Flangeway Snowploughs - 2019 plans

Richard Barnett

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if its possible to convert one into a track cleaning wagon? That would give more reasons to run them.

Yes, that's exactly what I've done with the two I have.  I may post some pics but probably on a more appropriate thread, eg "Modifying and Detailing RTR Stock".

Alasdair

Edit: see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/139373-snow-plough-track-cleaner/

Edited by AJCT
  • Like 1

I wonder if its possible to convert one into a track cleaning wagon? That would give more reasons to run them.

Good point, but wouldn't it spoil their actual snow ploughing ability?  Nothing like an R/C converted Lima class 37 charging a few mm of snow with a big plough...

I'm not interested in any more ploughs as I bought a couple when they came out first.  However, I hope the project sells well so that the Salmon wagons progress to tooling since I get the impression that its free cash to pay for the tooling that has delayed the Salmon.  If they don't move soon, Hattons may move in on this, given that they seem to be producing everything else that's on my wishlist at the moment.

• RMweb Gold

Are these re-releases of one they've done before? Apart from Buxton TMD no way to run a pair without renumbering?

• RMweb Gold

Are these re-releases of one they've done before? Apart from Buxton TMD no way to run a pair without renumbering?

Checked now I'm home and these are new ones, although to get pairs e.g. OOC you needed to have bought one of the earlier versions so not ideal.

Also you will be charged in full now to pre-order.

I’ve duly ordered a pair of Network Rail 'ploughs...I rang the shop and the very friendly staff put the order in. They also informed me of some they'd seen on eBay for £70 EACH, so don’t miss this batch! :no:

Jack.

• RMweb Gold

I’ve duly ordered a pair of Network Rail 'ploughs...I rang the shop and the very friendly staff put the order in. They also informed me of some they'd seen on eBay for £70 EACH, so don’t miss this batch! :no:

Jack.

£70? £80 is the going rate at the moment, probably a useful investment. Currently 2 buyitnow at £80 and one auction at £56, although I suspect bidders may not be aware of the new releases!

Hi all,

We are looking to release another batch of the highly successful Independent Snowplough in 2019 and before we finalise our choices, is there a specific livery modellers would like to see.

The current liveries include:

• Plain black as built - this allows the plough to be used in a steam era layout depicting the latter years of steam on British Railway.
  • Black with chevrons - 1965 onwards
  • Old Oak Common blue
  • Network Rail - subject to agreement
  • Scottish version - Westie dog motiff
That's current plan, however this is subject to change. If anyone has any thoughts - please do let us know.

Thank you, 

Richard and Derek. 

Footplate of Kidderminster

There’s a market waiting for you in 7mm I would suggest. Was sad to sell my two OC items when I changed from OO to O in 2017. Understand the upfront cost implications for you though....maybe one day!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

They obviously opened a BRM account, made 1 post announcing these would be coming out, and haven't posted since. Then it turns out they have released them but not told anyone. Bit odd and Paypal Buyer Protection only lasts 180 days from date of payment so have diarised a check in 5 months time. Hopefully all is fine but a bit more comms would be good.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, not wanting to hijack this thread but it's related so here we go..

We have also commissioned a pair of Flangeway ZZA snowploughs as a limited edition, and I've started a dedicated thread on it including how to order (link below). But briefly, we've chosen a Limited Edition of the Tinsley/Buxton Snow King and Snow Queen in triple grey RFD livery, sold as a boxed pair and limited to 300 pairs. The price will be £80 per pair plus postage. 

If the link below doesn't work, drop me a message.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/141775-flangeway-limited-edition-tinsley-zza-snowploughs-pair/&do=findComment&comment=3450309

post-9660-0-47990100-1548591794_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-12391200-1548591817_thumb.jpg

Alex

• Like 2

Hi folks, not wanting to hijack this thread but it's related so here we go..

We have also commissioned a pair of Flangeway ZZA snowploughs as a limited edition, and I've started a dedicated thread on it including how to order (link below). But briefly, we've chosen a Limited Edition of the Tinsley/Buxton Snow King and Snow Queen in triple grey RFD livery, sold as a boxed pair and limited to 300 pairs. The price will be £80 per pair plus postage.

If the link below doesn't work, drop me a message.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/141775-flangeway-limited-edition-tinsley-zza-snowploughs-pair/&do=findComment&comment=3450309

IMG_6496.jpg

IMG_6490.jpg

Alex

Often been tempted by them when Flangeway did them first time round.

Anyone got dates when the pair were in this livery? There is not much to go on looking in the usual places.

• Like 1

Often been tempted by them when Flangeway did them first time round.

Anyone got dates when the pair were in this livery? There is not much to go on looking in the usual places.

Early 90s. My reference photo is 1993. Very hard to get pictures of!