Scout Green Level Crossing

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like simple; more is less. Especially in 7mm scale where the actual locos and stock do the talking. How much would we all give to spend an afternoon at somewhere like Scout Green back in the glory days?

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 15:05, Poggy1165 said:

How much would we all give to spend an afternoon at somewhere like Scout Green back in the glory days?

As a girl before WW1 my Grandmother used to come home from school make sandwiches and take them to her father at Bourne End signal box towards the south end of the WCML, sitting on the box steps to eat her own. When I asked her about this she said that she thought that the engines were black, but that she had not taken much notice.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

I had just posted on my own layout thread about hunting for the site of this crossing. I went up there today with a friend and the memsahib on our motorcycles and parked up on Scotties Bridge to have a map read. Whilst looking for a picture of the signal box, I found your thread.

This is the type of model that I have to revisit several times at an exhibition.

It truly is a case of less is more and the prototype is an inspiration no matter what part of the country interests you.

It occurred to me whilst we were up there that three vintage motorcycles on a model railway bridge would make a change from a model bus! ;)

• Like 1