RevolutioN announce MMA/JNA in OO

Andy Y

Here's the prototype for the DBC MMA.

A couple of minor livery items missing, the wheel profile and measurement at the right (nearest the camera) along with the yellow lines at the ends, with the tilt indicator and the builders plate (next to the bottom of the first pillar in the first photo).

Agree the yellow lines and jacking point markers (I assume that's what you refer to as tilt markers Dave? Little white lines with triangles under them) are missing.

Assuming they're the same as the Mendip boxes, the builders plate is only on one corner from memory, so I don't think it's missing on this side, comparing handbrake orientation

Jo

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Thanks to those who have already ordered the MMAs - which is a fair few!

Just for clarity, the models on shown at Warley were handpainted samples. The livery artwork for the production models features additional markings which were just not practical to add on those displayed.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3

I’ve just added myself to the list of orders. After talking to Ben at Warley and seeing the sample, it’s such a great model and I couldn’t refrain from ordering any longer. Wishing RevolutioN all the best with these and look forward to future products/announcements in OO!

Hello all,

Thanks to those who have already ordered the MMAs - which is a fair few!

Just for clarity, the models on shown at Warley were handpainted samples. The livery artwork for the production models features additional markings which were just not practical to add on those displayed.

cheers

Ben A.

Guys - I think Ben and Mike will get as much detail as possible on the models, and I'm sure Jason will moan again at Gareth, for the models taking up so much time in the tampo printing room!  Every confidence that the MMA's will be a superb job, and a wonderful model, that will follow the pedigree of their TEA.   MMArvelous!  

Regards,

C.

Here's a new decal that's started to be applied to them, who'll be the first to add them to their model? I presume all VTG owned wagons will get them in due course, as the other Mendip wagons are slowly gaining them along with the new JNAs, so could be worth someone like Railtec producing them.

post-6899-0-21766400-1543272692_thumb.jpg

Also there's plenty of weathering potential, the Merehead loaded trains in particular have lots of spillage down the ends, in a distinctive pinky colour. The wagons are quite battered already too, lots of dents and resultant paint peeling. Surprising on such a new fleet, who's brave enough to add the surface dents?

post-6899-0-10688600-1543272872_thumb.jpg

Jo

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Agree the yellow lines and jacking point markers (I assume that's what you refer to as tilt markers Dave? Little white lines with triangles under them) are missing.

Assuming they're the same as the Mendip boxes, the builders plate is only on one corner from memory, so I don't think it's missing on this side, comparing handbrake orientation

Jo

Hi Jo,

I've checked some photos of DBC MMA where I have both sides of the wagon and the builders plate is fitted on both sides.

• RMweb Gold

Guys - I think Ben and Mike will get as much detail as possible on the models, and I'm sure Jason will moan again at Gareth, for the models taking up so much time in the tampo printing room!

Hi all,

Just to be clear, these models aren't being produced by Rapido but by the factory that made our Class B tanks and will also be making our N gauge Sturgeon wagon.

Cheers

Ben A.

A couple of queries, if I may:

1. Looking at the DB red and Ermewa grey versions and which wagon in each case is fitted with the tail lamp, A, B, C or D?
  2. As there are four versions of each wagon will there be further running numbers in the same liveries to enable a full rake of differing numbers to be collected over time?
  3. Are these being manufactured to pre-order quantities only (as with the TEA), or will there be a quantity available to purchase at the time of release?

thanks

Al

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Al,

I am not sure which is the tail lamp version.

If these models sell well then we may do another run in, say, 2021 or 2022 but capacity issues mean it's unlikely to be sooner. Our N TEAs were very popular and were delivered in October 2016 - only now are we getting around to offering some new versions, and on the assumption that we open the order book early in the new year they won't be delivered until later in 2019.

We are planning to produce a fixed number. If pre-orders go over that number then we will obviously increase it. If you want the wagons but don't want to pre order then you should be able to get them from some or all of our usual trade stockists.

Cheers

Ben A.

Ummmm, okayyyy Ben, so if I wish to order a rake of 10 wagons then how do I ensure that I end up with 1 lamp-fitted wagon and 9 non-lamp wagons?  :scratchhead:

Otherwise thanks for the clarification.

thanks

Al

Edited by YesTor

• RMweb Premium
Looking at the DB red and Ermewa grey versions and which wagon in each case is fitted with the tail lamp, A, B, C or D?

I'm in the same boat (post #21).

