RevolutioN announce MMA/JNA in OO

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

A few more details about these in RevolutioN's newsletter today.

For those ordered / ordering direct with RevolutioN, they have now added wagon "L" (in addition to A, B, C & D) to each livery option. "L" is the tail light fitted option.

I have a photo of an "L" one too

post-6662-0-03774400-1544103530_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I’ll have to email either Ben or Mike to see if they can amend my order. As I’ve placed an order for 5 x A,B & C and 1 x D... my OCD is kicking in and will require 4 of each A,B,C & D and 1 of L now.

Yup, my OCD was in overdrive too trying to decide what to order. In the end I stuck with my original 4 each of A-D but have added in 2 tail lamp versions. 

Gives me the option to run either two 9 wagon rakes or to run a full 18 wagon rake that has a tail lamp at each end. Will save me shunting to leave as a fixed block and all I need to do is just switch on/off the relevant lamps.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

DBC completed their demonstrations of the new wagons today by running a rake of MMAs to Eccles.

07 December 2018

Eccles Road (in horrible weather)

66090 on 6Z59, 22:27, Dowlow Briggs Sdgs - Eccles Rd Johnston's Sdg (09:14) - loaded stone (16 MMA)

post-6662-0-94816000-1544177047_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

For anyone wanting to justify a rake up north, a rake was spotted by old ferryhill station.

This rake consisted of a GBRF blue JNA-T, a VTG blue JNA-T and a long rake of Ermewa (non Tarmac branded) wagons.

A perfect excuse of there ever was one!

Indeed, I was wondering if RevolutioN intend to produce the VTG blue version later on perhaps?

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just a gentle reminder that the early bird price on the MMA/JNAs from Revolution (DB Red, Ermewa grey, Ermewa/Tarmac grey) ends at midnight.

After that the price goes up.  As ever we will only manufacture enough models to satisfy our pre-orders.

As with the TEA tankers we anticipate that the models will be available from traders later, for anyone who missed out, though of course with their retail mark-up added.

cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Can anyone from RevolutioN be able to tell if these wagons will come with alternative numbering kits much like the TEA Tankers that were recently released?

EDIT

Also realised I just missed the early bird date  :fool:

Edited by Richy59

• RMweb Gold

Hi Richy,

No, the wagons will not include any replacement number decals.

For the TEAs we wanted to include the VTG "cover up" markings for the Freightliner versions, and the TOPS panels were a simple addition. Plus, adding them is straightforward as they can be laid over the panel that's printed on the model.

For the MMAs, the numbers are UIC style on the body and so renumbering involves removing existing numbers, and we think that those customers who care enough to go to the trouble will be able to source their own numbersets anyway.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the confirmation Ben :) Shame they aren't included as it was a very nice touch with the TEAs and made it such a simple and quick job to do when all included as a package.

Edited by Richy59

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Are the VTG blue opens used on bow -Calvert this type as well does anyone know ?

Yes they are. Regularly see them behind an EWS/DB 66.

599F6546-9440-4425-AC3B-2035244640A2.png

Edited by Andy7
Added a photo.
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would love a rake of these but i've got my fingers crossed for some VTG blue ones so I can model the Burngullow sand, with my layout being set in Cornwall none of the other liveries run down here.

Although some KEA wagons would be just as good :good_mini:

Edited by Connor43002