Flangeway Snowploughs - 2019 plans

Richard Barnett

On 04/11/2019 at 13:06, newbryford said:

Just received an email from Footplate/Flangeway saying they are now in production.

:)

Hi all,

Yes. Indeed they are at last! 

Sorry for the lack of news but we’ve had to sample the ploughs 3 times which seriously hindered progress. 

They are now in production and will be with us in December in time for Christmas! 

Tooling changes are ongoing for the Salmon wagon and an update will follow on this in the coming weeks.

all the best, Rich 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 5

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2019 at 21:44, Richard Barnett said:

Hi all,

Yes. Indeed they are at last! 

Sorry for the lack of news but we’ve had to sample the ploughs 3 times which seriously hindered progress. 

They are now in production and will be with us in December in time for Christmas! 

Tooling changes are ongoing for the Salmon wagon and an update will follow on this in the coming weeks.

all the best, Rich 

Are we still on for a Christmas delivery or is it looking more likely to be the New Year.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We can confirm that Snowploughs are now finally in stock and we will shortly be dispatching them.

Unforeseen delays unfortunately hindered progress, however we are now able to ‘plough’ on to ensure that everyone’s model railways are prepared for the forthcoming snow...

C763C96C-A7EF-48CB-AF16-FF921CBE7516.jpeg

• Like 10

A pair of network rail ploughs turned up this morning..... Nice looking model, might have to get a bit of painting done though, the white outlines around the 6 climbing holes??? on the production model have gone. and I want to add the black and yellow markings at the front on the bottom.

20200115_114738.jpg

20200115_114754.jpg

20200115_114931.jpg

• Like 2

I received my pair yesterday with the morning post...well worth the wait! They capture the look of these unusual pieces of kit very well. Like Mick, I’ve got a few improvements and additions earmarked for my NR pair, to create an ex-works pair as they are when they leave Derby RTC after overhaul.

A nice touch was the little note inside from the owner to say sorry for the delay. It’s not often you get an acknowledgement like that, and whilst the delay didn’t affect me in the slightest it was a nice touch for those who expected the models before Christmas. Even Father C has to deal with production delays and communications with the East nowadays! :no:

Great work from Flangeway/Footplate for producing another run of these unique models.

Jack.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 11 months later...
On 08/11/2018 at 13:23, Scottish-Exile said:

I've got a pair already and love them. The 'Ayr' plough as I was based there and an Eastfield one to keep it company. Great little models.

What numbers did those two carry and are they pre scotty dog era?

Edited by w124bob

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

Went to the Folkestone show yesterday & picked up Snow King & Snow Queen ‘pimped up’ in Railfreight General livery.

These are excellent model’s & will look even better with some light weathering below the sole bar.

The real snow ploughs in this livery were based at Tinsley, Sheffield in the late 1980’s/early 1990’s therefore these models will make a great addition to my fleet.

D954C5AF-C180-4016-AA56-CDF09CAADA50.jpeg

Edited by CB Rail
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I’m thinking of getting a pair of these Independent snowploughs and lettering them for the pair I saw at Norwich (ADB965208/219). I was a little surprised to see that in the pictures, the models in the era 10 were a dark grey rather than the gloss black.  Before I put my money where my mouth is, could someone just clarify the correct colour for era please.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

I know nothing of your eras. But haven't these always been black. The ones stood around York at the moment are black. I suppose weathered black is grey. 

https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/snowplough

Paul

Not all ploughs were black.

Snow King and Snow Queen were painted in Railfreight colours. (flickr pic)

img24-250 Tinsley TMD - 14/02/1993

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...