Flangeway Snowploughs - 2019 plans

Richard Barnett

Hi all,

We are looking to release another batch of the highly successful Independent Snowplough in 2019 and before we finalise our choices, is there a specific livery modellers would like to see.

The current liveries include:

• Plain black as built - this allows the plough to be used in a steam era layout depicting the latter years of steam on British Railway.
  • Black with chevrons - 1965 onwards
  • Old Oak Common blue
  • Network Rail - subject to agreement
  • Scottish version - Westie dog motiff

That's current plan, however this is subject to change. If anyone has any thoughts - please do let us know.

Thank you, 

Richard and Derek. 

Footplate of Kidderminster 

post-30982-0-20734600-1541683151_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Hurrah, :yahoo:  been gagging for a pair of these for some time. Good move given that they've been going for nearly £90 on Ebay.

Scottish versions for me please :)

Given they run in pairs perhaps twin packs of relevant numbers/liveries? Given there are plenty of relevant RTR loco's available to sit in between them this might make sense from a sales perspective?

• Like 1

A very welcome announcement considering the scarcity of the models; I’m sure they’ll sell like hot cakes again.

I’d like to see the Network Rail version again. Maybe twin packs could be sold as they mainly run in top and tail formation today...I can’t say whether they used to in BR days but I’d certainly buy a pair so this would prove economical for the modeller and convenient for the company.

Regarding lights, I’m sure this could be accommodated but I feel it would cause the RRP to rocket and also cause a headache to redesign the chassis. Personally I’d add lights myself, but maybe a conversion pack could be offered or a choice of with/without lights for those who want lights as supplied and those who don’t or what to add their own.

I look forward to more developments! :yes:

Jack.

• Like 1

Can you upgrade the tooling with lighting?

Will you give a discount for pre-orders

Eastfield or Inverness blue for me thanks....

Would upgrading to lighting not necessitate a complete new model/tooling? To fit lights, decoder socket and pickups would push the price up considerably. I think the original post was only talking about a re-issue of the existing tooling.