Colliery Inglenook & Loco shed...

Ralf

• RMweb Gold

Hi All, 

Maybe this will be the start of great things... Want to build a layout that's approx 4ft x 2ft in OO, going to use C&L trackwork for lightweight flat bottom rail. Layout is designed to provide amusement shunting wagons and watching locos come to and fro from the shed (which is indulgently large I know). It's kinda based on elements from Cynheidre Colliery. Loosely based in the steam / diesel crossover period for the NCB for maximum excuses to run what I like, not designed as an exhibition layout (I don't drive) but it'll be self standing or on brackets at the back and legs at the front so it's possible! 

Any tips, advice etc on the proposed track plan would be much appreciated... I don't think I need to go on about anything else hopefully the plan will do the talking...

Cheers

Ralf

post-52-0-19655900-1541442036_thumb.png

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This looks great, I've been thinking of something similar on a four by two board I have.

Have you looked at the books on industrial loco sheds,

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/136995-industrial-railway-locomotive-sheds-a-third-selection-by-adrian-booth/

some marvellous prototype inspiration there!

All the best,

Keith

• 2 months later...

Hi Ralf,

I would be tempted to have access maybe via short casstte type arrangement to allow things to "leave" via the sheds. Also giving the feel of the sheds being bigger than the perceived depth.

id be tempted to tackle the track via copper clad  which could fit well with your flatbottom industrial feel.

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ralf,

We had an inclined NG roadway (actually railway, but the terminology is correct) across from the Big Pit complex. It's all bricked up now. However, we had a large ropeway coming up from pit bottom, of which the remains are still extant. The proposed 3-road shed reminds me of Mountain Ash, so I'll be very interested how you get on.

Happy modelling,

Ian.

Edited by tomparryharry