OO gauge boxfile

• RMweb Gold

After some careful thinking I have decided to make a OO gauge boxfile. The theme will be around a scrap yard Called Hanrattys. The track work will comprise of a Peco point and two standard straights.

Around the inside of the boxfile will be bricked walls with two small bridge tunnels.One for the loco shunting into the boxfile and another for traffic into the scrapyard.

Edited by OOman

• RMweb Gold

This is looking really good. Is that the grounded box car kit that came with this month's railway modeller?

Hello Luke thank you for your reply. You are right about the grounded box car Luke. I will be using this as an office for the scrap yard area of the boxfile.

The scrap bits will be coming from secondhand Airfix models and an old Lesney matchbox car I have.

post-35458-0-35627700-1542058056_thumb.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

Evening some more work completed today. Track and brick card has been glued in place today and hopefully later tonight I will be glueing the sandpaper down. This is to replicate the road and parking on the layout.

The brick wall along the back will have a fire exit door and some pipework for water and electrics to the factory/warehouse.

post-35458-0-68783700-1542215689_thumb.jpeg

post-35458-0-68783700-1542215689_thumb.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

Hi I need some help from our excellent modellers on the forum. I’m a little stuck on what to model on the blank side of my boxfile layout. As you can see I have a box van sitting there. Maybe I can incompase this into the modelling. I have uploaded a picture, any advice will be great.

post-35458-0-56799800-1542267296_thumb.jpeg

Your layout is coming along nicely, I think that the brick walls disguising the fact it's in a box are perfect.

How about a mirror along your blank face, to increase the apparent space within the box? Given the constrained viewing angles of the box I think it would work quite well. You could then build a half-relief yard office against it, pile stuff in front of it, etc.

Either way, I'm enjoying watching this micro layout develop!

• RMweb Gold

TechnicArrow this sounds like a great idea. But what can I use as a mirror to achieve this.

I was thinking of constructing my own wooden goods platform, made from coffee stirrers and adding a half relief goods office. But if I do this I’m stuck on a background to use.;)

• RMweb Gold

Some more work completed on my boxfile. I went with the brick work on the back wall which will be a warehouse loading bay. I will be modelling a platform using wood coffee stirrers for loading goods from and to the warehouse.

As you can see I have placed a fire exit door on the other factory wall and some pipe work. Sandpaper has been laid for the road area into the scrap yard. Still loads to do but having fun.:)

post-35458-0-74110200-1542293116_thumb.jpegpost-35458-0-75630300-1542293156_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon I have made some progress on the warehouse platform using coffee stirrers and staining the wood with coffee. The results are really good but some weathering will be done to produce the right colours on a well used wooden platform.

post-35458-0-45112400-1542552732_thumb.jpegpost-35458-0-83662000-1542552774_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly, I notice you have exactly the same carpet as Nero, mydadstoys, NorthernRail, Removed a/c_ShildonShunter and a couple of others possibly. That’s a bizarre coincidence.

Indeed. I am getting rather fed up of this constant procession of alter egos; it needs to stop once and for all 'Milo'!

You've already wasted a lot of my time before; you have one chance only to sort this out. PM me a list of the accounts you want closed and the one which you wish to use.

• Like 1

Interestingly, I notice you have exactly the same carpet as Nero, mydadstoys, NorthernRail, Removed a/c_ShildonShunter and a couple of others possibly. That’s a bizarre coincidence.

beat you to it, recognised it months ago and messaged the account being used at that time. Baseboard construction exactly the same on all the different accounts too.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

To all the members of the forum. I have made a huge mistake by making up numerous accounts with different names and it’s

disrespectful to all. I have now learned by my stupid mistakes. I will understand if administrators delete me from the forum. All I can say is how sorry I am.

Kevin