bizarre?

The Digital Edition of BRM includes a mass of extra video footage and often comes with extra images and bonus articles and/or magazines. It's a bigger product compared to the print version.

• RMweb Gold

The Digital Edition of BRM includes a mass of extra video footage and often comes with extra images and bonus articles and/or magazines. It's a bigger product compared to the print version.

If you look at the offers, you will see that 6 month digital subscription is 19.99, and a 12 month DIGITAL subscription is 44.99.

I'll leave you to do the maths...☺

Edited by whinge-n-moan

If you look at the offers, you will see that 6 month digital subscription is 19.99, and a 12 month DIGITAL subscription is 44.99.

I'll leave you to do the maths...☺

Can’t do the maths - none of us know how much the second 6-month subscription will cost. It might well be 25.99 for all we know, making the annual equivalent 45.98. Sometimes there’s an offer of just 1.99 for a single month. Does that equate to 23.98 for the next 12 months? I don’t think so.

• RMweb Gold

Can’t do the maths - none of us know how much the second 6-month subscription will cost. It might well be 25.99 for all we know, making the annual equivalent 45.98. Sometimes there’s an offer of just 1.99 for a single month. Does that equate to 23.98 for the next 12 months? I don’t think so.

I was clearing up a misapprehension of Steve Cole's that I was equating the paper subscription with the digital, no more than that. As far as your comment is concerned, there is nothing on the PocketMags website to suggest the prices are 'special offers'.

• RMweb Gold

Maybe you only get six issues with the six month subscription and 13 issues with the 12 month subscription. 

Perhaps you should read Steve Cole's last post... the six monthly subscription continues at 19.99 until you cancel... aah, I see your point... good question.

But having looked again, the 6 monthly still works out cheaper, at 3.08 per issue as opposed to 3.46

I suspect that you won't actually miss an issue!

Edited by whinge-n-moan

• RMweb Premium

My subscription printed copy was delivered by the Royal Mail this morning and a quick 15 minutes looking through makes me think this edition is going to be very well thumbed over the next few weeks. Lots of interesting articles and some very nice photos. Well done to all the team who have worked so hard for our enjoyment.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My subscription printed copy was delivered by the Royal Mail this morning and a quick 15 minutes looking through makes me think this edition is going to be very well thumbed over the next few weeks. Lots of interesting articles and some very nice photos. Well done to all the team who have worked so hard for our enjoyment.

I'll grab the postbox key and see if mine has arrived.

No, just the usual Monday junk mail.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell

• Moderators

Just had a chance to watch the dvd which has some excellent footage of a number of layouts plus other interesting pieces.

Thanks Chris, it's nice to hear positive feedback. For those of you who'd like to see a glimpse of what's on the DVD, take a look at the below:

post-8492-0-20215700-1541496246_thumb.jpg

It's a layout special! Take a look at four exciting layouts in the December edition of BRM TV, exclusive to BRM digital and print subscribers. We take a look at the 3mm gauge layout Uppingham, plus, Howard Smith tests a OO gauge 3D-printed footbridge kit and goes behind the scenes at Gaugemaster's model railway event.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Howard, please could you confirm that newsstand print customers will be getting the DVD this time?

Failing that, would there be any chance of some spare copies of the DVD - and last month's one - finding their way to "Warley" in a few weekends' time?

Many thanks,

Huw.

• RMweb Premium

I took out the £1.99 a month sub back in March.  It's on auto renew and since then that's what I've continued to pay, every month.

DT

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps you should read Steve Cole's last post... the six monthly subscription continues at 19.99 until you cancel... aah, I see your point... good question.

But having looked again, the 6 monthly still works out cheaper, at 3.08 per issue as opposed to 3.46

I suspect that you won't actually miss an issue!

If it helps, I know exactly what you mean, as I looked into it when I resubscribed. At the time it made more sense for me to subscribe via Apple on the iPhone rather than do it via Pocketmags on their website. There would be no reason to take out the 12 month subscription if the cost per issue is cheaper on the 6 month subscription. 

On a different point, really enjoyed this month. :)

J

• Moderators

Howard, please could you confirm that newsstand print customers will be getting the DVD this time?

Failing that, would there be any chance of some spare copies of the DVD - and last month's one - finding their way to "Warley" in a few weekends' time?

Many thanks,

Huw.

Huw, PM'd...

• RMweb Gold

Just had a chance to watch the dvd which has some excellent footage of a number of layouts plus other interesting pieces.

Lucky old you! My DVD does not work - third time that this has happened. I wonder if something about the Royal Mail handling system is causing damage.

• Moderators

Lucky old you! My DVD does not work - third time that this has happened. I wonder if something about the Royal Mail handling system is causing damage.

Joseph - PM me your address and I'll get a replacement sent out.

Best,

Howard