RevolutioN announce MMA/JNA in OO

Andy Y

Mmmmmm… MMA from Revolution in 4mm!

IMG_5932.jpg

Revolution Trains is offering the widely used MMA/JNA-T box wagons as its next model aimed at 4mm scale modellers.

More than 500 of these large bogie box wagons are now in service from Cumbria to the south coast, and from East Anglia to South Wales on stone, sand, spoil or other aggregate traffic.

They can be seen in the liveries of railfreight companies DB Cargo and GBRf, as well as VTG, Mendip Rail and Ermewa/Tarmac.

This model follows delivery of the Revolution Trains 4mm TEA tankers and will feature our customary levels of detailing.

The prototype wagons have either 9 or 11 vertical strengthening ribs with or without bodyside doors.  Revolution is offering all four configurations.

The models feature exceptionally high levels of underframe detailing and depict accurate variations in buffers, brake gear and end panels.

The bogies have been designed to be the correct width and facilitate  straightforward conversion to EM or P4 standards.

Versions are also being offered with factory-fitted battery-powered flashing tail lamps.

The model has already been tooled and samples were on display on the Revolution Trains stand at Warley National Model Railway exhibition at the NEC in Birmingham.

Revolution is offering the models in DB Cargo red and Ermewa grey (with and without Tarmac branding), while those in VTG/Mendip Rail silver and GBRf dark blue will be available exclusively from Kernow Model Rail Centre.

Revolution Trains would like to thank DB Cargo and Tarmac for facilitating access to the Barrow Railhead to measure and photograph the wagons.

To encourage early orders Revolution is offering an early-bird price that will increase after six weeks.

IMG_1451.JPG

The models will be produced in these formats and liveries:

MMA               DB Red                                                            9 pillar with side door

JNA-T              Ermewa Grey                                                  9 pillar, no side door

JNA-T              Ermewa Grey + Tarmac branding                 9 pillar, no side door

JNA-T              VTG silver with Mendip branding                 11 pillar, no side door*

JNA-T              GBRf blue                                                       11 pillar with side door*

*Exclusive to Kernow Model Rail Centre.

IMG_5947.jpg

Images attached are of the EP1 sample and some adjustments will be made before production commences – eg ensuring there are no mould sink marks in the buffer heads.

For more information see www.revolutiontrains.com

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Woah look at that underfloor detail! I thought this weeks delivery of RevolutioN's TEAs were tasty, these are a perfect compliment. I shall have to get some of these!

I see Kernow have 'exclusives' on MRL and GBRf liveries, plus some more images here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/139576-kernow-team-up-with-revolution-for-mendip-and-gbrf-jna-t-wagons-in-oo/

• Like 1

Absolutely over the button moon Revolution are producing these. Saw them at Warley today and have to say the wagon is superb and detail is out of this world. Nice little touch that the rear wagon that comes with flashing tail lamp has a “false floor” that covers the pcb! I’ll certainly be ordering a lengthy rake of these to compliment the forth coming 59’s and 66’s.

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know if these grey Ermewa JNAs are the same as the ones that stable in Tonbridge Yard?

From the photo I looked at the answer is yes - obviously check when liveried samples of the model (in that form) are available to be sure.

• RMweb Premium

Versions are also being offered with factory-fitted battery-powered flashing tail lamps.

I'm about to order a rake of DB Liveried MMA's having seen the stunning sample at Warley yesterday.

On the website there are 4 DB versions listed (A, B, C & D) offering 4 different running numbers. All are priced at £37.50 reduced from £41.

From this I am guessing that none of these feature a flashing tail lamp?

I've looked at the other liveries Revolution are doing and again, it seems that they are all just listed as £37.50

With the Kernow exclusive liveries, they have a £49.95 standard and £57.95 for the tail lamp version along with a bulk price for the 4.

Was there anymore info at Warley or can Ben / Mike comment?. There was too much gong on yesterday for me to fully take it all in.

I'll probably order 4 of each wagon A-D to give me a decent rake of 16, but obviously, I only want 1 to be fitted with a tail lamp not 4, if indeed one of these variants  is the tail lamp version.

• RMweb Premium

I'm about to order a rake of DB Liveried MMA's having seen the stunning sample at Warley yesterday.

On the website there are 4 DB versions listed (A, B, C & D) offering 4 different running numbers. All are priced at £37.50 reduced from £41.

From this I am guessing that none of these feature a flashing tail lamp?

I've looked at the other liveries Revolution are doing and again, it seems that they are all just listed as £37.50

With the Kernow exclusive liveries, they have a £49.95 standard and £57.95 for the tail lamp version along with a bulk price for the 4.

Was there anymore info at Warley or can Ben / Mike comment?. There was too much gong on yesterday for me to fully take it all in.

I'll probably order 4 of each wagon A-D to give me a decent rake of 16, but obviously, I only want 1 to be fitted with a tail lamp not 4, if indeed one of these variants is the tail lamp version.

I believe wagon D is tail lamp fitted

• RMweb Gold

Here's the prototype for the DBC MMA.

A couple of minor livery items missing, the wheel profile and measurement at the right (nearest the camera) along with the yellow lines at the ends, with the tilt indicator and the builders plate (next to the bottom of the first pillar in the first photo).

I'm not modelling anymore so posting these purely for interest and reference.

June 2018

post-6662-0-59770800-1543223864_thumb.jpg

April 2018

post-6662-0-18463300-1543224155_thumb.jpg

post-6662-0-19875200-1543224210_thumb.jpg

post-6662-0-15718700-1543224261_thumb.jpg

• Like 1