I'm waiting to push the button to order a rake of 16 DB wagons. If there is no tail lamp then it's a simple 4 each of A-D

If however let's say 'D' was tail lamp fitted, then the order becomes 5 x 'a, b, c' and 1 x 'd'  but we really need to know which is the tail lamp fitted before we can order :scratchhead: :help:

Would it be possible to have a similar sales arrangement to your IZA cargowaggon twins sets in conjunction with Kernow ?

That is a four pack set of wagons ( also available individually ) and a fifth wagon with a flashing tail lamp available separately

In my humble opinion the IZA cargowaggon twin sets are an eminently sensible arrangement

I'm in the same boat (post #21).

I'm waiting to push the button to order a rake of 16 DB wagons. If there is no tail lamp then it's a simple 4 each of A-D

If however let's say 'D' was tail lamp fitted, then the order becomes 5 x 'a, b, c' and 1 x 'd'  but we really need to know which is the tail lamp fitted before we can order :scratchhead: :help:

That’s exactly what I have ordered. 5 x a, b, c and 1 d. I had a look on Kernows website to see what wagon had the tail lamp fitted and went by that. I hope it’s correct otherwise I’ll have 5 wagons with tail lamps flashing!

• RMweb Premium

That’s exactly what I have ordered. 5 x a, b, c and 1 d. I had a look on Kernows website to see what wagon had the tail lamp fitted and went by that. I hope it’s correct otherwise I’ll have 5 wagons with tail lamps flashing!

Yup, logic would suggest this is the case but with the sums involved, I need to be sure before placing my order.

In respect of Kernow, they are making an obvious price differential between the non/tail lamp variants whereas on Revolutions website you'll have seen the same price listed for all, which gives me further caution.

Yup, logic would suggest this is the case but with the sums involved, I need to be sure before placing my order.

In respect of Kernow, they are making an obvious price differential between the non/tail lamp variants whereas on Revolutions website you'll have seen the same price listed for all, which gives me further caution.

Don’t blame you holding fire on pressing the order button at this time, I just got a little too excited having held the DB version at Warley. Hopefully Mike or Ben will be able to clarify which wagon(s) come with tail lamp soon. And if it isn’t wagon ‘d’ that is lamp fitted, I hope I’ll be able to amend my order to accommodate just having one wagon with tail lamp.

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Apologies for the delay in clarifying this - put it down to post Warley fatigue. 

I can't speak for Kernow, but on the Revolution site we haven't yet listed the flashing tail lamp variants, which is why the prices are all the same.

We will alert people as to when this version is ready to order.  It's just an e-commerce page preparation issue.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

We will alert people as to when this version is ready to order.  It's just an e-commerce page preparation issue.

I'll wait then until those are online, thanks.  Another query, I currently have 20 wagons in total in my shopping cart and the shipping is calculated at £35.00 for UK delivery?!  Please tell me that can't possibly be correct...  :shout:

Edited by YesTor

• RMweb Gold

Hi Al,

We will combine postage on orders but, compared to the N gauge stuff we're used to, 00 models are huge and the packages of TEAs we are sending out are massive! With some it's cheaper to send them by courier.

We've been stung before undercharging on P&P, but please email us directly and we will check there isn't a glitch.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Premium

Hi, anyone know roughly how long these wagons are?  Just thinking it will help people determine the length of train they can run

Thanks,

C.

I think they're quite similar to the IOA/MJA family.

I have an IOA to hand and it's just under 190mm over buffers.

Cheers,

MIck

Edited by newbryford
  • Thanks 1

I treat Mussels (IOAs) and Mendip boxes as the same length when shunting. Being continental registered, both the IOA and JNA have the length over buffers on the side too, and they both show 13.97m.

Hope this helps

Jo

I treat Mussels (IOAs) and Mendip boxes as the same length when shunting. Being continental registered, both the IOA and JNA have the length over buffers on the side too, and they both show 13.97m.

Hope this helps

Jo

Thanks.  I make that approx 18cm then (or 183.8mm to a rivet counter), although obviously got couplings etc too, to consider.  But that helps alot.

Think I'm looking at about 12 DB's then for a decent rake.

Regards,

C. 

Hi, 

I have been looking at these wagons since they were announced and looking online to see if their was any consist of the DB MMA wagons with any other livery MMA/JNAs or put in with other wagons from the DB Cargo fleet in the same train and was wondering if anybody could help me find out if they did run with others or just used on their own as the research i have done seem to suggest that these wagons only run on their own type and wonder if anybody know differently. I know that other operator have mixed their wagons so i am just wondering on the DB ones only.

Thanks if you can help,

Samuel.