Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Results - The Wishlist Poll 2018

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully before The Team need to press the button for the 2019 poll, expressions of interest in GT3 will have reached a level where manufacture is assured. GT3 is even more oddball than its near-contemporaries Lion, Falcon and then Kestrel, all of which have been found to be of interest in 4mm. And GT3 has the additional bonus of looking like a streamlined steam loco, too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hopefully before The Team need to press the button for the 2019 poll, expressions of interest in GT3 will have reached a level where manufacture is assured. GT3 is even more oddball than its near-contemporaries Lion, Falcon and then Kestrel, all of which have been found to be of interest in 4mm. And GT3 has the additional bonus of looking like a streamlined steam loco, too.

Hello Ian

Agreed.

The Poll Team is always keen to state in our 'Purpose' that voting in The Poll is for items voters would realistically wish to buy if made. Whilst we never 'take sides' with any maker/commissioner, we wish anyone the best of luck with such entrepreneurial ventures. And the same for Accurascale etc.

I will re-state this if and when the GT3 project goes ahead, but she has been High Polling in 2013, 2014 and 2015; was just one vote outside The Top 50 in 2016; and has now gone into the upper half of The Top 50 in the 2018 Results.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Hattons have just announced the Plasser YOB Telescopic Jib Crane. All the best to them with yet another product.

The Crane entered The Poll for the first time in 2013 and was voted at the bottom of the High Polling segment of the General Railway Service category. Since then, it has wavered between bottom of High Polling and top of Middle. It was once again towards the high end of Middle in the 2018 Results and well above the halfway point of the 778 listed items.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Rails of Sheffield has just announced a NER Electric Autocar.

Sadly, this wasn't listed in The Poll this year, but was to have been in  2019! (We do list the LNER Sentinel Railcar which has always been high.)

Hello everyone

Sadly, this wasn't listed in The Poll this year, but was to have been in  2019! (We do list the LNER Sentinel Railcar which has always been high.)

Oh!   Do catch up you Poll Guys!

:)

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Blimey - they read my post (No.142) in this thread.  

Now what shall I try for next? (And it won't be WR 15XX because it's all too easy to get it wrong for reasons I won't elaborate here).  So I'll play a safety shot and go for gas turbine 10800.

• Like 1

Is this person someone I should have heard of?

This just looks very similar to the O gauge Twins web page - not the same person I know but there isn't a lot in this new website other than an initial £50 deposit if the EOI reach a break even level (which is interesting given there is no price).

• RMweb Gold

Hello Woodenhead

I'm sorry to say that I can't specifically help you here, other than to say that the project has been previewed for some months now and that there is an article in - I think - a recent Hornby Magazine.

Further to that, I gather there will be more information released at (from?) Warley.

Is this person someone I should have heard of?

This just looks very similar to the O gauge Twins web page - not the same person I know but there isn't a lot in this new website other than an initial £50 deposit if the EOI reach a break even level (which is interesting given there is no price).

Its apparently going to be launched properly at Warley

Hello Gordon

Many thanks for your appreciation which is welcomed.

We always review the cut-off date each year and it was always on the cards that it would move forward from 2020 - the difficulty then is that it brings in many more items that many simply won't need to vote for. We'll have complaints that we have listed what is available but not what isn't. There are about 25 items announced each year. We do our utmost to fill those gaps with new items.

The Heljan Class 86 was a 2010 release. If we moved forward 10 years, we'd have another c.250 items in The Poll - and then people would say they can't find what they wanted to vote for. (And that doesn't take into account that Andy York would have 25% more work to do and the Results would be massive).

An 'anomaly' to you - a logistical nightmare to us.

The Class 86 and Flush Fronts are already on the Agenda as I always react to suggestions. 

Looks like today's announcement by Heljan of a new Class 86 model hopefully means there won't be a need to have a debate at Wishlist Towers on whether to put it on the list!

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

You have no doubt seen that Revolution Trains and Kernow have announced versions of the MMA and JNA Box Wagons.

Sadly, neither of these were in our 2018 Poll, but both were scheduled in for 2019!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello again everyone

I forgot to say that we concentrated on getting a few more items in the Pre-grouping fields in 2018. That led us to 'running on overload' so a number of items were stabled pending use in 2019.

Without going into detail, I can say that the category Freight: 1964-current was already scheduled for expansion.

Brian (in behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

Firstly, thanks to everyone involved for the work and time put into this; I bet it isn't as easy as you made it look!  It is worth doing from 2 points of view as far as I am concerned, firstly to show me how much I am out of touch (more than I thought) and secondly of course to attempt to get the manufacturers to give us what we think we want rather than what they think we want.

I got some things right, the 120 and 123 dmus, and some wrong, the low placing of pre 1928 auto trailers and non-appearance of non gangwayed GW coaching stock that isn't a B set and the 116 dmu.

Can we have a category next year for stuff not yet delivered despite being promised for the last 5 years by Bachmann, to be made by other companies who might actually be able to get a model to market in my lifetime?

Yes, I agree with you bout GWR non-gangwayed stock. The term ‘B set’ is nowadays almost cast in stone as being the only representative of GWR suburban-type stock.

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Team member Robert Carroll visited Warley yesterday and was able to report on one of the matters outstanding; we still can't confirm whether GT3 is a firm project or 'expressions of interest' though.

He was able to confirm that Dapol has, in fact, 'officially announced' the GWR Streamlined Parcels Car W17W.

The vehicle has always been Middle Polling but has slowly crept up towards the higher echelons of the segment and is round about the half-way mark in the overall 778 listed.

All the best to Dapol for a successful model, sample prints of which have been advertised and seen at Warley.

• Like 1

...The term ‘B set’ is nowadays almost cast in stone as being the only representative of GWR suburban-type stock.

Alternatively perhaps 'B' grateful that along with several other gross oversimplifications* this is what made the GWR a good commercial subject when there was much less money about, so that the supply of RTR models was far more generous than for elsewhere?

*All branchlines were operated by a 14xx and autocoach.

All 0-6-0T were indistinguishable panniers.

All Welsh tank engines were indistinguishable 0-6-2T.

All mainline passenger power was indistinguishable 4-6-0s.

All heavy freight power was indistinguishable 2-8-0s.

All branchline termini were indistinguishable from Ashburton.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Alternatively perhaps 'B' grateful that along with several other gross oversimplifications* this is what made the GWR a good commercial subject when there was much less money about, so that the supply of RTR models was far more generous than for elsewhere?

Hey! Stop copying me! That's my train set you've been talking about!

Anyway, I like to ring the changes. I'll change the pannier to run bunker first....

Now, where's my Triang clerestories....?

S.C. Rooge.

• RMweb Gold

Certainly my understanding. Based on decades of reading magazines!
  • Like 3

Certainly my understanding. Based on decades of reading magazines!

There seems to be a lot of GWR 4-6-0s in Hattons Sale of the Century and more than 10 left of each model. This may suggest that more models have been supplied than there is a demand for and it may influence the manufacturers to produce fewer GWR models in the future.

There seems to be a lot of GWR 4-6-0s in Hattons Sale of the Century and more than 10 left of each model. This may suggest that more models have been supplied than there is a demand for and it may influence the manufacturers to produce fewer GWR models in the future.

Or perhaps it might indicate people have got enough GWR 4-6-0s and maybe would like something GWR that is not a 4-6-0?

• Like 6